Techs:

Theology - 1 turn - 715 beakers - 2 at 0%
Music - 1 turn - 858 beakers - 2 at 0%
Economics - 2 turns - 2002 beakers - 5 at 0%
Scientific Method - 3 turns - 3432 beakers - 8 at 0%
Steam Power - 1 turn - 3837/4576 beakers - at 0%
Steel - 4 turns - 4004 beakers - 11 at 0%

Potential Paths (after Steam Power):
Economics - Corporation: Allows for Wall Street, +1 traderoute/city (5 turns)
Steel - Railroad: Allows for Railroads (12 turns)

I'd like to do Steel - Railroads next so we can start building railroads.

You can find more info on all techs here.

Good work - I am really happy with you as head scientist :)

Scientific Method and Steam Power please.

Good work - I am really happy with you as head scientist :)

Scientific Method and Steam Power please.

Scientific Method obsoletes monastries, meaning you can't build them anymore. I would like to get at least 1 decent production city with a taoist monastry before we research it. I'm thinking of Cologne at the moment, but I'm open for suggestions. (We should also make sure we have a production city with a buddhist and confucian monastry).

Then go for steam power, steel and economics (or Ideally head straight for Communism, as we can build the Kremlin, and spend our engineer on Kremlin)

How about steam, steel, railroad, then straight for electricity? (scientific method is in there somewhere) We could jam in the monasteries we need before railroad completes. I don't see any benefit from side trips -- unless we're going to change our minds about going for space.

I'd like to see us head for corporation it's not a large diversion and the + 100% gold in EA would be a huge benefit, Civ still isn't working over here so I can't give the exact number.

I vote for rail since the bonus for lumber and mine,

Grant
the bonus from Wallstreet gives only 50% of the gold, because we 've there now +100% and get then +200%.

1. Steam
2. To Railroad
3. To Corporations.
4. To Military Tradition

Best regards,
Railroad is pretty clear for both the movement and the production benefits. Corporations might be a good thing if the economic benefits are better then the benefits from state property (aka communism) which I don't know since I did not open the save.
Military Tradition is only really useful if you anticipate more wars (the one with rome does not count, it is over though Julius doesn't know it yet) if not lets buy it on the cheap some time.
I'd say RR then either Communism or Corporations then the other of the two to get the economy up and running :)
Edit: D'Oh I agree with Provolution who beat me to it :D

Communism? Hmm I would normally take state property in a game like this, but with representation / mercantilism working so well (See tech thread and the research times at 0% science) I'm reluctant to switch out of that. But again I can't see the save at the moment so I don't know the exact upsides and downsides of both options.

And you're right 50% total increase, 100 from the base value, probably still a large number given the Confucian holy center +40% of commerce to gold.

What's the impact of the kremlin? The info center just says 33% reduction in hurry costs, is that it? We're more likely to run science maxed leaving nothing left to hurry with.

The Kremlin is nice - if you use universal suffrage - if you don't its useless. and even if you do you need to want to hurry stuff ;) Of course I am all for communism because we will eventually want to use the food bonus for production and the maintenance reduction (though I do see the use of mercantilism - we would probably have to see what has the better effects).

As ori said, Communism is nice if you either want to run State Property, which we won't or Universal Suffrage, which we won't.

I still think Uinversal Suffrage has a bearing on our Space Program. When we got the needed techs before the Kremlin expiry date, we can direct our production towards those modules, using commerce on gold to accelerate builds in time, and get quicker to the victory. Our continent will produce a lot of gold, so I think being locked to Representation for the rest of the game and blocking all options is unwise.

I still think Uinversal Suffrage has a bearing on our Space Program. When we got the needed techs before the Kremlin expiry date, we can direct our production towards those modules, using commerce on gold to accelerate builds in time, and get quicker to the victory. Our continent will produce a lot of gold, so I think being locked to Representation for the rest of the game and blocking all options is unwise.

You can't rush spaceship parts :)

No, but during the phase of industrialization of the country, ahead of this, I can see it as very useful.

Scientific Method obsoletes monastries, meaning you can't build them anymore. I would like to get at least 1 decent production city with a taoist monastry before we research it. I'm thinking of Cologne at the moment, but I'm open for suggestions. (We should also make sure we have a production city with a buddhist and confucian monastry).

Well, how about Coppertown? Otherwise, after the war, the people will earned a well-deserved rest (build wealth/science) - maybe???. Unless we need settlers, workers or missionaries of course.

Top Bottom