• Ranger99

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ravensfire

Member of the Opposition
Please choose who you wish to be Minister of Defense from the following candidates:

-- vikingruler
-- CivGeneral
-- Ranger99

Link to Nomination thread

This is a private poll, and will last for 3 days.

I encurage all citizens to vote for CivGeneral :D

I place my vote for CivGeneral.

This is my Election Platform on the Federal Defense of Fanatikos:

1) Warriors will be built for exploritorial purposes when a city is first founded. Barracks will be recommended for construction after that, thus creating veteran warriors and/or hoplites for fortification.

2) Colonies will be guarded from the point in construction to prevent razing from unwanted invading nations or barbarians. A warrior will be first assigned to this post, while a hoplite will soon replace him. Outposts will be built around the colonies to increase vision range. If enemies are approaching, reinforcements will be able to arrive faster to defend the colony. I will spare no assets to defend colonies, due to their immense importance in a 5BC game.

3) Many tactics will be employed to insure the continued protection of Fanatikos. For instance, units will be placed at strategic chokepoints and mountain passes. This will halt enemy troop movement in times of war and allow us to keep enemies at bay until reinforcements arrive.

VOTE vikingruler FOR DEFENSE MINISTER TERM ONE!!!

Well, since I am still in play. Ill post MY platform.
1. Warriors for exploration and garrison duties. I am a realist and beleve that exploring warriors dont need barracks. In experiance, Governors are a bit hesitant (unless they are militarly inclined) to put up barracks. I do plan to encurage governors to put up barracks.

2. Colonies will be defended with defensive troops to prevent colonial razings by barbarians. I feel that it is a waste to use workers to create outposts as fortified units siting on colonies would do a better job. Since colonies are already connected to roads, reenforcements would reach there much quickly than an unconnected city.

3. I do plan on using maginot line tatics (if we are on a large land mass) or choke points (if we are fortunate to find one) to ensure that no civs would trawl around in our pseudo borders.

I encurage all citizens to vote for CivGeneral

seeing as how i'll never win this one, which is probably a good thing since by 'begginning' tactics suck, as far as exploration and using warriors.

I would very much like to apprentice the winner of this election, so that I may learn a bit more about the job as I plan on running in the future.

So CivGeneral, Vikingruler, would either of you allow me to apprentice you for the first term?

Thanks!

I voted for vikingruler, but it was a very close decision between him and CG. I'd be perfectly happy with either one as our minister of defense.

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :king: :beer: :dance: :band: :banana: Victory. I won!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

I would also like to congraulate CG and Ranger99 on a well ran race. It was very close in the end and commend CG for his gallant effort. Due to the fact that CivGeneral came in second and it was very close, I will offer him the job of deputy first, but if he declines I would be happy to give the job to Ranger99.

vikingruler said:
Due to the fact that CivGeneral came in second and it was very close, I will offer him the job of deputy first,...
What a supprise, I would be happy to accept :). I do admit that this was a very close race with a few moments of both of us being tied ;).

I don't need to be 'officially' your deputy... I was just thinking of asking you questions once in a while and you 'tutoring' me about the job a little bit, if you don't mind...

Ranger99 said:
I don't need to be 'officially' your deputy... I was just thinking of asking you questions once in a while and you 'tutoring' me about the job a little bit, if you don't mind...

Sure that's OK. I'll add you to my office in a staff position.

thanks, i'm just interested in learning about the job and all, not in any official position, just a learning type thing.

Top Bottom