Wcil
GreekGuy
Abstain

This poll is open for three days.
Link to the Nomination Thread

Should they choose to make them, their platforms will go below:

-the Wolf

CivGeneral

Yes, and so are other people. I am just basing my choices on readings of previous posts and talking to people. It is not like I can't see what they posted (with the search and post reading thing) and make my choices from there. Also, seeing as to how I am in a "party" of sorts I am inclined to vote for people of the same "party" and not someone of a different "party" as to say.

Questions for candidates:

1. Does this position need a proactive approach, a reactive approach, or require a mixture of the two?
  2. What sources of information would you consider in formulating a plan to deal with other civs?
  3. What kinds of instructions to the DP are needed to fully encompass the responsibilities of this office?

DaveShack said:
  1. Does this position need a proactive approach, a reactive approach, or require a mixture of the two?
  2. What sources of information would you consider in formulating a plan to deal with other civs?
  3. What kinds of instructions to the DP are needed to fully encompass the responsibilities of this office?

#1 This position definitely requires a mixture of a proactive and reactive approach. To be Secretary of State, you need to be able to see into the future, when making allies and enemies, while you have to react to situations, when something unexpected happens. I will make sure we are prepared for all diplomatic possibilities and I will respond to any diplomatic "emergencies".
#2 Seeing as religion is one of the most important factors in this game, it will be the most important factor when deciding who our friends and foes are. Also, if they are willing to trade with us, keep Open Borders up between us, or just be nice to us in general, will affect how I formulate a plan.
#3 Instructions would include 2 different things: decisions made by the citizenry in recent polls and discussions and long term policy decided at the beginning of the term. Also stop orders will be in the instructions, in case something totally unexpected or unfortunate happens.

In conclusion, if you want a dedicated, intelligent, experienced Secretary of State, VOTE for greekguy!

Well, I've read his newspaper and followed him when he was President. I'll vote for greekguy.

Well Greekguy is the only one ive seen so far give any reason for me to vote for him, so Greekguy it is.

DaveShack said:

- A mixture of the two. We need to give the DP standing instructions incase some civilizations make some arrogant demands or request for money / technology. This is reactive. However, we need to be proactive with regards to with whom we open borders, build trade routes to (roads), share technology with and perhaps whom to demand tribute or war renumerations from.

- When dealing with other civilizations, things that come to mind include religion, proximity, technology level, relative military strengths and their deployments.

- Instructions would, as mentioned above, would include what kind of responses to give to civilization demands; which civilizations to trade with, whom to spread religion to (incase we found one) or to get some heathens to ally with us; amongst others.

If you want a wacky, inexperienced but enthusiastic Secretary of State, vote for me... :D

DaveShack said:

Eventhough I have a snowball's chance in heck on winning here and have not been around to do any sourt of campainging due to the holidays. Ill post up my $0.02
1. It would be a mixture of the two. Proactive and reactive approaches since I feel that one should expect the unexpected.
2. The general map, Each microattitude that each Civ has twards us (IE. moving the mouse arrow onto the name of the civ in question and looking at the plusses and minuses)
3. I would make the best of my ability to post up detailed instructions. Which contains both input from the citizens from via polls and discussions and also my own judgement.

We have a winner (which I'll leave for the Censor to announce). Congratulations anyway.

I would like to thank all the citizens who voted for me, it is an honor to be the first Civ 4 Secretary of State. For all those who didn't vote for me, I hope to win you over in the coming term. Now, as my first official action, I appoint CivGeneral my deputy, if he so chooses to accept the position.

greekguy said:
I would like to thank all the citizens who voted for me, it is an honor to be the first Civ 4 Secretary of State. For all those who didn't vote for me, I hope to win you over in the coming term. Now, as my first official action, I appoint CivGeneral my deputy, if he so chooses to accept the position.

greekguy,

Congratulations on your victory!

Unfortunately, Triumvirate positions are not allowed an official deputy position, so you may retain your first official action for something else. ;)

I look forward to working with you in the Triumvirate for our first term!

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
Secretary of War

Donovan Zoi said:
greekguy,

Congratulations on your victory!

Unfortunately, Triumvirate positions are not allowed an official deputy position, so you may retain your first official action for something else. ;)

I look forward to working with you in the Triumvirate for our first term!

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
Secretary of War

Thanks for pointing that out, Secretary DZ. I also look foward to working with you in the coming term. :) May the first CIV DG get off to a smooth start!

Top Bottom