Term 1- Ministry of Culture

Honorable Culture Minister Curufinwe and Deputy Fier Canadien

I am about to lauch the Ringi Reform of Japanatica, and the first target is the city localization and development. As Culture Ministry, you are interested in building culture facilities such as temple, colosseum and cathedral, as well as other cultural wonders promoting happiness and cultural expansion.

Please investigate the City Proposal Thread and assess the printed map, marcation of future city borders, the tile production by shield, gold food and gold. Food is the most critical aspect for your Departments needs, and food in perspective, as you would need the city to expand to generate more culture.

So whenever a proposed city comes into the view on that thread, grade it from 0-5 based on how good the city location is. Also grade the city for its future cultural boundary and cultural expansion potential, as well as factoring in the cultural advantages for Science and Judiciary city improvements.
When complete, write 3-5 lines on the point selection, and submit it with the Domestic Affairs Ministry. If the City alternative is approved and selected for polling, you are free to, but not obliged, to write in the city proposal thread in order to influence the outcome. I have posted similar posts in the other Departments.

Since we can build cheap religous improvements, let's build more temples! Not only will they help to keep our citizens happy, it'll keep the people from founding a 2nd city on the hills and mountains.

Mr. Speaker,
I'd like to remind our guests, her honorable Vice President and his honorable Foreign minister, that my honorable Minister will be back today or tomorrow.

I will abstain of any official action during this time.

Madame Speaker,

Salutations to you, and to all fellow deputies in the Chambre, and all members of the gallery. I have read over the various proposals slowly.

To the Minister for Science, I have this to say, Madame Speaker, I will not act contrary to the will of the people as expressed in a legitimate manner. I may personally favour the path to literature, but it is clear that the people desire a different path. As such, my Ministry and I will pursue that course, though we are free to advocate other positions.

Mme. Speaker, I wish to tell the Minister of Foreign Affairs that I will put into action his proposal in the morning, but, being newly returned from travelling, I'm too weary to put forth my best effort.

Mme. Speaker, I'd like to thank the Deputy Minister for Culture for his stewardship, and as well would like to tell him that he will take control again for 3 days, approximately, this Thursday, Friday and Saturday as the Minister for Culture has a wedding to attend. I apologize that I must be gone, and deeply thank the Deputy Minister.

To all deputies in this Chambre (Deputy being used in the sense of a representative, not a second, Chambre being my preferred spelling, whether right or wrong, and being an appropriate name for the place, though not the institution, of Parliament) I'd like to inform them of the rules in our Chambre. No member may address another by their name, that being the sole privilege of the Speaker, and then only in the instance where a member is to be removed from the Chambre. I implore all members as well to use the third person, this being standard in our Chambre.

[OOC: If you don't feel like it, then don't. I'll use this style for a time simply because I enjoy doing so. However, that gives me no right to force others to do the same. I'll attend to all business tomorrow.]

Dear Cultural Minister Curufinwë,

Our uneducated citizens do not seem enough aware of the great importance of science and - to a lesser extend, of course - culture. I feel it is our task to open the eyes of our citizens for the great benefits science - and to a lesser extend, culture - will bring to our nation.

Let's join forces to teach the citizens that our nation's first goal should be a speedy march to Literature. It has great scientific importance as it allows libraries which greatly increases our scientific capabilities - and to a lesser extend, culture capabilities - and alo has trade value.

Will you join me in the quest for this Science - and to a lesser extend, culture - project ?

Regards,
Rik Meleet
Minister of Science.

Mister Speaker, Misiter My Boss and Mister My Fellow Deputy
I am here to state my full support to my own ministers plea of working towards Literature. I agree with him 100%. I urge you and all citizens to join us on our quest to research literature (regardless of what polls made while I was incharge say).

SaaM
Deputy Science Minister

Mister/Madame Speaker, I remind my fellow deputies that ultimately the choice of which techs to research falls to the people and the people alone. I will, however, advocate the Literature path, and urge the department of Science to mirror my advocacy.

Mr./Mme. Speaker, I remind the member for the Emperors Throne Room [That'd be CG, for those whod ont' know] that unimpressed simply means that we're roughly equal, with perhaps a slight deviation. I will, however, be looking into this. I urge all deputies to look on the Histograph for a more precise interpretation.

Mr/Madame Speaker,
I will not argue the fact that Babylon is unimpressed toward our culture.

However, considering the earlyness of our situation, it is improbable that they have anything else than a Palace.

Now, considering that we have settled one turn later than them, this means that they have one more culture than us.

I wish for the Ministry of Culture to cast there votes and partisipate in the Babylon Trade thread :).

Thanks,
CivGeneral

CivGeneral said:
I wish for the Ministry of Culture to cast there votes and partisipate in the Babylon Trade thread :).

Thanks,
CivGeneral

Mr./Mme. Speaker

I would like to remind the obvious to the Honorable Deputy of Trade, being that the Honorable Minister of culture and myslef have already cast our votes.

Meanwhile, I would suggest that the Culture Ministry takes action to facilitate the establishment of a role-playing game in our society. Such a thing should be helped because it will spread the culture of our nation.

Mr./Mme. Speaker,

Concerning the deputy for "several locations" I h ave this to say, Culture will not, so long as I am Minister, intervene in the qualities of city placement. We may as individuals, but as a Ministry it is not our concern. I am primarily interested in other things, namely culture and an aesthetic style of playing. I congratulate my fellow deputy, however, on his drive and work ethic.

Top Bottom