1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 1 - Nominations for Foreign Affairs Advisor

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of Democracy VII' started by Chieftess, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

Sense when have we had a general policy?

If you post a poll over wether or not we should increase relations with a civ (let's say france), and then say that the majority of people support. As my elected official, I should trust you to make the right choices in response to that poll. Whatever those choices may be. As I said earlier, we might as well just appoint people if there going to ask our approval for every little thing. It would be faster, and wouldn't make one differance.

Any canidate I vote for in the coming elections will receive my trust. I only hope that others may follow the same mindset.

2. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Well said! Unfortunately trust is a two-way street. We need to elect leaders who the people can trust to lead in the general direction that the people want, and the leaders need to be able to trust the people to not try to push them around on every decision. It is a balancing act, with too much autonomous action by leaders leaving the citizens feeling empty, while too much power to the people means the leadership positions are pointless.

3. Icmancin

Icmancin WSNR Pte

Do you intend to make ROP agreements with our neighbors?

They can be effected by alot of things. If it is benefitial to us (i.e. allow for further exploration to the other end of the continent by the military ministry) or if the nation is our ally. But if the political climate is extremely low with the other Civ it should be taken with extreme caution. It could jeopardize our safety. It depends on the Civs feelings for us, ours for them, and what it will do to help us.

4. Civlord

Civlord Chieftain

I agree with you, Icmancin. Foreign Affairs is directly linked to security issues, and first we should know: Who are our neighbors, are they rude, or not? You must be cautious with some aggressive leaders (like Shaka), because even if they are polite they can make a ROP-rape if there is the opportunity. However, this also applies to all other civilizations, because the AI is extremely unpredictable with deals. ROP should be made with caution, even if we see lots of opportunities.

Oh, and I also found your actual photo better than that Guerilla. Better image, of course, means an easier election.

Thanks Civlord. (Just a hint, don't double post, it'll annoy some people)

Sure, but I am quite new in these forums. Thanks for the advice.

5. Icmancin

Icmancin WSNR Pte

Thanks Civlord but the picture isn't of me. It is of Pierre Trudeau, Canadas very funny and talented leader from 1967-1979, 1979-1984. He is my Idol.

6. Civlord

Civlord Chieftain

Yes, I know that of course. I said that your avatar was good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.