Term 1- Zarnia: Here be Krazy People

Zarn

Le Républicain Catholique
Thanks for the election of a non-existant province, but man, will it be a great province in the future. This province will not forever be doomed to being called Province #1, and it will be the province that will lead our civ to victory, as it is the province of our grand capital (well soon to be grand capital).

Zarnia: Praetor Zarn
Deputy: None

Stats will be updated in next term, including mayors of cities.

Zarn said:
Mayor Cyco (who doesn't exist) ;)

Hey! That's my joke. :lol: The game hasn't even started and the Chief Justice is already being plagiarized by the Governor. :D

Cyc wanders off to the Law Library again...

Noldodan said:
*cough* Deputy *cough*

The election would make you deputy (and believe me, you would be a great deputy), but can you hold both the position of deputy and the position of Domestic Minister? I wasn't so sure on that.

Mr Governor:
Do you have any ideas on what to name your province?

edit: Sorry, just saw the thread in the citizens forum

What about adding any unconnected resources with the province?

Zarn - I'm not sure if this should be addressed to you, but just wanting to know:
If we're producing a settler, and about to pop a goody hut, are we going to change production in the city for that turn only (can't get a settler from a goody hut if you're producing one in one of your existing cities)?

Governor, for our first build queue, I suggest 2 warriors, and a settler be built. Assuming the settler is moved SE, irragate the wheat first, then road, and mine the other wheat next. Then, mine the closest bonus grassland in sight. This should get us a nice settler factory.

Chieftess said:
Governor, for our first build queue, I suggest 2 warriors, and a settler be built. Assuming the settler is moved SE, irragate the wheat first, then road, and mine the other wheat next. Then, mine the closest bonus grassland in sight. This should get us a nice settler factory.

I disagree with this, Gov. First of all, it looks like the Northern Jungle tile is going to win in the poll. :cool: Second, regardless of where we plant the Settler, we should not be irrigating those Wheats. We will obviously be using both Wheats first. That means, without ANY improvement on them we'd go 14 turns with only one shield. If we irrigate a Wheat, we may cut that down to say 10 turns (est.). If we mine the Wheat, in 6 turns we double our shield strength. If we move over and mine the second Wheat, we triple our production shields in 13 turns.

We are going to grow fast enough without irrigating. Spending 6 turns to irrigate so we can gain 1 food and grow too quicky is not what we need. We need shields, one in each Wheat. We can irrigate them later in the game. For the first 2 or 3 millenia our Capital will remain fairly small, as it will probably be producing Settlers and Workers. This means the Wheats will be our mainstays. We need a shield in each Wheat.

I always mine my wheat, since I rely on building things faster. For that reason as well as Cyc's arguement I must say that the wheat (both of them) should be mined.

As for the queue, I think two warriors are the way to go. After that, well I'll have to crunch some numbers to see.

Zarn said:
I always mine my wheat, since I rely on building things faster. For that reason as well as Cyc's arguement I must say that the wheat (both of them) should be mined.

As for the queue, I think two warriors are the way to go. After that, well I'll have to crunch some numbers to see.

I agree, mine both the wheats first. That way we have better production and decent growth.

Honorable Governor Zarn

I am about to launch the Ringi Reform of Japanatica, and the first target is the city localization and development. As the Governor, you are interested in building production facilities such as factory, energy source plants, as well as city expansion improvements such as aqueduct and hospital or to find a cheaper alternative by building next to a river ., in order to develop appropriate build queues and in perspective wonders that promote production.

Please investigate the City Proposal Thread and assess the printed map, marcation of future city borders, the tile production by shield, gold food and gold. Shield is the most critical aspect for your Departments needs, and food in perspective, as you would need to scale the city over time.

So whenever a proposed city comes into the view on that thread, grade it from 0-5 based on how good the city location is. Also grade the city for its production resources, as well as roads to other cities and so on.
When complete, write 3-5 lines on the point selection, and submit it with the Domestic Affairs Ministry. If the City alternative is approved and selected for polling, you are free to, but not obliged, to write in the city proposal thread in order to influence the outcome. I have posted similar posts in the other Departments.

Governor,

I have come with (what I feel is) the optimum way for us to pump out a Settler next ASAP. This option is currently winning in an ongoing poll elsewhere, and the results might change. However, I feel it's important to point this out.

We could cut our production time for the Settler in half (from 12 turns to 6 turns), and double our growth time (from 2 turns to 4 turns), by switching the one citizen on the undeveloped wheat over to the only forest within our city Radius.

Here's my planned citizen distrobution, and the resulting growth, commerce, and production.

I feel this is far better then 12 (less after growth) turns waiting for a new Settler. Once that settler is built we can continue the warrior production, however, we'll need to have a location for the settler to relocate to when it is built, we can't have him sitting idle.

Falcon02

I always had faith in you, and this proves you can deliver. I expect nothing less when people present a proposed city, not just throwinjg out a location.Some people think it is too hard to do what you just did, and too timeconsuming. Well, you just proved them wrong. :) Good Job Falcon !

Thanks, Falcon. I will put it under the governor's orders. The people (it seems so anyway) want a settler, and this would be the best way to do it.

My apologies as the computer in my basement somehow lost internet connection, so I couldn't be here from the last day I posted. I finally got my computer (the one in my room) to work, which is alot faster! I just have to get that basement one to work online, because I don't like things not working in my house.

As for settler location, Minister Noldodan seems to have that under control.

Good job, Falc. Way to keep an eye on things.

Zarn, you need to add Fanatikku into Zarnia, and remove the Bobsville example.
I saw some that sabotaged your governorship legally that is upsetting.

Top Bottom