Term 2 – Nominations for Governor of City 5

Furiey

No Longer Just Lurking
Please note: City 5 had not been founded at the time this nomination thread was opened. A name has not been proposed by the current Governor but one may be selected before the end of the term. If the city is not founded before the end of Term 1, the Term 2 Governor may select a different name and will lead the discussions on the location for the city, otherwise the name selected by the Term 1 governor will stand.

The Governor of City 5 is responsible for the care, management, and use of the city and may also setup a civic government in any manner they see fit that does not conflict with Fanatikos laws.

The Governor is a member of the Senate which is responsible for choosing a President should an election cycle complete with no citizen elected as President, and for placing Fanatikos in a state of Mobilization. The Senate also has the power to declare War.

Please submit nominations for the Governor of City 5 in this thread and Accept or Decline any nominations you may receive. Self nominations are allowed. Citizens may only run for one elected position.

Nominations will close and elections open 00:00 GMT on the 28 August (that’s 8pm EDT 27 August).

I nominate myself for this one, as I would like to develop a city from scratch, and I am certain this city will grow well.

I second you both. This is going to be a tough one too. :(

I second both canidates as well.

i second provo and admiral-bell.

Questions for the canidates: How will you utilize your city? What do you plan on building? (general idea) Do you think we should found City #5 in land we've already explored, or should we look for a better spot to settle?

1. It really depends on outside factors. If the other cities are commerce cities then city 5 will be production, if they are production then city 5 will be a commerce city.
2. first 1 hopilite then barraks, then another hopilite then temple or couthouse, and then the last hopilite. The rest depends on wether we are at war(military) or peace(infastructure/wealth)
3. The best spot available at the time is where city five will be founded

1. Of course it depends on site, but as future governor, I will strive to optimize the choice of location to include river, built on a hill and surrounded with amples resources and food in order to become a complete city that can deliver in all conceivable area.
As 5 is our last city, we need to pick the best, and only the absolutely best site available, and I will not condone some of the mickey mouse selection processes so far.

2. Different from Admiral Bell, I would build 1 warrior, then barracks, then two hoplites, then upgrade warrior to sword, and primarily focus on securing culture (temple, later lirary) and a marketplace. Granary is not that important as we got a 5 city limit.

For the miltiary of the city, I want City 5 fully self served, and have the following order of battle:

2 hoplites, both veteran
Swordsman, regular and veteran (one upgraded warrior)
Catapult, veteran
Horseman

3. I am certain most of the map will be settled or explored by the time settler five is complete, so the last question is hardly an issue as our cities must be connected.

Why are there no workers in either candidate's plans? That has me quite worried for Fanatikos, as some of City 3's candidates have shown a lack of will to build workers too.

Workers are implicit to a city's welfare, and I always factor these in. Yet, from other demogames this was a presidential issue. However, I consider 2-3 workers per city adequate, and since this is city 5, I am sure to lend some of city 1-4 workers, as we are the last to be developed. So all free hands will go to City 5. Otherwise, I consider two workers enough for improving the tiles in line with growth.

If elected, will you leave the city naming process up to the citizens or use a name you yourself come up with? If you go with the latter option, what would you name the city?

I would name the City Priapos, if I am elected, the son of Aphrodite the love goddess and Dionysos, the God of Wine. That is my proposal. If the citizens do not like the name, they better go for the other candidate, but it sure has a good purpose, and I know how to run a city very well, as you have seen before.

I would propose Priapos, nominate that name to the people, since I got that idea, add other ideas, and poll them for everyone to decide. I am not using "Democracy" as a punchline to get votes, as in a demogame, that is a given.

When I say democratic I mean it. I will handle the basics such as tile usage but citizens can vote on production and worker usage and. the policies approved by the citizens will be what the city uses regardless of wether it is my policy or not

Top Bottom