Term 3 - Domestic Department - Order from Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have made my decision on appointees for the 2 planned Provincial Governor positions. donsig will be presented as Governor of the SouthWest Province and Cyc will be presented as Governor of the SouthEast Province. Many factors went into these decisions including the citizen feedback poll, my personal experience working with them on various projects and a mandate to get and keep both of them in official office.

FionnMcCumhall will be named to the Northern Province as soon as that province has another city. My personal feeling is that must happen very quickly. It is seriously underdeveloped and within the Capital's reduced corruption range.

All Department Leaders should respond to these 2 polls:
Confirmation for donsig to SouthWest Province
Confirmation of Cyc to SouthEast Province

A small extension of the SouthWest Province is needed. Octavinium currently lies outside the province but touching it. By expanding the province to include the last tiles of forest west and north of Octavinium (natural border) the city would be included. This wierdness was caused because the terrain wasn't fully known when the border was placed.

Also, please start plans and discussion for the next circle of provinces. We need these defined ahead of expansion this time.

Please post build queues and tile optimizations. The Domestic Department will be responsible for all cities except Bavaria until new governors are appointed by the President and accepted by the Council. As the Council is aparently refusing to accept any candidate for any province until Fionn is made an appointee, this could be some time.

I formally request that the domestic department post a poll on the question of combining Bavaria, Valhalla and Kuhkaff into one province (Bohemia) thereby eliminating the unpopular capital province. Please note that if two more citizens second this request the domestic leader is required to post this poll.

I second that,
I am getting tired about the constant "Where is Fionn going to go?" and "Fionn is elected by the people to run Bohemia" complaints. I would agree on combining Bavaria, Valhalla and Kuhkaff and there by eliminating the Capital Provance and the complaints and Fionn can continue the govenorship in Bohemia :).

Post #777 :D

Donsig: You owe me a favor. I third it. We elected Fionn to be the governor of ALL our cities. Now we are placing a man whose tallents rival that of the Almighty ones (Josh: If you are reading this, COME BACK!!) one city. And we are telling him to sit on his duff for the next two TCs and let Barvaria build The Heroic Epic (note: I have nothing against that). Making these three cities, our two settler stations and our grand capital one province is a great idea. I hearby ask our Domestic Minister to post a poll regarding making Barvaria, Kuhkaff and Valhalla the province of Bohemia.

Donsig & Civgeneral: would you be satisfied with a reposting of the original run-off poll, if the Judiciary find such an action to be legal? I believe that this would have much the same result as that which you propose, without involving a relatively arbitrary new proposal at this late point. I will of course bow to your original demands if this course of action does not appeal to either of you.

EDIT: Add SAaM to the approval list too.

Repolling the exact same proposals seems non-productive, for lack of a better word. It seems that the idea of a one city province is liked by few though we are not of one mind as to what we do want. There are those of use who would like to see Bavaria in a province with Valhalla and Kuhkaff while others would like to see Bavaria (and the future home of our Forbidden Palace) to be districts under the domestic department. I'd personally like to see a poll where citizens can choose between these two options. We've also seen suggestions for tweaking the borders around Octavinium and the city near the incense. The best course seems to be to start a single discussion thread (under domestic department auspices) that that will lead to a poll that will decide these issues all at once.

there is already a discussion regarding new borders for future and present provinces in the citizens thread

Yes, there is Fortyj's thread about the SE province only. Shaitan's suggestion about Ocatavinium's borders and the capital province/district is in other places. What I am suggesting is the domestic department note these proposals and combine them into a single official (if you will) border discussion thread. We need a discussion thread up for a given time so that the subsequent poll has half a chance of being valid. With one discussion thread we can then do one poll instead of four.

I poll about combining Bavaria, Valhalla and Kuhkaff has been requested by the requisit number of citizens and the judiciary has deemed a repoll of the run off to be bad. A provincial borders poll that includes (but is not neccessarily limited to) the Bavaria/Valhalla/Kuhkaff province must be posted soon.

Chief Justice Notice

An official poll has passed which requires elimination of the province of Bohemia and consolidation of the land tiles in that province under control of the Domestic department.

This poll http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=589901#post589901 , has passed, reached quorum, and is binding.

The build queues for the city of Bavaria, and land tiles in the former province of Bohemia, are now officially the responsibility of the Domestic department.

Bill
Chief Justice

An injunction against carrying out the results of the poll mentioned above has been requested. The dissolution of a province is unconstitutional and we wish for the poll in question to be ruled invalid and for informational use only.

hmm looking like bohemia is becoming non-existant all together. I think i swore up and down that one city provinces, and districts are a bad idea.

Is it possible for a mere citizen to second an injunction request?

Chief Justice Notice

The judiciary has reviewed the poll as requested by injunction, and a majority have voted to uphold the poll.

As noted above, this is not a indication of dislike of the current or former Governors of Bohemia. It is simply supporting the overwhelmingly expressed vote of the people.

The city of Bavaria build queues and tile optimization are comfirmed as the responsibility of the Domestic Leader.

Bill
Chief Justice

As deputy and one who can appoint mayors i now appoint Plexus as mayor of Bavaria.

I am disgusted that a formal request for a poll, that has been seconded by two citizens, has gone ignored while other polls on the subject have been posted, reached quorum, reviewed and upheld! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Will you please post a poll about combining Bavaria, Valhalla and Kuhkaff into one province called Bohemia?!?

Chief Justice Note

Ek, the CoL, Section A.6.b states:

Any citizen can request that a departmental leader post a poll that lies within that leader’s responsibilities.

If two other citizens agree with the proposed poll (proposal seconded and carried) the request becomes a demand and the leader must comply.

Will you post the poll?

I am guessing that you would prefer an all encompassing solution for this issue, and I would join you in wishing that we had one. I know that donsig is a reasonable guy and wants to work toward solutions too.

Barring those things occuring though, I am satisfied that the requirements of the CoL is met for a citizen demanded poll.

Bill
Chief Justice

We are critically short of spearmen to relieve our veteran swords of garrison duty as well as horsemen for our Japanese offensive. Please take this into consideration when planning your build queues.

There is a settler/spear pair outside of Kuhkaff. I strongly recommend placing this next city in the North Province. Not only will this enable another Governor position but the city will be within the corruption reduction radius of the capital. We could also snag that extra iron with a properly placed city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom