Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GenMarshall

High Elven ISB Capt & Ghost Agent
Night Haven, Vekta, United Systems of Korpulu
Please vote for the following Canidates: Chieftess, Rik Meleet, and Abstain. Poll will close on Feb 29th GMT.

Yours,
The Election Office Staff

I voted for Rik Meleet. He's experienced, well-organized, and well-qualified to run this office, perhaps more so than I was. :lol:

Then again, maybe it wouldn't hurt to drag Chieftess further back into this game while she's kicking and screaming... :p

Finally a tight race for me in Trade! :D

I *might* beable to give you a good run CT, the best trade leader in demogame history vs the best science leader in demogame history.

After Rik Meleet's admirable handling of the Presidency in Term 1, I am pretty sure we can expect more of the same here.

Vote Rik!

<election-mode>

I invite any doubters to ask questions to both candidates. I'm not sure my counterpart will answer; I surely will !!.

Read my lips: "No new taxes".
Ich bin Ein Berliner !!
Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country !
I didn't inhale.

<end election-mode>

If you vote for me, I will actively post discussions on any of the latest trades after each turnchat. I will also revitalize the science sector, which I think needs help. We need to set a goal for ourselves, not just pick any old tech as it comes along.

Wow, I'm losing trade for the first time. :)

Please look here for the kind of information I would expect from our future Trade and Technology Leader. Will you be up to my expectations? ;)

Originally posted by tao
I would expect the following arguments from our Trade and Technology Leader:
  1. Argue to establish embassies w Egypt and Greece to lower the map prices.
  2. Egypt is willing to pay wm, 40g for code of law.
  3. Egypt is willing to pay wm, 140g for philosophy.
  4. Thus Egypt is researching code of law.
  5. I assume that Egypt and Greece have traded world maps.
  6. If we learn polytheism from Egypt, Germany will not get it from the Great Library since they don't know Egypt.
  7. Thus we should get polytheism, 242g from Egypt for mathematics, literature, code of law.
  8. We should get wm, 97g from Greece for minimum set of (mathematics, literature, code of law).
  9. The world maps will show us the location of all barb camps. Our military should dispose those close to us asap.
  10. Egypt, Greece still need philosophy before they can research republic.
  11. We have all their money and their maps.
  12. Our galley should go south to watch out for Babylonian ships about to contact Greece and Egypt. Before this is about to happen, we have to sell the contacts and that should give us construction.
  13. Before trading the contacts, sell/donate the techs to Germany they will get from the Great Library.
  14. We may want to renegotiate peace with Germany making 100g.
  15. We may want to renegotiate peace with India making 120g.
    [/list=1]

1. Philosophy has value 6, CoL has value 10. It is thus strange that Egypt values them currently differently. Seeing that each civ we or Egypt knows either has both or neither must lead to the conclusion that they are researching it and have been so for quiet some time.
    There is no way of knowing for sure Egypt and Greece have traded WM's; Egypt is offering more than Greece ever can. But the assumption is valid, despite being uncertain.
    The Great Lib statement is true regarding Poly.
    I am a strong supporter of trading techs to Egypt for Poly, in this situation. But I'd like to get Egypt's WM as well. "Egypt and Greece have traded WM's" is just an assumption. I don't gamble based on assumptions if we can be sure for a low price.
    WM + all Greece's gold for some techs is the path I'd suggest.

The T&T leader isn't concerned about Barb camps; that's the job for the Military and Internal affairs.

At this moment in time (all Egypts and Greece's money, WM and techs (perhaps Egypt already has Monarchy, despite not having started THG and still being in Despotism)) I'd research 2 paths to propose for a citizen's vote;

path 1 Stop trade; hold off contacts till the last moment or till we are ready with Republic and the new age.
    path 2 Catapult us into the new age by buying Construction from Russia and trade everything around (remember scientific Germany, Babylon and Russia (and Greece, but I don't think they'll get a lot more techs through us)) will get a free tech in the new age; if they get the same tech, it's cheaper for us, if they get different techs we have a 2fer1 or 3fer1.

Renegotiating peace is the responsibility of Foreign Affairs, not T&T.

I voted for Rik mainly on the basis of his handling of the complicated presidency of term 1. And his plans seem to be ok - though it would have helped to see Chieftess' plans also before voting. Anyway, all the best to both of you. This was a tough choice for everyone, I guess.

I have posted my plans before. They're in the nominations thread... Looks like Rik is gonna finally pull off a huge upset that no one else has been able to do whenever I ran for trade.

:lol: Looks like I finally met my match! I was getting tired of winning. ;)

Originally posted by Chieftess
:lol: Looks like I finally met my match! I was getting tired of winning. ;)

ahh, I could have beat both of you... :p

Top Bottom