Term 3 - Nominations for Governor of Province of Berry

My goals for the province of Berry are to make sure that we get settlers produced for our future expansions. I will also ensure that there will be settler and worker factories. The overall plan will be for me to micromanage each city so that they can pop out settlers and workers. I will also be working along side with the ministry of the interior for sites for settlements in our empire.
I feel that I have more experience in being governor. I have been trained by the legendary Almightyjosh in Demogame 1, I have been Governor twice in Demogame 2, and I am also currently the Mayor of Groton and Deputy Governor. I have good Micromanagement and City Administration skills. I feel that I am an excellent choice for the province of berry

I have a question -

3. Lately, there have been build queues which forced the turnchat to be stopped. This was having a worker built in 2 turns in a size 1 town that would grow in 7-10 turns. So, my question is, "How carefully are you going to micromanage your cities to prevent this sort of situation from happening?".

I also have a question:

Should the vote for my proposed "Agressive Expansionism" policy suceed (the vote is 7Y 0N 1A, so it probably will), how will you handle that policy and how would you work with it? I would want to make sure that the domestic leaders knew how to do this policy effectively and what is requrired of it. Thanks :)

- Sarevok

Question to the candidates:

(inspired by CG's response)

4. Early on we had a discussion about categorizing cities for certain, specific uses. Do you plan to follow something similar for your cities? If so, specifically how would you use each city?

5. What role with Mayors play in your province?

Again, my thanks for your answers!
-- Ravensfire

I will ensure that I will micromanage with the greatest care. I will show foresight and planning in fulfilling my duties as governor. To prevent this I will make sure that the spt would be around an even number range (2, 4, 6, etc). I will also plan and time when the population hits a size growth and Time it just right so that a worker pops out at the same time the city grows in size.

(In responce to CT's question)

Note: I have combined Ravenfire’s question (4. and 5. ) and Sarevok’s questions into one essay response.

I plan to follow a similar organization that the mainstream Demogame had. Mainly I would have a city that would be producing 5 spt or more making Workers unless they grow 2 sizes larger by the 6th turn, and then they would be Settler factories
The role of mayors will play in my province will be to aid the Governor in build queues that they see best for there province. I wish to see more of this since I have seen this done in Demogame 1 with Almightyjosh’s province of Asphyxia. I wish to see mayors involved in provincial affairs.
I would definitely work with Sarevok’s policy on “Aggressive Expansionism” since part of my plan is to bring in settlers to expand to our unclaimed areas of our empire before other civs have a chance to have there grubby on them.

@ Sarevok - I do understand that it requires the construction of Barracks. I will find a way to get a barrack into a build queue. Though cities with a spt of 5 and is size is over 2-3 will have first priority to have barracks. Since I want to make sure to first get our 1 size to grow and to have 5 spt before it can build a barrack

(Jeez, you go to bed, and look what happens!)

Expantion, Expantion, Expantion. The three values that I will lead this provence by. We are still early in our nation's life, and so we need to expand better than our neighbors. We need settlers and workers to push the bounds of our nation. Our brave men will lead our great nation to the top of the world!
Should our neighbors become afraid of our expation, the burden shall fall to Berry's cities to defend our nation. We will do all possible to reverse and conquer any forces that would dare challenge our might; be it Babylon, Russia, India, whoever.
This will require work. Those mayors of my provence will need to look at their cities; really look at their cities to get the best out of them. I plan on acting as the final arbiter in disputes of tile usage and the go- between for the mayors and the rest of the administration. In the event that a mayor is not present, I will manage his city until he returns. Think of it as a Federalist system: I would be Washington DC and the Mayors would be Boise, Salem, Sacremento, Buffalo, and so on. With your support, I can lead Berry to greatness!

By the way, I have managed a Provence before, both as Deputy and Governor.

Good evening my fellow Fanaticans, this is your good friend Shalshaska *hands out Monarchists posters and collectable mugs” I am here today to answer a few question’s about how I will conduct the affairs in Berry province.

Question 1: What are your goals for your province this term? A great question, I intend to work on two principals Security and Production. Now there are a few facts that I want everyone here to understand, first we Are surrounded by neighbours who wish to do us harm. The Babylonians have warriors INSIDE our boarders, and have told our diplomats if we wish to renegotiate peace we must pay THEM tribute. The other nations on our boarders are two militaristic civilization; Russian and German. And second we have Barbarians in our territory. There are Phenocien horses in our land and Macromannin and Celtic pirates off our coasts. If elected to this glorious position I will bulid two new barracks in our great province. I will create new Spearmen to protect our cities. I will also order the creation of horsemen which will work as an offensive force if we become involved in a war and during peacetime they will be able to scout of the barbarians in the northern desert.
If we truly intend to win this game we are going to need good production, whenever we need to build spaceship parts, the United Nations, Cultural improvements or a large army.
If I become governor I will build Granary’s to increase growth in the cities which will increase production. I also intend to build more workers to work our land which will increase the productiveness of or Province.

2. Why should I vote for you over the other candidates? I am new to this game and have no experience in government. But I have to start somewhere. None of you have seen what I can do, and if I am not voted in you never will. If I am elected I will work together with the other members of this department and of the government to best represent the people of this province and nation. And to uphold the constitution of Fanatica. If I become the deputy governor I will do my best to assist the Governor in his tasks.

3. Lately, there have been build queues which forced the turn chat to be stopped. This was having a worker built in 2 turns in a size 1 town that would grow in 7-10 turns. So, my question is, "How carefully are you going to micromanage your cities to prevent this sort of situation from happening?". This was having a worker built in 2 turns in a size 1 town that would grow in 7-10 turns. So, my question is, "How carefully are you going to micromanage your cities to prevent this sort of situation from happening?". I would make sure this will not happen by keeping track of the cities from the save.

4. Early on we had a discussion about categorizing cities for certain, specific uses. Do you plan to follow something similar for your cities If so, specifically how would you use each city? I sure. I don’t really understand that question. In my single player games I normally set different cities to build specific units later on in the game but at the start I normally don’t. If you mean some cities for commerce, some for food and some for production and some for science, I normally don’t do this in my games but I do build science wonders in the cities with best science e.c.t.

5. What role with Mayors play in your province? As I am new to the game I would like the governors to help with the managing of the cities.

I hope that I have answered all the questions that have been asked. And I ask again that you vote for me as I would like to get involved in the game. If I am elected to this propitiation I will work hard, to be honest I think I would be more well suited to the deputy position so I can learn the ropes. If anyone else had any other questions I will be happy to answer them.
Thank you

VOTE SHALASHASKA
VOTE Krabius
VOTE NEW BLOOD!!!!!
:king::king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king:

Top Bottom