Term 4 - Budget Office

Dave,

I would like to request that funds be used to rush Temples in:

Malvern Hill - 104g
Cold Harbor - 92g

Now that the cultuarally superior Aztecs control Jinjan(which we were hoping would flip to us from Persia), this expense becomes a defensive measure and should be done immediately.

I would like to request funds to rush the aqueduct in Nafstac. This city cannot grow further until this very important project is completed. The projected cost of the project is 124g, less than eight per cent of our current treasury (not including income we can still realize by selling metalurgy).

Originally posted by donsig
I would like to request funds to rush the aqueduct in Nafstac. This city cannot grow further until this very important project is completed. The projected cost of the project is 124g, less than eight per cent of our current treasury (not including income we can still realize by selling metalurgy).

At present, the Aqueduct will finish in 8 turns and the town cannot grow for at least 10 turns, by moving a laborer to a coast tile. Moving a laborer from the mountain to a hill results in Aqueduct in 11, growth in 10. The only way to achieve better would be to join a worker, and this is a medium corruption town which will probably need a courthouse even under Democracy.

Given this analysis, do you still want to rush the aqueduct? I'm inclined to say it doesn't gain enough to be worth the cost, but am open to being convinced.

Originally posted by Donovan Zoi
Dave,

I would like to request that funds be used to rush Temples in:

Malvern Hill - 104g
Cold Harbor - 92g

Now that the cultuarally superior Aztecs control Jinjan(which we were hoping would flip to us from Persia), this expense becomes a defensive measure and should be done immediately.

I agree, and we should probably do a flipcalc to see if it is necessary to add to the garrison as well. Funds for this project are approved.

The rushing of the temples was requested by me in the Domestic thread, before the budget thread was opened. I am agreeable to these rushes.

Budget office. I have several requests regarding cash-rushes in Esquiline province.

Wandering gnome hills - cashrush an aquaduct. It is size 6. building it from scratch takes 68 turns. It has the potential to reach size 12 if the terrain is irrigated.

Bab's landing - cashrush an aquaduct. It is size 6. building it from scratch takes 69 turns. It has the potential to reach size 12 when an harbor is build.

Thank you.

Originally posted by Rik Meleet
Request to cashrush:

cashrush Babs Landing's aquaduct, North Shore's aquaduct and Wondering Gnome Hills' aquaduct.

Thank you

I figured something like this would come along, so took the precaution of pre-approving up to 480g in the instructions thread for earlier today. If that didn't get done and it's still needed, it can be done at the start of the next preturn.

Upgrades requested in the Domestic thread:

Originally posted by Peri
Would you please instruct the president to upgrade 6 spearmen so we don't have to build them from scratch and can use the resources for cav building.

Thanks.

I don't have Civ available right now and can't remember the price, nor how much gold we have. However this does apply to the war goals, and given the gpt we are likely to get from trade, shouldn't be any problem, so I'll add it to the instructions.

DS,

Cost is 80 per spearmen, so 480 total. There is a good breakdown of costs for the entire effort in the Making up the Shortfall thread.

-- Ravensfire

Dear Domestic/Budget.

In the instruction thread you allow the President to cashrush aquaducts in these conditions.
If requested, cash rush of Aqueducts is approved up to 100g each or total of 300g, whichever comes first, as long as the requesting city is at least size 5 and capable of further growth.

I like to ask for more money, namely 256 gold, to cashrush the aquaduct in North Shore (currently on marketplace, but needs an aquaduct). It has +3 food, capable of fast growing to size 12 due to 7 coast tiles (0s, 2f, 3t) and some irrigated grasslands. Furthermore it has several mountain tiles if we need shields. Corruption is too high, but the next in line will be a courthouse, if you please.

Rik Meleet
Governor of Esquiline.

Again I request to cashrush aquaducts.

1 - North shore, cost is 160 gold. It saves us 20 turns, North shore has +5 food and is stuck at size 6.

2 - Babs Landing, cost is 176 gold. It saves us 44 turns. Babs has +4 food and is stuck at size 6. It can be a good Worker factory when the aquaduct is finished.

3 - Wandering Gnome Hills, cost is 132 gold, it saves us 33 turns. WG Hills has +5 food and stuck at size 6. It can be a worker factory when the aquaduct finishes.

Please ?

Originally posted by Rik Meleet
Again I request to cashrush aquaducts.

1 - North shore, cost is 160 gold. It saves us 20 turns, North shore has +5 food and is stuck at size 6.

2 - Babs Landing, cost is 176 gold. It saves us 44 turns. Babs has +4 food and is stuck at size 6. It can be a good Worker factory when the aquaduct is finished.

3 - Wandering Gnome Hills, cost is 132 gold, it saves us 33 turns. WG Hills has +5 food and stuck at size 6. It can be a worker factory when the aquaduct finishes.

Please ?

These are approved, and some more besides. Looks like we came upon a windfall since the last time I looked, and we'll get another 872 gold next turn. :D

FAO Domestic

Could you release 560g to upgrade 7 spearmen please.

Regards

This is reagrding the request for three Aqueduct cash rushes. I also posted this in the Domestic thread.

If these cities are to be worker factories and will be constantly negating growth, then why should we bother with Aqueducts?

These cities have sufficient food to become worker factories immediately, as the extra workers will ensure that they don't grow beyond Size 6 anyway. If anything should be rushed in these cities, it should be a Granary. In due time we can consider an Aqueduct after we have a more sizable workforce.

Please reconsider your position here, Dave. Or at least table it until next term. ;) :D

For the record, as acting governor of province 5 (ex officia as Domestic) I request these cash rushes.

• Temple in Hieraconopolis (spelling??) 160g
  • Temple in Asyut 152g
  • Library in Giza 160g

The temples are to avoid culture flips. The library is to boost science in Giza, which contains Copernicus.

As Domestic Leader, I approve of these rushes :D.

These 3, and the 3 aqueducts requested by Rik, are now subject to a poll. Cash rush approval poll

FAO Domestic

Regards

Don't forget this request please. :)

FAO Domestic

Regards

It doesn't appear that we're in any imminent danger, so I'd rather defer this and let the new Domestic Leader handle it to fit in with his strategy for the next term.

Top Bottom