Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I encurage all citizens to vote for CivGeneral :D

And another for CT.

-- Ravensfire

Honestly - your questions in the nomination thread were excellent, and covered most of the areas I was interested in.

But, I do have one ...

Candidates: Currently, the purse strings of the Fanatica are controlled by the Senate. Ignoring any efforts to change this, how do you plan to work with the Senate for upgrades? What upgrades are you planning in the first 3 turn chats?

Thanks!
-- Ravensfire

Originally posted by ravensfire
Honestly - your questions in the nomination thread were excellent, and covered most of the areas I was interested in.

But, I do have one ...

Candidates: Currently, the purse strings of the Fanatica are controlled by the Senate. Ignoring any efforts to change this, how do you plan to work with the Senate for upgrades? What upgrades are you planning in the first 3 turn chats?

Thanks!
-Ravensfire

Here is my Idea. (Yes it is my original Idea and I am no longer going to do any plagiarizing any more since I have learned my lesson). I would work with the governors and the Vice President to persuade them that it would be a good idea to have our units to be upgraded.

The units I would upgrade first are Horsemen and then Swordsmen.

Originally posted by ravensfire

But, I do have one ...

Thanks!
-- Ravensfire

Because we are going to war against culture-based civs (Egypt first), rushes will be very important (especially culture rushes, but that's domestic's domain - and I sure hope they protect cities culturally...). There are certain cities that are in need of aqueducts to get to size 12 (or their maximum size) to fit in with my future "Military City Plan", which I'm working on right now. I will post in the senate thread, and email the appropriate governors.

There are currently Babylonian troops near Mure, the "Little City That Could". If needed, I may request to rush barracks in Mure in order to upgrade the spear. Right now, there's not much we can do about that city, except hope and pray.

For the spears, we have 2 that can be upgraded now, and one that can be upgraded in 7 turns (provided the governor keeps the barracks). We have 1 horseman in Raven's Flight, acting as a unit garrison. It's in the south-west side of the capital, which sorely needs work. We also have 12 warriors acting as a protective garrison, of which NONE can be upgraded. In order to upgrade them, we need to increase our production of Pikemen. This is one area where I'd have to talk to the governors about building defensive units, as well as growth improvements (aqueducts, for example). It's not so simple to say, "Well, I'll upgrade 12 warriors to swords". There's logistics involved. Do we really want to rush 12 barracks? (that's what it'll take). Do we want to build Sun Tzu so we can have the barracks free? Do we want to shuttle units back and forth? By the time we shuttle units back and forth, we might have cavs, and muskets.

There really isn't much for us to upgrade. Upgrading the warriors would be a huge endeavor (sp). It would be a waste of money to rush barracks just to upgrade 1 or 2 warriors in corrupt cities. There's also the problem of a trade route. There's no road, or harbor connecting our colonies.

For my personal plan (for those concerned):

I would, understanding the cultural nations surrounding us build an army built on speed. The defensive units would just be fore city garrisons, though i would have all of them upgraded. With swordsmen officially obsolete now, they are of little use and Siege weapons only for reserve for this Term untill Cannon and Riflemen show up. Thus I would push for building city garrisons to replace the sword and Warrior garrisons, then disband those troops for shields to fuel buildings or keep the swords as reserves. The archers would be removed as well to fuel improvements.

I am for the removal of the Senate and the establishment of a "Finance and Labor" department which I hope to see established for Term 5. Until then all cash demands would go through the senate.

I would also push to have The Art of War created ASAP.

Just my opinion :)

- Sarevok
Minister of Defense

I Support Chieftess, I believe she can lead the Armies of Fanatica to victory in most Circumstances.

a war beaks out
CT: i would go to the governmers and push for better infastructure and more units
CG: i would go to the governmers and push for more infastructure and better units

we run out of money for upgrades
CG: do i have to answer first? ummm, i will allow the other canidate the honor of going first
CT: i would try to compromise and say that i'll upgrade less units if they lower spending
CG: i would try to compromise and say that i'll upgrade fewer units if they raise defense spending

we get a great leader, but the domestic advisor has already decided to use it to rush a [non-military] wonder
CG:do i have to answer first?
CT: yes
CG: ummm, i would, ummmm, consult my advisors, and listen to input from all areas of the community. i will give an example by asking CT what she would do in this situation
CT: i would make arangements so that the next MGL is used to create an army. then i would see if i can convince them to at least change it to a military oriented wonder
CG: and i would follow the will of the people. based on the input i've recieved i would make arangements so that the next MGL is used to create an army. then i would see if i can convince them to at least change it to a military oriented wonder

someone wants to be come military deputy
CT: sure, i could use an extra hand
CG: ahhhhh, you want to tae my position and beat me in the next election, ahhh i will lose! i resign/quit

Some strange circumstances can arrive in wars, Sarevok. While Chieftess does seem to have the skill to create a well planned offensive against 2 to 3 opponents, she might have troubl;e if a world war breaks out.

Originally posted by Sarevok
most? Id say all.

Well, yes, yes they did. But since you prompted me, that was the best I could do! :D

-- Ravensfire

Originally posted by F4FWildcat
Some strange circumstances can arrive in wars, Sarevok. While Chieftess does seem to have the skill to create a well planned offensive against 2 to 3 opponents, she might have troubl;e if a world war breaks out.

Just so you know, I've played a couple of Always War games, and won. :)

I vote for Chieftess, a vote of trust in her leadership qualities :) (dont fail :p )

Originally posted by F4FWildcat

good thing CT said I could be Deuputy then :D Still I think CT is fully able to handle the situation. And if all else fails... youve got a Wargamer with over 10 years experience as deputy. ;)

Yes indeed. Congratulations Mademoiselle minister de la Defense (or something like that ;) )

Top Bottom