Votes: 16 72.7%
  • CivGeneral

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally posted by CivGeneral

I wish to withdraw my above statement and I wish to continue running.

It's too late CG. You already withdrew, and even posted a request to be a governor in the Interim Reports thread. Unless you can prove that a DL, or someone hacked into your account and posted that, it won't be re-opened.

Whether a candidate withdraws or not, the polls do not close.

Heck, in the US, the continuation of the election allowed a gubernatorial candidate to beat the incumbent despite the minor detail that he had died the month before.

In our history, I don't think we have ever had an election end prematurely, regardless of circumstance. And we are certainly not going to start now.

Poll re-opened.

sort of reminds me of dea, nd after droping out won vermont

the difference is dean won vermont, and CG will probably lose (might have had a chance if not for his fascination with the ability to copy and paste)

Isn't it kind of......stupid to reopen it?

If he dropped out because he figured he was going to lose, isn't it kind of apparent that he will lose anyway? If he has no confidence in winning, why bother?

Go CT (arrg I said it!)

Can I just remind everyone that, even if they don't agree with the decision, they should not to comment on it publicly. :)

Originally posted by WildFire
Isn't it kind of......stupid to reopen it?

If he dropped out because he figured he was going to lose, isn't it kind of apparent that he will lose anyway? If he has no confidence in winning, why bother?

Go CT (arrg I said it!)

Hey, watch it, pal. ;) To wit, I can't stand the NO TURN ON RED law(2 time loser here ;) ), but it's the law..

Plus, I can't seem to abide by the premature decision since it seems(and I could wrong) that the poll may have been closed by one of the candidiates.

This is Fanatica, where the polls never close early. Never have, never will....... :)

Here is what my plan will consist of in my campaign. My plan is first off is to eliminate the threat of the Egyptians by eliminating there colonies. In order for me to do this I would need to have an army of knights and swords. The knights will be the main offensive units while the swords will cover as back up and garrison duties.

Once the Egyptian thread has been eliminated, then I would focus my attention on eliminating the Babylonian threat. Since the mainland Babs will be stronger, this is where I would use catapults to soften up the enemy’s defenses.

How am I going to raise the army to do both campaigns? Well to put it simply, I would convince local governors to add knights, catapults (For the Bab campaign), and Swords into there build queues. I will also work with the Domestic and local Governors to have them improve the infrastructure on the Babylonian front.

We only have 3 Egyptian cities on our continent, 2 of which may be autorazed. We need a steady fleet of galleys if we're serious about invading the Egyptian homeland. The war with Egypt may be, at the least, a limited war.

If a candidate withdraws from the election then decides he changes his mind, why should the people have confidence in his ability to make decisions and carry them out?

Originally posted by Chieftess
We only have 3 Egyptian cities on our continent, 2 of which may be autorazed. We need a steady fleet of galleys if we're serious about invading the Egyptian homeland. The war with Egypt may be, at the least, a limited war.

With the 2 cities that will be auto razed, the Army will blockade the city until it reaches to an appropriate population point above 1. Also, I would convince Governors with coastal cities to build gallies to blockade the Egyptian colonies.

Originally posted by CivGeneral

With the 2 cities that will be auto razed, the Army will blockade the city until it reaches to an appropriate population point above 1. Also, I would convince Governors with coastal cities to build gallies to blockade the Egyptian colonies.

erhm..... 3 problems.

1 - They're on desert. They won't grow.
2 - The AI pop-rushes (or builds) spears at will. No chance of culture being built.
3 - Waiting too long will make Egypt sign alliances against us.

Originally posted by Peri
If a candidate withdraws from the election then decides he changes his mind, why should the people have confidence in his ability to make decisions and carry them out?

I believe that the people should have confidence in the ability to make decisions and carry them out to a leader who withdraws and then changes his/her mind should be able to be elected because I feel that he/she will and can make decisions and carry them out if he/she is serious enough to hold the office and keeps his/her promises.

A canidate who withdrawls, then changes his mind, especially constantly, can't always be trusted to hold their posistion. How do the people know that canidate won't quit mid-way through the term?

Erhm..... 3 problems.

1 - They're on desert. They won't grow.
2 - The AI pop-rushes (or builds) spears at will. No chance of culture being built.
3 - Waiting too long will make Egypt sign alliances against us.

Hmm, Then I would have to just focus more on the Babylonian Campaign since in the past threads and posts had the Egyptians as the secondary treat to us. I believe we should take down the Babylonians first. At the moment, I believe we should keep an eye on the Egyptian colonies to make sure they are not expanding (IE sending settlers around from there colonies).

A candidate who withdrawals, then changes his mind, especially constantly, can't always be trusted to hold their position. How do the people know that candidate won't quit mid-way through the term?

I don’t believe that a canadate who withdrawals should not be trusted. I am a firm believer of second chances. I for one I don’t quit-mid way through the term (Unless something happens in RL that would prevent me from accessing the internet for a considerable amount of time.

I doubt we'll see many settlers from those colonies (atleast from 2 of them). Almost every inch of space is pretty much taken.

I'd much perfer to go to war against Russia, and a limited war against Babylon to take those 2 cities by the lake (near our FP). Russia would be good for multiple reasons.

1 - It's around our Forbidden Palace.
2 - Moscow has the Collosus. This would make a good city for Coperincus. Babylon could be taken out once we have Cavs.
3 - We can block Germany from getting any more land via a war.

I doubt we'll see many settlers from those colonies (atleast from 2 of them). Almost every inch of space is pretty much taken.

I'd much perfer to go to war against Russia, and a limited war against Babylon to take those 2 cities by the lake (near our FP). Russia would be good for multiple reasons.

1 - It's around our Forbidden Palace.
2 - Moscow has the Collosus. This would make a good city for Coperincus. Babylon could be taken out once we have Cavs.
3 - We can block Germany from getting any more land via a war.

I don’t personally think we should go to war against Russia. We should have a limited war against Russia and a full war against the Babylonians.

Okay... I am going to do a big no-no in my head and delurk for a moment. Perhaps if I whine enoguh, I might stay. Perhaps.

Oh yeah, almost forgot

The SaaMtom of the Opera!

Anyway... CG, You were (emphasis on past tense) a good candidate; a few months ago. Now, you're a joke. You quit and withdraw every time something doesnt go your way. And to be honest, it's actually funny to watch. I would say give up while you still can, but you've past that point. You are the comedy candidate. You're the candidate a party puts up when they have no chance whatsoever to win. You're...
Thinks...
Hmm... Can't say Dukakis because he was a serious candidate, to himself...
Thinks some more...
Walter Mondale! (Won only Minesotal; his home state)

SaaM
Who also voted CT.

Originally posted by Stuck_As_a_Mac
Okay... I am going to do a big no-no in my head and delurk for a moment. Perhaps if I whine enough, I might stay. Perhaps.

Oh yeah, almost forgot

The SaaMtom of the Opera!

Anyway... CG, you were (emphasis on past tense) a good candidate; a few months ago. Now, you're a joke. You quit and withdraw every time something doesn’t go your way. And to be honest, it's actually funny to watch. I would say give up while you still can, but you've past that point. You are the comedy candidate. You're the candidate a party puts up when they have no chance whatsoever to win. You're...
Thinks...
Hmm... Can't say Dukakis because he was a serious candidate, to himself...
Thinks some more...
Walter Mondale! (Won only Minesotal; his home state)

SaaM
Who also voted CT.

Stuck,
I have made several promises today that I will and change over to a new leaf. I have promise myself to become a good candidate once again. I will not quit and withdraw every time something does not go my way. I am going to work hard and get back to the good candidate that I was was. I do not want this to turn into a flame war so I wish to ask that this subject should be droped and burried once and for all.

Top Bottom