1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 4- Foreign Affairs: Vengeance

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Zarn, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

I'm here, but have been busy as usual (the weekends are always busy plus the whole holiday thing).

2. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

I got this message from LouisWu, the new GWT FA Minister.

I replied, telling him he'd recieve an official message from CT.

3. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

Oooh. Things are starting to get very interesting. :D

We'll just have to be causious with what kind of embargoes we have with CGN and Apolyton.

Wonder when CT will show up...

4. Octavian X

I've sent her a message over IRC. Hope she'll act soon...

Cheetah, I'd like to see you open up a thread where you record for us all your contact with CGN. Chats, messages, etc., would all be posted in that thread.

I knew about the monotheism deal, I just hadn't heard about your contact with them after that.

5. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

And who is going to construct what that message is? Since our Ambassador to GWT hasn't been too active here, we should probably draft a statement to help her out.

This statement should cover:

1. The atrocities and general untrustworthiness of GCA and a request that they halt any possible alliance with them. I would support providing GWT with screenshots of the fall of Yun Feng(sp?) as proof.

2. Any possibilities of a tech trade, if only to see how advanced they are. We may want to reach an amicable trade before putting our foot down about GCA.

3. Tactfully note that lack of communication from their previous ambassador has led to a general mistrust that is only compounded by their warm welcome of GCA into their territory. They may be able to rectify this by delivering GCA to us aka destroying them. ;)

All in all, I would try to be as cordial as possible at first, but would not be surprised if talks went south. We also may want to let Poly(and possibly CGN) in on anything that transpires.

6. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

About GWTs Development:

They are approximately on the same level as the rest of us. They have just completed Monotheism, or will in a very short time. I also seem to remember someone saying that they are in a golden age, which would mean that they have both Monotheism and Chivalry, since their special unit is a Knight-replacement.

They have mostly been in a tech-race with CGN, but since contact was made between the continents, they are falling behind. Both Apolyton and we are trading with CGN, and (at least so far) leaving GWT out in the cold. This gives CGN the upper hand, which in time will make CGN stronger than GWT.

I am wondering if GWT are now realising this and want a way to regain strength compared to CGN.

7. Zarn

I currently don't trust GWT as much as I can throw their leader. Engaging is diplomacy is important and should be done, on the other hand. We should send in the complaints about them as part of the official response.

8. croxis

croxis Chat room op

At the very least we should be civil.

9. Octavian X

Cheetah, GWT and CGN were at war for a period of time, iirc. Competition between them should be expected, I think.

10. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

They are still at war. When we met CGN, their greatest fear was that GWT would get Chivalry before them.

11. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

I think we should think about this thoroughly, GWT hasn't been very nice to us and now suddenly they wanna trade. Makes me suspicious...

12. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

13. Octavian X

So, are we going to actually send them an official reply? It's painfully obvious Chieftess is no longer active.

14. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

We should act on this. I will see if I can draw up something over the weekend. Please give me an idea of what needs to be included. I do not want to be too hostile as I wouldn't want them to treat us as a possible aggressor. If our three way alliance eventually pans out, I want it to be a surprise. ;)

15. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

Please, act on this.

I give the Foreign department permission to do whatever they need to do. Please, act on it instead of talking about acting on it!

Thanks ;).

16. Zarn

I hereby remove the duties of Chieftess as the ambassador to the German Webring team.

I hereby remove the duties of Goonie as the ambassador to the Apolyton.

17. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

Zarn,

I would be interested in becoming the Ambassador to GWT, if that does not interfere with my current role as Minister of Defense.

In the meantime, I will begin work on a response letter to GWT and will have it on your desk by Monday evening.

18. Zarn

Sorry friend. Octavian X has the job (or will likely have it).

I can only interest you in the job of ambassador Apolyton (which people use to kill over).

I can also use a chat manager. Someone that could HELP orgainze chats so ambassadors and defactos can meet with the other civs would be much appreciated.

19. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

I will have to think about an ambassadorship to Poly. I only wanted to engage GWT in talks becaue I would like them to reconsider their relationship with GCA. If Octavian feels he can do this, he has my full support.

I will still do my best to at least give the new GWT liaison something to work with in the form of correspondence, since time is certainly of the essence.

20. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

On second thought, I would like to consider the Poly ambassadorship. Thank you.