Term 4- Foreign Affairs: Vengeance

I'm the justice, remember? :D

Anyway, I didn't find anything in the constitution saying I can't be ambassador.
Only thing is that ambassadors has to be elected.

Constitutional Article M.3:

If the position of Ambassador to any nation becomes vacant, the Minister of Foreign Affairs shall appoint a new citizen to fill the vacant position.

Cheetah can be appointed by Zarn, subject to a Council confirmation vote.

Technically, the position didn't become vacant. I still think we should have an election.

Although I have no qualms whatsoever about Cheetah being Ambassador to CGN. Great work, Cheetah! :goodjob:

I would think that it became vacant at the point of contact with CGN, simultaneously with the creation of the office. This type of thing was dealt with in this way when we made contact with GWT in mid-term of Term 3, and DoF was appointed to fill the office. I think the intent of the law (and probably the letter) is to include the newly created office as a vacancy that would be filled by appointment just as any other vacancy.

But then again, I guess we can just have the Justice of the Court rule on this one. ;)

Originally posted by Donovan Zoi
Technically, the position didn't become vacant. I still think we should have an election.

Although I have no qualms whatsoever about Cheetah being Ambassador to CGN. Great work, Cheetah! :goodjob:

It has been treated as such in previous situations. A vacant ambassador's office is simply an office without an ambassador.

Hm. Just to start things up, it is far to quiet here!

We want a peace treaty with Netatolia. Does anyone wanna discuss something special about this, or shall I just write a simple treaty and ask you for comment afterwards?

Proposal for treaty between us and Netatolia

The Ocean Treaty

Netatolia and Fanatika hereby agree:

That we are friends, bound together in our common desire to live and prosper. As the world prospers most in times of peace, we wish for there to be peace between us. In order to ensure that peace we hereby agree to the following:
1. There shall be no war or conflict between us. Our units shall not attack each other, nor shall they enter the cultural borders of the other party without permission. This shall be considered a Non-Aggression Pact. There shall also be a 1-tile "buffer zone" around cultural borders. If this buffer must be breached for any reason, warning should be given in advance.
2. We agree to cooperate and communicate regarding any diputes over settlements or scouting. We agree to work out our differences in a chat or other useful media, should any differences arise.
3. This agreement shall last 30 turns after it is ratified by both parties.

-----------------

What do you think?

And one more thing. I have talked a bit with miccofl about buying Monotheism from them.

They will send an unaccepted offer with Monotheism to us again, which we will recieve as soon as we get the save.

And then about the price.
Netatolia knows we have around 10 turns left to get Monotheism. Their first suggested asking price is a 100 Gold, or 5 Gpt, or a combination of those.

If my numbers are correct, when we recieve the save we will have 6 turns left until Monotheism. We are currently (150 AD) producing 19 Gpt at 10% Science rate. If I drop it to 0%, we earn 22 Gpt, 3 Gpt more per turn. In 6 turns this will be 18 Gold. Which leaves a difference at 82 Gold.

A bit to much? By the time we recieve the save we should have completed our agreement with Netatolia. So how far are we going to stretch us?

I have written a treaty of full alliance between Poly and us (as no other progress seems to be being made in this direction). Here is the preliminary proposal, how does it look to the FA department?

Code:
APOLYTON AND FANATIKOU HEREBY AGREE:
That we are brothers and full allies in our ventures in this game.  We recognize that 
in order for this alliance to be fulfilled there must be complete peace between our two
nations.  We also agree to take steps to defend each other in times of war and to take 
all other measures necessary to ensure mutual prosperity for our two nations.  In order 
to ensure our continued prosperity we hereby agree to the following:

1) There shall be no war or conflict between us, and our units shall not attack each 
other.  Our units may not enter the cultural borders of the other party without that 
party's express permission.  There shall also be a 1-tile buffer zone around cultural 
borders, and advance warning shall be given to the other party in the event that this
buffer zone needs to be breached for any reason.

2) We agree to consider an attack on one of us to be an attack on us both, and shall go
to all means necessary to defend our partner in this alliance.  All offensive wars and 
actions shall be jointly planned and executed by both nations.

3) We agree to cooperate and communicate regarding any disputes between our two nations
that arise at any point.  We shall resolve our differences in chat, if any differences
arise.

4) We agree to support each other in technology research, and a full tech parity shall 
be maintained between our nations.  Also, we agree to provide loans and other support 
to the other party if needed by that party and if possible.

5) We agree not to settle cities on the other party's side of the border.  This border
shall extend from the Apolytonian city of Equilibrium in the north through the central
lake to the isthmus in the south, with Fanatikou controlling the current site of the city
of Balance of Power.

6) This treaty shall last for 50 turns from its ratification by both parties.  It may be
amended, extended, or renewed before its expiration date with the consent of both parties.

Originally posted by Cheetah
And then about the price.
Netatolia knows we have around 10 turns left to get Monotheism. Their first suggested asking price is a 100 Gold, or 5 Gpt, or a combination of those.

If my numbers are correct, when we recieve the save we will have 6 turns left until Monotheism. We are currently (150 AD) producing 19 Gpt at 10% Science rate. If I drop it to 0%, we earn 22 Gpt, 3 Gpt more per turn. In 6 turns this will be 18 Gold. Which leaves a difference at 82 Gold.

A bit to much? By the time we recieve the save we should have completed our agreement with Netatolia. So how far are we going to stretch us?
I think we should go for it, and give them 100 gold for Monotheism up front. Though we will lose a small amount of gold over simply discovering it ourselves, I think we should do this as a sign of goodwill toward CGN.

We have to take it to Apolyton, first. We cannot make the deal without Poly, knowing. They were loyal to us, so we should let them in on it. Where's ambassador Goonie?

Cheetah, I approve your offer of peace, but you should poll it.;)

BTW, around the weekend and Mondays, I am usually doing alot of work, but during the weekdays, I will more than likely be around.

Before I forget...

Zarn, Apolyton wants a general chat over current issues some time in the near future. Contact someone over there for set up, etc.

I'm still against a Netalonian trade. We'll get monotheism soon enough, anyway.

I contacted Trip at Apolyton. I plan on having a chat with him relatively soon. I gave him some possible times, and will await his answer. I told Apolyton that I will be their de-facto ambassador since Goonie has been gone since mid November (the 12th to be exact).

Now, I really want to get this off my chest. I really need active ambassadors. I never had one administration that had all the ambassadors particpating in the game. It's sad, really. I think there should be a time, when we can elect or appoint (either is fine by me) another ambassador, if one hasn't particpated in Fanatikou's diplomacy.

Did anyone else notice this happening in our FA Ministry? It really hinders my performance to say the least.

Cheetah: (I'm not saying you don't know this, I'm just making sure) Remember tell CGN that certain things have to get polled. I'm sure they would understand. I am very appreciative of your effort to make CGN a good friend.:thumbsup:

Why would we have to discuss the tech trade with Poly first? As long as we get Monotheism, and trade it to them, there shouldn't be much of a problem. Or?

And about active ambassadors... We need active officials. It's been days or even more since some of our officials last post here.

My apologies. My excuse is preparing for the SPDG, which has taken up much of my time. I have a feeling that many others are following the process as well.

As far as I'm concerned, the sooner we get Monotheism, the sooner we get Riders. That, plus goodwill from CGN is enough for me. We do need to clear it with Poly first.

Trip said he or another Apolytonian was going to get back to me with a time and date for chat.

Boots, I will poll your alliance for you.

Well, Trip and Arnelos of Apolyton came to #demogame_cfc_embassy today. They have no objections against us buying Monotheism from Netatolia.

That's cool. I still didn't get any times, yet, but I'm sure I'll get something soon. All of Apolyton now knows the times I'm available this week. :p

Top Bottom