Term 4- Foreign Affairs: Vengeance

I have chatted with Apolyton. Both teams are going to try to iron out an alliance, then after neogtiation, both sides will poll it. Please discuss here or in the poll thread on the subject.

I am also updating my first post.

I will not be here for the rest of the day, Sunday, and Monday due to a funeral.

I hereby appoint Octavian X pro-tempore of the Foreign Ministry. If he does not accept, I grant the president permission to appoint the pro-tempore.

The pro-tempore will represent the Foreign Ministry for the duration of my absence. God bless.

Zarn, Foreign Minister of Fanatikou

I'm back :p

Zarn, Foreign Minister of Fanatikou

Don't worry - I came down with a cold, and couldn't do much anyway. :p

We need to discuss Apolyton's settlement of BoP soon. In Goonie's absence, I do feel obligated to contact Apolyton about the matter, as I don't want to see the relationship I've worked so hard to build up over the last term to fall apart over this issue. If you will allow me to, I'd like to contact their foreign affairs ministry as a special envoy.

No (and no offense by it), you aren't elected or have been through a proper Council vote. There are three de-facto ambassadors (Prez, VP, FA Minister).

As I mentioned in the latest turn thread, Netatolia want to travel through our borders in turn 142, 270 AD.

Anyone objecting?

I think we should let them through.

A pm was send to Trip, yesterday (by me), regarding ALL issues that involve them and cannot be resolved without them like the chokepoint, cooperative science, GCA, and a mutual pact. They will respond, officially to me.

Some found facts on Poly:
Togas- FA Minister
Master Zen- FA Deputy
ZargonX- ambassador to CFC

As noone has objected, I didn't see any reason to poll the request from Netatolia.

I have therefore informed Netatolia that they are free to sail through our waters next turn.

The response to the pm sent to Trip...

Hello Zarn,

I think we should schedule a chat between your guys and us, the war with GCA is practically over and we must make a definitive arrangement on our borders and especially the chokepoint situation. Our team will have a poll very shortly on the chokepoint and that is why this chat is urgent for the both of us.

Hope to hear from you soon

-Master Zen
Deputy FAM Apolyton

I looks like another chat.

Poll: Shall we keep the chokepoint or let CFC have it?

Considering that they are planing to move their capital, I doubt they will let us have it. :(

Well, should we poll it too?

Poll: Should we get the chokepoint or let Poly have it? ;)

And, we could have chances to get it, but we need to use our Diplomatic skills. :spy:

Where's the diplomatic corp?

I know Cheetah's around, but it doesn't look like he's done much since we first made contact.

And what about Chieftess, Goonie, and CivGeneral? We really need our ambassadors sending regular messages back and forth, and logging them here. We'll give a bad impression if it appears we've just clammed ourselves up.

We also need a plan of action in regard to GCA. First, we need to discuss finishing them off with Apolyton, then we need talk to GWT.

Come on! You guys already told me you don't want me in your Foreign Ministry, so get to work!

Octavian: I'm regularly in contact with CGN, though I'm on vacation now and isn't active on IRC ATM.

I bought Monotheism from CGN, I told them they could send their galley through our waters, I'm trying to get a trade for Chivalry, and I believe we have a peace treaty with them as well.

I don't know if I have been able to inform all of our citisens, but I'm tying, and I think the all the info has been posted. If there is something more I should do, please let me know.

And here I am to show how active an ambassador I am! :D

Our intel has confirmed the rumor that 7-8 pikes, a few MI and 5-6 horsemen were teleported when they did their nefarious city swap. We are protesting this action. (Basically, someone from GCA ran his or her mouth to someone from Apolyton who then informed us.)

You may rest assured that any GCA galley we encounter will be sank on sight (if possible - meaning if we don't lose.)

That reminds me, I probably should get authorization for that but with martial law in effect I have great latitude for action.

Miccofl

I doubt we need to worry about any GCA galley sneaking up on us. :)

Netatolia has also come up with a negotiable proposal for a trade for Chivalry.
We ask for 350 gold in either a lump sum, gold per turn or a combination of both plus an extention of our embargo against GWT of 30 more turns for a total of 60 turns beginning when we traded Monotheism.

miccofl wrote Monarchy instead of Monotheism, but since we have never traded Monarchy I'm pretty sure he means Monotheism. Haven't had it confirmed yet though.

So what do you think?

Btw: Should I make a new thread for the embassy to Netatolia?

Top Bottom