Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon02

General
Military Leader - General Falcon02
Military Deputy - Colonel Donovan Zoi
Military Chat Rep. - Colonel CivGeneral

Previous Military Dept. Threads
DG 2 - Term 3 - Military Thread (Falcon02)
DG 2 - Term 2 - Military Thread (CivGeneral)
DG 2 - Term 1 - Military Thread (Eklektikos)
DG 1 - Term 5 - Military Dept. (Falcon02)
DG 1 - Term 4 - Military Dept. (Falcon02)
DG 1 - Term 3 - Military Dept. (Falcon02)
DG 1 - Term 2 - Military Dept. (Falcon02)
DG 1 - Term 1 - Military Dept. (Charis)

We must deal with the Japanese and figure out our goals for the future, whether it's peace, continued expansion in the west or expansion to the east.

Congrats Falon02 on becoming military leader. Possibly one Day I can be Military Leader again :).

BTW. I am interested in becoming a Military Chat Rep :).

CivGeneral, you may be the military Chat Rep. and I welcome you back to the Military Dept.

EDIT: I miss spelled Militayr ;) oops

Originally posted by Falcon02
CivGeneral, you may be the military Chat Rep. and I welcome you back to the Militayr Dept.

Thanks Falcon02 :).

Strangly I am the Grand Moff and a Colonel at the same time ;).

:sleep: zzz :sleep: zzz :sleep: zzz

Well, looks in the light of Falcon02's absance. I would be the Acting Military Deputy :). You have an experianced former-Military Leader by your side Donovan Zoi.

I hate to be stickler to the rules, but was CivGeneral's appointment ever confirmed by a general vote? If not, please post a confirmation poll quickly, so that we can make it offiicial.

Originally posted by FortyJ
I hate to be stickler to the rules, but was CivGeneral's appointment ever confirmed by a general vote? If not, please post a confirmation poll quickly, so that we can make it offiicial.

:rolleyes: *Sigh* What Appointment, Falcon02 just gave me the possition of Military Chat Rep.

Donovan Zoi, If it will make the rules happy. Can you please post a poll to "confirm" that I am the Military Chat Rep.

Originally posted by FortyJ

Sorry... still kinda used to "olde school" rules in some areas.

The northern part of Japan that we conquered around 600 AD is still unorganized as a province. When it will be, I'd like to be its governor, or if thats not possible, the mayor of Tokyo. Whom would I need to contact for this appointment?

Originally posted by zmei-gorynych
The northern part of Japan that we conquered around 600 AD is still unorganized as a province. When it will be, I'd like to be its governor, or if thats not possible, the mayor of Tokyo. Whom would I need to contact for this appointment?
Contact President Eklektikos. He will be appointing the governor of the new province.

I'M BACK!!!!

Donovan, I expect a full report on current military affairs since my finals absence on my desk 24 hours before the next turn chat.

And thanks for taking over for me.

DZ has posted his instructions, I made sure that they were followed correctly :).

*Grand Admiral CivGeneral gets a funny feeling that Falcon02 is going to run again for Military Leader

We have captured Kago and "Toyland" Thus ending the Japanese Sphere of influence onto Fanatikan Soin
I also have Excellent News to report from this TC. We had discovered that the Zulus has the Gunpowder advance we are looking for. No deal has been made, but I have informed the Trade department about this discovery

It would be enlightening to hear the military department's views on who should be the victim of our next war and how many turns of preperation it will take for said war. The department's views on defending our flanks would also be appreciated. :)

Originally posted by donsig
It would be enlightening to hear the military department's views on who should be the victim of our next war and how many turns of preperation it will take for said war. The department's views on defending our flanks would also be appreciated. :)

Arg, I hate trying to estimate numbers like this (maybe I should rethink my engineering career). Anyway....

I don't like the prospects of a war in the west too much, I feel we'd be stretching our borders out too much by attacking the Bab's or the Russians right now and the Iro's are too far separated from our lands to be a practical target w/o taking someone else out with 'em. So in the west I think the most practical target would be India, however I have no desire to take them out and don't feel an elephant war right now would be advisable.

In the East there's basically 1 option America. I think they should be our next target, seeing as it seems a natural extention of our borders and we need another Ameri ;) Those Dyes wouldn't hurt either. there are also cities in that area in close enough proximity to Bohemia to be productive.

Some people say that America is a buffer to the other civs (particularly Persia) and our border would be harder to defend. This isn't totally accurate though. English units could enter our territory w/o entering American territory once, through the small gap north of Baltimore. America is not providing as much of a buffer as I've heard, a conquest through Leningrad would bypass America. And viewing every "ally" as a potential adversary, America provides no buffer for America (obviously).

Also, the Border thing, if you take into account Leningrade and the border we share with the Americans near Morgana, the border we'd get from conquering the Americans is only slightly longer than the border we share with the Americans, and wouldn't be that much harder to defend, just more cities to defend in general, which will hopefully occur with any war we pursue.

I think I'd want at least about 30 (preferably more) knights though before any invasion and more than enough pikes to defend all our current cities and then some (with at least 2 pikes in border cities, no time to do the math now). we currently have 17 knights with about 3 horsemen, so that's 3 horsemen to upgrade and 10+ knights to build. production though.... I don't know that's Domestic's dept. maybe they could give a prediction on the time it would take to build 10 more or 15 more knights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom