CAYM's Tweaks (NAVAL warfare, AIRCRAFT warfare, Enlightment Era, Futre Age, CAYM's Change)

Re: the text issue above, the SQL must've failed on some command, aborting the text inserts that come at the end of the file (and maybe some other database things) -- rather than a mod file being deleted entirely. Recent versions of VP have seen some name changes to default table, field, variable names etc. in database, resulting in many mods not working for trivial reasons.

To be helpful to CAYM and other users of this mod, what just about anyone here can do is open the SQL in text editor (attached as buildings.txt a few posts above), load the mod in-game (optionally firetuner too, for creating test scenarios), and start checking block by block, in the order they appear in the file, for the specific SQL command that fails -- can be as simple as checking that each block is reflected in civilopedia: pick a block of code in the middle of the file, and try to find it reflected in game. Some don't show in civilopedia but most do. If its there, move down to the next block; if it's not, move up to the previous block, til you find the first sql change that isn't showing in-game. Clearly the top of the file is working, but its aborting somewhere in the middle. Its a relatively long sql file, and unless CAYM has some intuition on this already, this is probably what he'll have to do anyway to fix this.

I haven't played this mod yet, otherwise I might do this myself, but its really not that difficult to narrow down SQL errors, even with minimal SQL literacy

having literally the exact same problems as epicnessman. No matter what version I use the buildings in the Cilivilopedia related to the FUTURE ERA appear broken as 'TXT_KEY'. Don't know why are you pretending that there isn't a problem and he just deleted an SQL lmao. Very obviously with the changes to building requirements and or the civiliopedia. They have made it so that the current buildings.sql file is simply no longer compatible. And why is there still Korean in it? Incredibly overcomplex for no reason. It's a shame because this mod feels like a core part of the game now and it's unlplayable. He knows it isn't working, he has seen the Civiliopedia. Just super weird he is dedicated to the idea it is working buildings is obosolete and it looks like Caym has not intention of replying, giving even a simple reply RQ that he is working on it explaining to us many fans what the problem is.
Criminally terrible social interactions with the community that respects and love what you do.
Tell us it is fudged up for you too like you, and I know already know, and stop telling people asking wrong they probably just did something stupid on their end.
YOU KNOW IT IS NOT WORKING. All we ask for is transparency.
wtf?? hah??

I committed a sin????

This is absurd. If you don't apologize to me right away, I won't post any more related material to this community.

I'm a Korean. I just made my MODE available to people outside of Korea.

I can't find a reason to post here anymore. Even before that, there were stories from the Age of Enlightenment that slandered me.

Is it my fault that the spy system changed in 4.4? The system just changed. It ran fine in 4.2.7. This file had no problems.

It's a matter of choice that you just have to choose not to do.

Last edited:
Re: the text issue above, the SQL must've failed on some command, aborting the text inserts that come at the end of the file (and maybe some other database things) -- rather than a mod file being deleted entirely. Recent versions of VP have seen some name changes to default table, field, variable names etc. in database, resulting in many mods not working for trivial reasons.

To be helpful to CAYM and other users of this mod, what just about anyone here can do is open the SQL in text editor (attached as buildings.txt a few posts above), load the mod in-game (optionally firetuner too, for creating test scenarios), and start checking block by block, in the order they appear in the file, for the specific SQL command that fails -- can be as simple as checking that each block is reflected in civilopedia: pick a block of code in the middle of the file, and try to find it reflected in game. Some don't show in civilopedia but most do. If its there, move down to the next block; if it's not, move up to the previous block, til you find the first sql change that isn't showing in-game. Clearly the top of the file is working, but its aborting somewhere in the middle. Its a relatively long sql file, and unless CAYM has some intuition on this already, this is probably what he'll have to do anyway to fix this.

I haven't played this mod yet, otherwise I might do this myself, but its really not that difficult to narrow down SQL errors, even with minimal SQL literacy
As the spy system changed, I checked for code conflicts that occurred in that area, so I just uploaded an improved file to Download.

I've been busy with personal business lately, so I haven't had time to look at the code. And in the early version upgrades of VP, I took a wait-and-see approach due to concerns about whether CTDs, etc., would occur.

Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited:
If you mean buildings.sql in (6) future age edited, I took it straight from the 23/12/14 version of the mod and unzipped it using 7zip. I did a clean reinstall of the mod and VP and still have this issue with VP 4.4.1. The file itself seems to be intact, though I have little civ v modding experience and cannot say. I've included a .txt file of the .sql contents, as it does not permit me to upload .sql files. Most of the wonders appear to be fine, only the buildings are not for whatever reason.
I tried reverting to an older version of VP (4.2.7) and it worked just fine, but I cant seem to get it to work on the recently released 4.4.1. If you have a discord or alternative form of contact you're willing to share, i'd love to communicate through that as well, as it may have quicker turnaround times. Thanks for the help!
View attachment 680893
As the spy system changed, I checked for code conflicts that occurred in that area, so I just uploaded an improved file to Download.

I've been busy with personal business lately, so I haven't had time to look at the code. And in the early version upgrades of VP, I took a wait-and-see approach due to concerns about whether CTDs, etc., would occur.

Last edited:
Well I hope you stick around, it's regrettable that some express their feedback the way they do, but I think I speak for most here when I say it's great to see active modders joining the community -- your mods appear to be well loved.

I haven't gotten into them yet cuz I typically do not play eui, and generally have limited play time to begin with -- but they are interesting and I hope might eventually be adapted for vanilla ui. Re the issue above, I'm guessing that a table name changed in connection to one of your "update" commands in the SQL, or possibly a field name -- I'm not sure really, I'm not on the latest version yet, but it's probably just one or two outdated references

My prompt above was to the community at large: there are some adventurous mod enjoyers here that may not be modders themselves, but nonetheless are very capable at finding SQL problems -- and probably many too that just have to try once to realize how approachable this is for those with time to spare and some moderate tech literacy. Much better way to make a contribution than what was posted above.

From my point of view, having returned to old mods only years later sometimes, there is no problem with waiting out multiple versions for an update, I agree that post was inappropriate.

Please all remember this is just a hobby, something we all do to relax in our down time, modders, players, and forum-goers alike.

wtf?? hah??

I committed a sin????

This is absurd. If you don't apologize to me right away, I won't post any more related material to this community.

I'm a Korean. I just made my MODE available to people outside of Korea.

I can't find a reason to post here anymore. Even before that, there were stories from the Age of Enlightenment that slandered me.

Is it my fault that the spy system changed in 4.4? The system just changed. It ran fine in 4.2.7. This file had no problems.

It's a matter of choice that you just have to choose not to do.
I hope you will continue to share your work. That person's comment was rude and inappropriate. The rest of us understand that game updates can break mods by no fault of the mod owner and greatly appreciate your mods.

Hey, these look awesome, but i cant get them to work. Been trying to use Future Era, Enlighment Era and the airforce and navy mods but they make it so i cant load saved games. The game will play fine, but it wont let me load any saved game, as it will say "Some required mods are missing"

Heres the mod set im trying to use:

1704630265958.png

Once i disable CAYMs mods, i can play and load saves fine with just the core VP mods + unique components

Hey, these look awesome, but i cant get them to work. Been trying to use Future Era, Enlighment Era and the airforce and navy mods but they make it so i cant load saved games. The game will play fine, but it wont let me load any saved game, as it will say "Some required mods are missing"

Heres the mod set im trying to use:

View attachment 681837
During the Enlightenment Era version upgrade, a code recognition problem occurred. And from 4.0 and above, naval mode has been incorporated. You shouldn't use it. If you are using version 3.9 or lower, you can use it.

The Enlightenment ERA was re-uploaded as the version on January 6th. Download it.

Hi CAYM. Thank you very much for your tweaks and edits. I've played a fun game yesterday and really appreciate your work here. Quick question. Do you have any idea why your mods would block the use of the (7) Community Events unique component for Vox Populi? Is there a way to get them to work.

PS: I'm a returning Civ 5 player, not having played it since 2017, so I'm not up to date with everything related to VP and the civ 5 modding scene, so excuse any wrong assumptions on my part.

Hi CAYM. Thank you very much for your tweaks and edits. I've played a fun game yesterday and really appreciate your work here. Quick question. Do you have any idea why your mods would block the use of the (7) Community Events unique component for Vox Populi? Is there a way to get them to work.

PS: I'm a returning Civ 5 player, not having played it since 2017, so I'm not up to date with everything related to VP and the civ 5 modding scene, so excuse any wrong assumptions on my part.
Some of them overlap with shopping malls, so I blocked them. I did a few tests, but the event code was so extensive that I blocked it because of additional errors that could occur. If you can modify the detailed code, you can do so by deleting some codes.

Thanks for the responses guys! Im a little confused how naval mod being incoporated into base VP affects the future era mod and the naval mod future era option. I still need to run the b version of the naval mod together with the future era mod, correct?

That said, with that group of mods, the Enlightment era (version from yesterday) simply doesn't seem to be loading in my game. The future era is there, but no Enlightment Era

Curious to know what could be happening here. Let me know if logs would help

Attachments

• 1704727675141.png
    1704727675141.png
    164.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 1704727702706.png
    1704727702706.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 1704727776483.png
    1704727776483.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 35
That said, with that group of mods, the Enlightment era (version from yesterday) simply doesn't seem to be loading in my game. The future era is there, but no Enlightment Era

Curious to know what could be happening here. Let me know if logs would help
1. When the VP version is upgraded (e.g. v3.9 to 4.4), the cache folder must be deleted.
2. You must do the same when adding a mode or upgrading the version.
3. Even in future mode, naval increase mode is not used in VP 4.0 or higher to prevent collisions. (Some code and technical features are different.)
4. Save files may be disappointing when upgrading, but giving up and playing a new game reduces the chance of bugs.
5. This is a version that applies the enlightenment, future, aircraft increase, and caym tweaks just posted in 4.4, and it works well without any problems.

Attachments

• 24422.png
    24422.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 36
So i shouldnt use naval mod, even with future era tuirned on? OK, ill try again here, thank you! :)

Top Bottom