Term 4 - Military Office: Sir Camel-lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Noldodan

Donsig, is it too much to ask that people take 10 minutes every three or four days to look at the save if they want to participate?

Frankly, YES! If a person only has ten minutes here or there to post, why waste that precious time looking at the save?

Let me ask you this: is it too much to ask that an elected official take ten minutes every three or four days to post a brief summary of what's happened recently? Imagine a thread where a citizen can go to read the history of our country as it unfolds...

Such a thread may well increase game participation and enjoyment.

~Crawls out from under his dorm building in his College imposes exile~

I have to agree with Donsig on that last point.... Summaries of what has happened is very important, and should be done. This was one thing I kinda wished to revive in my more recent administrations. When I was just the Military Chat Rep. I would often post detailed summaries of what had happened, however, I got out of that habit, and kept on trying to revive it to no avail :-/

~Crawls back under his Dorm to continue Grinding away on the Calculator~

Originally posted by donsig
Let me ask you this: is it too much to ask that an elected official take ten minutes every three or four days to post a brief summary of what's happened recently?

True, true... I concede the point.

During the last Turnchat, we were attacked by Russia, as we were sending troops down to the Babylonian border. Fortunately, we were upgrading spears and pikes along our borders. More muskets will be needed in our interior cities, though.

The result of the archer attack on our spear to musket upgrade was a victory for the Musketeer, netting us our Golden Age! We are also 2 turns away from Cavlary, which makes it a PERFECT time to be building cavs! Mure's iron has been disconnected, but we can still build the knight it's currently building. In 2 turns, we can start to switch to Cavs after current knight builds are complete. I also have an upgrade planned for about 30 knights (provided we get that many before cavs come online).

We also have our first elite Knight unit! It will need a 2-turn rest, and lead our Cavalry into battle!

May I call your attention to the incense city of Audiac. It is defended by a lone pike. I suggested to huury walls asap. it was agreed in the senate. But it build a library. IMHO it needs walls and barracks and a much stronger garrison. Add at least 1 musket (e.g. from Huntington), 1 knight (upgrade the Raven's Flight horseman), 1 canon (upgrade e.g. catapult in Cabaret Voltaire). We protect Mure, but we don't adequately protect Audiac with the valuable incense.

I will ask the governor to build walls in the city (4 turns to build). It will also need barracks before muskets can be rushed, and then more culture. Due to our Golden Age, we can start to build more Musketeers, and those will phase out our outdated units. There's one musket that's built, in which I'm going to send to a city with a spear. In turn, upgrade the spear, and send it to another city. This will require lots of unit movement in our interior (I hope Bootstoots can keep up with it! ;)).

I will also look into the cannon and horse upgrades too.

The first phase of our war will be in full swing by turn 2, when we upgrade our cavs! The full warplan is in the TCI thread.

There has been a shocking development this turnchat. Persia, already #1 in score and size, has declared war on the Zulus. Shaka may very well go by the way of Hiawatha. Dead. This will leave the other continent with a very powerful Persia.

I just want to make this official ;-)
WELL DONE TO CHIEFTESS!!!
A very successful campaign thus far (v. the Russians)
All the very best of luck v. the Babs

CT, I am afraid im going to have to resign this position as Defense deputy. Boots has offered to let me be the Minister of the Interior after Ravensfire resigned the position.

As a member of The Senate I kindly ask the MoD to propose the cash request for unit upgrades in the Senate thread. We will have replaceable parts (infantry, artillery) in 4 turns. We have magnetism (galleon) now.

Here are the 2 plans I'm proposing. They're not in the instruction thread since I didn't know when we wanted to go to war, and didn't expect it this quickly... The plan is to rail first, defend, bombard (if possible), and attack with 1 cav at a time. When the next city finishes, rail first, then attack. Do not use up all of our workers before going to war! Keep atleast 10-12 native (or it equivalent - 2 foreign = 1 native) for road building).

Remember, these are preliminary, since I didn't think we were going to war so soon.

This term has seen AMAZING strides! From 720AD, to 1430AD. In 720AD, we didn't even have our entire homeland settled! There were still cultural gaps, and we were poised to attack Egypt (who *STILL* hates us for taking "their" colonies). Even the Iroquois were still around! By mid-term, 1030AD, no one forsaw the carnage that was about to be unleashed on the world. Russia had attacked us, of which we conquered the Russian lands in 14 turns. 7 turns later, Babylon fell. 5 war-turns later, India fell. Then, in 3 turns, the German mainland fell! This was quite an impresive turn! Next term will see the fall of Greece, Egypt, and the English. Who knows, maybe even Persia, the Zulus, and Aztecs will fall!

Term 5 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom