Term 4 - Presidential Office - A Constitutional Monarchy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can faithfully promise you that I have not done a thing to the tile organisation in Kuhkaff. However this hardly absolves me entirely, since I could have spotted it during the preturn, and indeed should have done in the absence of any tile optimisation instructions from the governor. Please accept my apologies.

Apology accepted.

:mad: Why weren't my instructions followed! I asked for Morgana to be micromanaged at turn 6! Even FortyJ requested that the next DP micromanage Bavaria to remove the shielded forest, and for Morgana to work the forest. Even Penguin isn't using the coast like I requested after the settler!

Chieftess
After the settler was produced in turn 1, all laborers were working the coastline as requested.

Unfortunately I had to leave shortly thereafter and was not able to attend to the other micromanagement issues that occured later in the game (the new laborer in Penguin after it grew in Turn 4 and the return of the forrested tile near Morgana after the completion of the Marketplace in Bavaria).

However, I'm sure we will remedy these situations now that you've brought them to everyone's attention. ;)

The approval Council Vote for "Gem Mountain" province should also be posted as soon as possible. Both of these officials will be eligible to run for President and nominations begin shortly.

Is this perhaps a good time to discuss when a change to a republican form of government would be beneficial for Fanatika? Most countries are now republics with only a handful of monarchies left. Are we being left behind?

We need to determine if Republic is worthwhile at this time. I'm basically neutral as I like both government types but each has benefits over the other. If we want to build, we need Republic. If we are going to continue warmongering, Monarchy is preferable.

Is it possible to trade banking for gunpowder without a formal turn chat? Both the Zulus and Iroquois will trade us gunpowder for banking straight up. (We can also get 2g from the Iroquois.) Once we get gunpowder we'll know whether anyone has chemistry. If so, we'll have to decide on whether to try to buy astronomy or chemistry or both.
What would it take to be able to enable the President to officially make the trade for gunpowder and post a new save?

A citizen discussion perhaps. You seem rather quick to jump the gun. (pun intended).

No, there is no contingency in the rules for the President taking an offline action. This has come up before where we need basically a single action to open up a slew of options. This could be a very good contingency rule, if properly presented and approved. Until that time the actions must take place in a chat. :(

So it has to be in a chat. The President has a chat, makes the trade and ends the chat. The next question becomes, How quickly can we sqeeze in a chat? The chat scheduling is covered by the CoS. Should the president (or anyone else) get PIed for breaking the CoS, the severest punishment is a warning.

If I were president I'd make a quick poll authorizing the trade and a special interim turn chat to make it.

I think there would be unamimous support for the trade itself though some would oppose the interim turn chat on principle. We've already lost one turn chat due to these tech trades I for one do not wish to lose another while we return to the forums to decide what to do after we get gunpowder.

Well, a quick poll was posted about trading banking to the Zulus for gunpwder. It did not receive a negative vote and reached quorum rather quickly. Next turn chat is over 24 hours away. It is a shame that this trade hasn't already been done and a new save posted. Our toughest opponent should not be our Three Books. :(

I made an attempt to get something going on a change, however, it was met with disdain and contempt. I am through with trying to change anything.

I agree with Shaitan. I think term 5 (with its lower quorum) will see the first constitutional change in DG2 history!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom