Term - 6 Military Department: The Conquest of the Babs and Beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't want to send any units by sea until our galleons had the protection of an Ironclad. We should try for an RoP with England(if we don't already have one) and meet Persia halfway on land.
Yes, a country with no naval traditon preparing to send an undersized invasion force by sea against a country with railroads and an overhaul higher tech and production seems very close to suicidal folly.

With our Chinese flank secured, there are three serious dangers from a Persian War:

1) Either America or France suddenly joining the other side.

-- FA has to deal with this possibility but Military can help by visibly bolstering our border defenses.

2) A massive land invasion via the English road net.

-- We need to shore up our southeastern defenses ASAP to ward against this. Using a cav, ship, or explorer to scout will help a great deal.

3) Naval raids or invasions along the Inner Sea coast.

-- We have almost no defenses here; we need rifleman, cannon, and a cav reserve in place to deal with any threat.

Originally posted by Donovan Zoi
I wouldn't want to send any units by sea until our galleons had the protection of an Ironclad. We should try for an RoP with England(if we don't already have one) and meet Persia halfway on land.

I wouldn't be against sending a Frigate south to scout the area for possible approaching ships from Persia. They could be sending Ironclads our way and we wouldn't know until it was too late.

:hmm: Ill have to check with the Science Department about our progress with the Steam Engine and hopefully we might have some coal in our lands.

The Frigates would have to do in a Pre-Steam Engine world. Once we get Steam Engine and a source of coal, thgen we can build the Iron Clads :).

Incase Persia does have a naval force. I would like to see a start of our Naval force. I would have to track down on where the riflemen are so that I can send them to there proper places :).

Unlike DG1 (which had a much smaller inland sea - about 2-3 times as small), I haven't seen much in the way of naval activity. But, that could change, as I've seen the AI with tons of frigates and iron clads around the industrial ages.

Our order of priority for Coastal defense would be riflemen, cannon, cavalry, pertinent city improvements, and then ironclads.

Cannon can shoot ships without the ships shooting back.

Feodor
DFAM

Originally posted by Feodor Ardent
Our order of priority for Coastal defense would be riflemen, cannon, cav, pretinent city improvements, and then ironclads.

Cannon can shoot ships without the ships shooting back.

Feodor
DFAM

I agree Feodor. We can use Cannons. The city fortification would have to be approved by the Govenor of the respecting city The Ironclads would be for shore patrol. and about Chieftess's suggestion sending some of our units down to the Greek-Persian conflict zone. I would like to see an expiditionary force to be sent via land down there. But I have to check with the FA to see if we do have any RoPs with the civs enroute down to persia.

BTW Feodor, a Chat Rep is in charge of a department when no leader and deputy are present during the t/c. If you are interested, please let me know :)

Please cast your vote in this council vote for Science leader and deputy.

Link to the new office:

Term - 7 Military Department

Consider this office closed and any new discussions should continue in the Term 7 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom