Term 6 Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Let's give peace a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyrei

Deity
Retired Moderator
Foreign Affairs Ministry

Minister of Foreign Affairs: Eyrei

Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs: Feodor Argent (unconfirmed)

Junior Minister of Foreign Affairs (chat rep): cheetah (unconfirmed)

Please vote in this council vote for governor, PD, and JA.

I'm not sure I like the title you've chosen but I do think it is time to make peace with India. Has there been any movement towards a decision on this?

If we conquer India, we get another rep hit. We had to get the Aztecs because no one else wanted to.

The Chinese will take out India soon enough. The more jungle they have to clear while doing so, the better off we will be.

Hopefully we will have a consensus on this. Is there really any great chance of any of our Indian conquests flipping?

We seem to have forgotten about our little war with Hammurabi. Can the FA Dept. help our citizens to refocus on this war?

Certainly. We could use an assesment of Babylon's military situation, however. If they've lost the ability to recruit new units, than we should be safe from any invasion ourselves and capable of taking the offensive whenever we feel like it.

Do we feel like it? I think a poll has been set for that purpose.

I was looking over some trades and relations to better familarize myself with today's world. I have found a quite juicy offer from Greece:

Greece

MPP, 206gpt for MPP, gems!!!!

Granted, the very nature of a MPP changes the current strategy of the game, not to mention outright dangerous.

Pros: "Let us draw off the wealth of distant nations" ;)

- It would VASTLY increase science output (we could possibly go very near, or at 100% and still generate income - based on current scientific data). We can get Medicine in 10 turns at 100%, but at a deficit of 124gpt. The deal would change that to a surplus.

- It would solidify relations with Greece

- The extra income would let us keep a head up in science

- We can cut down on Greece's research time

- It will speed up our research of Medicine (and steam) - that means within 2 full (10 turn) turn chats if we're lucky.

- If Greece cancels the deal, it's a rep hit for them.

- Greece has an MPP with England, so England WILL fight Persia. Also, France is in the war against Persia.

- Greece is commercial, so they can recoup the wealth.

- Greece has generally been peaceful this game.

- Greece, France, England and us have a common enemy - Persia.

- If not used for science, we can upgrade our units, and rush buildings/units.

Cons: "Gimme more SOLDIERS noble leader...!" :soldier:

- MPPs means war with a potential trading partner/ally if they decide to attack Greece.

- MPPs can get ugly quick if we don't know how to use them.

- Our income would be reduced to a much smaller amount with 100% science (but could be negated by trade)

- Greece could get bold and start attacking other nations (bringing us into the war)

- It would disrupt our 0% strategy, and we'd need to tread carefully with an MPP strategy.

Give that Greece is already allied with us to fight the Persians, it is unlikely that this MMP is going to involve us in any more wars than we already have going. If it solidifies our position with the English, that itself is a great advantage.

If we can't make up our minds to conquer Babylon, we can always ship our elite military to the eastern front and let them battle the Persians on English soil.

I'd really like to see a discussion on this, then a poll for the turnchat on Tuesday.

Discussion posted.

Where?

In the citizens forum.

I also wish to bring up the fact that our military strength is WEAK against the Persians! I'd like to see the Babylonian war stop so that we aren't overrun by rampaging Persian forces (in the worst case scenario that our friends are destroyed).

The Greek deal can be used to modernize our entire defensive force. 47 units going from 1/3/1 to 4/6/1 is an increase of offensive capability of almost 100 points and defensive strength of over 140. A 240 point addition to our force level will definitely make us stronger than the Persians.

How did you come up with those force numbers? (100, 140...)

Attack strength going from 1 to 4, times 47 units = 141. Defense strength going from 3 to 6, times 47 units = 94.

Army strength is figured by aggregating the total offensive and defensive strength of all units. Upgrading our pikes would make us the preeminent military power in the world again.

Wouldn't defense also be 141? (since it's a change of 3 for defense?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom