Term 8 Nominations - President

ice2k4

Emperor
Term 8 Nominations for the Office of the President

The President is a member of the Triumvirate. The duties of the Triumvirate include issuing stop orders, declaring a state of mobilization, and appointing the Director of Intelligence.
In addition, the President is tasked with defining a budget, resolving disputes between officials, controlling settlers and naval units, and is given all powers not expressly given to another official and not retained by the Citizens Assembly.

Please note that you may nominate any number of citizens for this position, including yourself. A nomination must be accepted by the person who was nominated to be considered valid. You may only accept one nomination, but you may change your mind about accepting and declining a nomination as many times as you like up until the deadline. Candidates will be listed in order of their (last) acceptance in the election poll.

Nominations will close on July 27th at 7:00 PM EDT (15:00 UTC).

Should they choose to write them, the candidates' platforms will appear below.

I nominate DaveShack to the office of President.

In these times of trouble and difficulty, we need a strong leader, capable of guiding Licentia, and pulling the best out of all of us. DaveShack has demonstrated that in the past, and will bring the skills and abilities we need to this most vital office.

Bring DaveShack back to the office he is the best candidate for - President!

-- Ravensfire

I know I challenged you DaveShack, but I really have to think this one over. Much as I'd like to debate you I am torn between that and the Censor's office or the judiciary. I hate to give up my role as watchdog from the bench but there I am unable to address the issues that really concern me in this game. I am really sick and tired of the Censor's procedures that prohibit private initiatives and constantly fail to distinguish between official and non-official polls. I have a better chance of rectifying this by running for Censor than I do for the judiciary or president. I have to weigh that against the joys of the debate.

All right DaveShack. We have someone stepping up to be President. I've self-nominated for Censor and have also nominated you for that office. Let's have our debate!

Top Bottom