Terminator 3 SUCKED!

Neomega

Deity
Naw, it wasn't that bad, but damn was it cheesy.

And if you want to pay $7.50 to see cyborg armies clash with human resistors, save you rmoney for Terminator 4.

If you want to see Claire Danes cry alot... this is the movie for you. She really should shy away from the terminator movies.

It did have a cool ending. :scan:

But there were more future war scenes in Terminator 2 and Terminator than there were in 3. In fact in T3, there was only a 45 second clip in the beginning!

THAT'S IT!!!

I was thinking a movie dubbed "rise of the machines" would have had more machines!

Boo. boo. 1.5 stars out of 4

So, you didn't like the movie because it didn't have big robot battle scenes?

And she doesn't cry that much only teo or three scenes and they're not that long.

And it did have those big ones in the compound, and the flying do-dad

Maybe the future war scenes would have made the viewing too uncomfortable for some (the powers that be, for example).

I was looking forward to it, and I'm extremely disappointed by this.

Originally posted by Dr. Dr. Doktor
Maybe the future war scenes would have made the viewing too uncomfortable for some (the powers that be, for example).

I was looking forward to it, and I'm extremely disappointed by this.

Neomega is a power?

What?!?!?!?! I loved it!!! Now they can make more Terminator movies.

I came in with very low expectations and I was pleasently surprised. The action scenes are somewhat subpar (Matrix 2 being the new standard) and the story could be a little more in depth, but all in all it was defintely worth the cost of admission.

It did have a misleading title. I had more fun hanging out with my friends making fun of it then I did actually watching it, but that's become a standard now. :p

Plus, there seemed to be a surprising anti-nuclear message, and a subtle anti-military message. They really did make it seem that generals and the military are stupid, but maybe I'm just reading into it...

It was as good as Terminator. But Terminator was made in 1984.
I loved Terminator.

Also the special effects were poor to say the least.

When the Terminators are tossing each other around they are obvious dummies.

The make-up, (Which T2 won an academy award for) was weak. In one scene I couldn't help but focus on the metal in Arnold's face, which looked like someone took a glitter marker and drew it on.

It obviously was a different set of writers, and directors, than T2.

And Claire Danes' hair was too neat for all the trouble she had been in.

I was also pleasantly surprised. The action sequences and plot were very similar to T2 (The bad robot attacks John, Ah-nuld temporarily incapacitates it, John escapes for a while, the bad robot recovers and continues to attack John, and so on). Kristanna Loken is extremely hot, but she just couldn't achieve the same level of sinister-ness as Robert Patrick, who was damn scary as the T-1000. The movie also never explains how Skynet survives being blown up in T2.

The movie did know enough to make fun of itself, at least in the beginning. Arnold also says things that are definitely un-robot-like, which his character never would have said in the previous movie. The T-X makes her boobs grow bigger. Ah-nuld steals the clothes from a male stripper.

SPOILER ALERT!!!
But what I really like about the movie is the ending. The second half of the movie deals with John, Ah-nuld, and the constantly screaming Claire Daines trying destroy Skynet's central core, but at the end they don't succeed. Skynet takes over. Nuclear war begins. It would have been very easy to just duplicate the ending from T2, having everything work out fine. It takes serious balls to make a movie that has a non-happy ending.

It did explain how skynet survived in the end when it explained "skynet was made up of computer programs on every pc, government or compute" and said it couldnt have been destroyed.

I thought the action was good, but they just had really awkward jokes that left you going "wait, this is the terminator! They can't do that to him!" For instance, when Terminator walks into a gay bar, he takes a dancers glasses, which where star shaped. What the hell!? He's terminator! The dancer also puts his hand to the terminator when he asks for his clothes (talk to the hand), and later in the movie Terminator repeats the phrase to a store clerk. Whats up with these corny jokes? Has the Terminator lost his dignity?

Originally posted by napoleon526
but she just couldn't achieve the same level of sinister-ness as Robert Patrick, who was damn scary as the T-1000. The movie also never explains how Skynet survives being blown up in T2.

I still have nightmares!

Amusing note, Anarchyrulz. In other words, P2P and distributed computing ends the world.

Quite right of course, you pirates ;)

I wrote a reply on this but lost it since there were server errors last night.

I saw this film and loved it. It was not better than T2, considering that T2 was revolutionary for the time it was released and turned many heads. However this film was well made, had a decent plot, and a well written script.

It's a pure action movie with one or two moments where something doesn't blow up, but it's fun. It's your typical summer blockbuster hit, but this one has edge. Arnold does a good job, though I feel that he may have put some emotion into his character, when the machines don't have emotions - other than that he did a fairly good job.

I must say, the ending was the best.

I give this film an 8 out of 10.

Originally posted by Richard III
I still have nightmares!
The film came out when I was in 3rd grade, and after seeing it I kept dreaming that he was going to come up out of the floor and kill me like he did the security guard in the movie. :eek:

You know a character is classic if he traumatizes you for life. :goodjob:

Originally posted by Ohwell
I think a good SPOILER ALERT would be nice, napoleon. :ack:
Hey, the movie is titled RISE OF THE MACHINES. Is it really all that much of a spoiler to know that the machines rise? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by napoleon526

Hey, the movie is titled RISE OF THE MACHINES. Is it really all that much of a spoiler to know that the machines rise? :rolleyes:

Well you gave the ending... Atomic War?

I don't really mind because I'll watch the movie in 50 years when I defeat my laziness to go and rent it, but some ofthers might mind.

Originally posted by Ohwell
Yes, very.

:p

I have to admit that I've never seen Terminator 2. :blush:
:eek:

Go out and rent it right now! It's a true action/adventure classic, and one of the few sequels that's better than it's predecessor. It was also one of the first movies that made major use of computer animation. When it came out everybody thought that the shape-shifting T-1000 was just SO amazing. Now you can get free shareware programs that do the same thing as the multimillion dollar effects in the movie.

Top Bottom