1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Terra Nostra

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Scenarios' started by Moriboe, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Moriboe

Moriboe Chieftain

This mod is on hold indefinitely.

The latest version, among some other changes, includes a Pioneer unit which combines aspects of both the settler and scout, and can be gifted by militaristic city states. There is no guarantee that the AI will do something useful with these units. Version 6.1 remains available in the mod browser.

I have not sought a successor for the scenario as I did for my mod, but I invite anyone to use this as a base for variations, e.g., thinning out the Old world (Europe especially) and add new civs to the New (Optik did some great South American civs!).

Thanks for your continued interest!

2. thadian

thadian Kami of Awakened Dreamers

Nonetheless, i will still enjoy Terra Nostra until RFC comes out - thanks for the work and effort you put into it!

3. HisAwesomeness

HisAwesomeness Grand Duke of Awesomeness

Dear Moriboe,

It is of of my concern that you remove the city-state of Ireland, no offense to my Irish friends.
    Why? because...
    of Game play,
    Don't you notice that England is a relatively weak power in Europe? The last time I played, Ol' Britannia didn't so much as go out of their little Island they call home. Partly because of mainland powers such as France and Spain.
    of History,
    Come on, Ireland has been part of British history since 1171, plus it had only rebelled a few times in history and had only achieved full independence of the Monarch when the Republic of Ireland Act was signed on 1949.
    Anyway it's an awesome scenario overall.

God save Ireland.

Your Friend and Fan,
    HisAwesomeness

4. Moriboe

Moriboe Chieftain

Dublin wasn't a prime pick for me either. I included it mainly because of Elizabeth's poor expansion: usually they didn't settle Ireland at all, or otherwise very late in the game, which irked me. So filling the spot made Europe look more appealing. It also accounts for non-English on the islands.
    Another option would have been to include some resource of course. In v7.1 Dublin is progressive, so it can help England get more great people, which seems appropriate to me also.

You can always open the map and delete the start position ;)

5. The Byzantine

The Byzantine Chieftain

Hello Moriboe,
    I downloaded the mod from the mod browser of the game.. i upload the scenario and it begins with the Arab civilization..i play the game and i come back to the Main Menu..i would play with the Roman Empire :) but nothing.. the game begins only with the Arab civilization..I choose other civilizations..but nothing.. Maybe my "problem" has been solved but i've not found the solution in the forum.. (sorry I am a bit beginner :D )
    Thank you so much..
    Best Regards for all :clap:

6. grant2004

grant2004 Citizen

I was just about to post about the same thing. I'm having the same issue, running the most up to date version of the mod. I imagine this might be an effect of the new patch. I know the mod isn't under development anymore, but have any of the other users found a workaround for this?

7. Moriboe

Moriboe Chieftain

This is a bug introduced by the June patch. There is a temporary solution in the following thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=429368

edit: Uploaded streamlined version for June patch to the mod browser. Didn't wait for the problem to be patched as my gaming PC is going into storage.

Thank you for the support!

8. Nefliqus

Nefliqus Chieftain

9. shadowzoid

shadowzoid Chieftain

How do I get the DLC Spain to work in this mod wit correct location?

10. Moriboe

Moriboe Chieftain

I have halted all work on this scenario, though anyone may take it over, put it on the mod browser and all that!

You'll have to open the map in the world editor, remove one civ, add Spain instead. Then select the tile you want them to start and assign to it the starting location. Can't be of more help now, sorry.

11. tenkk

tenkk Chieftain

12. Moriboe

Moriboe Chieftain

@tenkk: Great! Gaming does not fit into my activities now, but will try at some point :) I will be revisiting my version of the map and make variations with new civs; I could include your smaller one as well maybe?

13. thadian

im not a modder or anything but ive made small scaling changes and revised versions of this map including an old world and new world variant as well as a version that uses the ancient med civ pack or most of the other civ packs. i also made one that seems to work with hulfgars and one for civnights.

the only problems im having is the world is cylindrical so i can't expand blown up regions that end without resorting to trying to make a new map from scratch. Also some civ packs have conflicting civ's or the same civs and i don't know how to remove/disable them.

that said, all of my world map projects have been based on the framework of this map and even though you aren't active - your map still is. :)

14. Moriboe

Moriboe Chieftain

Going to do that very soon, too. Did you post yours somewhere? Can't seem to find them. I will be including civs from other modders as well as some totally new ones by myself.

Yes, it's a bit of a pain. When I enlarged Europe it took me quite some time moving every square west of Berlin left into the Atlantic.
    You look into the mod files and delete the folder of the civilization you want to remove. It should be as simple as that.

Great! I love to hear my work gets used, in any way :)

Some diplo scenes I worked on attached. Yes, the crappy "photoshop" (I use GIMP) is the best I can do :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

15. tino

tino Chieftain

Anyone have success on getting this to work on a Mac? I got the Mod button enabled, and copied the download file to MODS, but nothing shows up......

Tino

16. Garashta

Garashta Chieftain

Help!
    I can't scroll down to select my civ, it is as if the scroll on the mouse whell won't work, so I cam only play wit the topmost civs!

17. Garashta

Garashta Chieftain

Nah, nothing works. I managed to scroll down, but:
    1) Not all civilizations appear. I wanted to play as china, which was nowhere to be found.
    2) since china was missing I've decided to play as rome. But the second encounter I had with another civ (in this case, poland) the game crashed.

I've downloaded the latest version, here on this forum, and I'm using it combined only with the recommended barbarian mod.

18. thadian

that version was made long ago, look at the dates on the thread. You could try reading prior posts about how to select the civ you want by entering a game, exiting, then restarting and trying again - but likely this is not compatible with G+K and most likely this is not compatible with the mod-breaker patch recently done right before g+k.

19. Moriboe

Moriboe Chieftain

As thadian says, it's probably no longer compatible. This mod has also been assimilated by Uomo Universalis, which for now is no longer compatible either :crazyeye:

It's very nice to see continued interest in this though :)

20. O.O. Howard

O.O. Howard Chieftain

I havent seen or heard about RFC is a long time. Anyone have the low-down on whther that project is active?