Terra Nova Mod Idea

Kailric

Jack of All Trades
Has anyone seen the Terra Nova (New World) tv series? It would make an excellent back story for a Col mod, if not the story line of the show one similar perhaps. It would be like this...

Earth's future is plagued with lack of fresh air and over population when scientists discover a portal to the past, the Cretaceous period (think dinosaurs). So they set about sending "pilgrimages" back in time. In the show their are two colonies, the Terra Nova group and the Sixers, so called because they arrived on the Sixth pilgrimage. The Sixers are opposed to Terra Nova and are just there to exploit the resources of the planet.

I think for a mod there could be a slightly different setup to make for fun gaming. Where future Nations send Colonists back in time to exploit resources for their Nation, eventually leading to a war for Independence as the future tightens its grip on the colonist. We could have high tech future gadgets and vehicles. It would be a wild setting with roaming dinosaurs. It could be that the portal leads to a different planet that has intelligent alien life as well, so these could be the "natives", or just no natives to contend with.

Just another of my far out ideas for mods of Colonization :D

Wouldn't that be somewhat like Colonization 2071? Not completely but close enough to not do anything about this unless we seriously increase manpower for modding.

Nightinggale, always trying to shoot down my brain storms :D Just shooting ideas around. I thought there was already a dinosaur mod out for Civ4, but I believe I was mistaken. I think they had one for an older Civ, like Civ 3.

Ahh, man, that stinks. I was thinking Dinosaurs would be the natives and instead of cities they would have "Nests" and "Herds". Herds would be Cities on the move:)

Still the idea is there. Perhaps the time portal goes back to the Medieval period instead of dinosaurs you'd have Knights and Vikings to contend with :p

Ahh, man, that stinks. I was thinking Dinosaurs would be the natives and instead of cities they would have "Nests" and "Herds". Herds would be Cities on the move:)
That's a really cool concept. However after thinking for a while, I wonder if it could be made to work. To make it realistic with animal nests, they would be hostile towards you. How fun is it to start with only hostile natives? That would be a serious balance issue if all humans are wiped out within a few turns. This idea would need some serious work if gameplay should be fun.

I'm not against your ideas as such. It's just that... well we have issues getting enough manhours into M:C as it is. If we could do anything about your ideas without taking workforce away from M:C, then it would be a different matter.

Top Bottom