1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

TerraForm -- a map editor for CIV dos

Discussion in 'Civ1 - General Discussions' started by Dack, Aug 23, 2005.

1. GoldBerg

GoldBerg CivDosPlayer of '91

Great, yes, I guess that is the easiest way. :goodjob:
    Should work with Terraform as well as JCivED.

2. DracoNoir

DracoNoir Chieftain

Hey all,

Joined just to comment here, I'll admit =)

Found this after playing Civ 'straight' for many many years after finding it on a disc with Lemmings and FE2 (both also awesome games!)

Wouldn't mind giving map editing a go so I think I'll register if that's ok?

Does anyone know if there are any limits to map editing, beyond obvious illegal combinations? Thinking things like max number of a certain type of terrain or enhancements (oil or gold, etc.)?

Thanks =]

3. SWY

SWY Prince

Hi DracoNoir, welcome to the forums. :)

There's a hard city and unit number limit. Special tiles (gold, oil, fish, etc) are on a predefined location, but that pattern can be edited using JCivEd, IIRC. There shouldn't be any problem with a maximum number of a certain tile.

4. DracoNoir

DracoNoir Chieftain

Thanks Swy and thanks for the welcome!

I was up til midnight reading the CivOne thread and I have to say that is amazing work! Unfortunately I'm no programmer (beyond ACS script for Doom levels and very limited Access VBA =]) or I'd love to help!

Congratulations on parenthood (a little outdated now, I know!). I have a two year old, and finding enough time to even do my accounts is difficult so I have no idea how you can keep up the endless stream of progress with CivOne.

Anyway. Rambling. Great stuff and I'll pop a post over there to say so =]

5. Grev_michal

Grev_michal Chieftain

Now is the time :D

I have seen this project a few times over the years - never got around to try/apply for it. Hopefully its still possible to get access :)

6. Grev_michal

Grev_michal Chieftain

Thanks for the key - tried to mess around with it a bit, awesome job :)

7. toroidmonsta24

toroidmonsta24 Chieftain

Wow this looks pretty good. Hope OP is still responding to PMs :)

8. Petra_h

Petra_h Chieftain

Hi, I just downloaded and installed TerraForm on my Windows 8.1 computer. When I start it, I receive an Runtime Error (Invalid Class). Nothing happens if i click "Request Registration Key". Can anyone help?

9. Dack

Dack Terra Form Moderator

PM me and we'll work this out. What is the error number?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  10. Petra_h

Petra_h Chieftain

Run-time error -2147217392 (80041010)

11. Shaiful

Shaiful Chieftain

Thank you for the file. However I don't have the 'open' option in my list.. how could I proceed?
    Mine is version 6.00..
    Thank you.

12. asmonaut

asmonaut Chieftain

After some compatibilizing, I got it to install (windows 8.1) - and now, no matter what I do, `tabctl32.ocx`, or one of its components, is missing, or not registered... :,( Something I can do?

13. Dack

No one has raised this issue before. tabctl32.ocx (Microsoft Tabbed Dialog Control 6.0) should be part of the install. As no one else has raised this issue I can only suggest that you uninstall TerraForm and try to reinstall it. Perhaps something went wrong in you install.

14. OsoSober

OsoSober Chieftain

hi Dack,
    thanks for the program , it seems awsomme, however, i was wondering if i had complete teh registration , as i have not received any information about the registering of the program.
    on the about post, I see my logon being there, (ososober)

Is ther eanything else i need to do or what happens next, again i thank you for your program and time

Ososober

15. leonwolfe

leonwolfe Chieftain

Hi all! New to this site but really hoping that this is all still going on! I have checked out Dack's map editor and it looks great. I am really looking forward to getting the registration sorted so I can have a proper go with it :)

16. BismarckOtto

BismarckOtto Chieftain

Hi iam new to the forum and just wanted to say thanks for all the work @Dack and all other civnatics .
    Looking foward to get my key for terraform soon so after 25 long years will be abled to reset/restart a map ;)

Does anybody know another method to restart a map in civdos ?

17. Stanko

Stanko Chieftain

Hello everyone,
    I've installed a program and I haven't patience to start using it. This game is unique. If I understood correctly I should make five post to can send PM to Dack. And this is my first one.
    Greetings to all!

18. Dack

There were rules years ago about needing 5 post before you could post, but they are no longer the rule. Just send me a request for a key and you will be good to go. I am in the process of an updated version of the program

19. Ashot

Ashot Chieftain

How do I get the activation code? I wrote Dack a week ago, but he does not respond.