Terraforming marsh in RFC?

Has anyone been to Berlin? It was built on a swamp, and to this day that have big pink pipes around construction sites used to pump out swamp gas!

there should be different stages of clearing and removing it should take a VERY long time but it will be sped up dramatically by technology so middle ages will take 20+ turns but by Modern age only 1-2 turns

Are there actually marshes in Siberia or was it just put there to represent really crappy places to put a city?

There are marshes in Siberia. Actually, the tundra seems largely be frozen marsh. Climate change is supposedly gonna thaw it all up...

You are talking about it as if it has started yet, news flash, it has

You are talking about it as if it has started yet, news flash, it has
Nope, not all of it. You'd need a time machine to confirm if all of it will ever thaw. :rolleyes:

Nope, not all of it. You'd need a time machine to confirm if all of it will ever thaw. :rolleyes:

starting to≠all of it starting to

computer programming should have taught you that, that and positive feedback

@civ king
Spoiler :
Am I sensing some hostility in your last few replies? I sent you a PM instead - let us take this outside if we must.

My problem isn't that Marshes aren't terraformable, but that you should be able to do something with them. Maybe a cottage that could only grow into a Hamlet or Village?

My problem isn't that Marshes aren't terraformable, but that you should be able to do something with them. Maybe a cottage that could only grow into a Hamlet or Village?
Yeah, I think I did this myself, actually...

Let me revive this necrotopic...

I was looking for marsh terraforming modmod and found this topic full of ideas... but none of solutions. I tried to use (copy-paste) the code from post 24, but it did not worked for the last version RFC (BTS), not to mention caused saves crashed...

So, could anyone share a working modmod? Thanks

P.S. Personally, I would terraform march to grassland/tundra after windmills (says, 15 turns worker plus 10+1d20 turns city working it for a single shield (torf!)) and progressively faster (10 and 5 turns worker) after steam (2 shields - torf) and electricity (2 shields + 1 gold for torf power plant). And may be give a chance to flood it back...

P.P.S. Single food on tundra and forest replanting late game would be good as well...

Top Bottom