Terrain Height Error (with mods)

Achiles625

Chieftain
I have searched everywhere for this error, and I can't find anyone else mentioning it. I have tried turning off all sorts of different mods but the problem continues. Anyone else seen this and have a clue what might be causing it?

Spoiler :

It started after installing Risiing Tide. Months later, I still haven't been able to play the game because of it!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5IyYyfwxJGJVWYyVkU2eEtwblU/view?usp=sharing

How do I export my list of subscribed mods to post here?

I had that happen to me when I tested a mod that used an old vanilla Lua script when it should have been the expansion version. Even after disabling the mod and creating an unmodded, singleplayer game, the terrain was still corrupt.

If you're using mods, it could be likely that one of them is outdated and not compatible with Rising Tide.

Disable all of them, exit the game, and within Steam, verify the integrity of your game's cache.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335&l=english

When you open the game again, start another unmodded singleplayer game to see if things are fixed. If so, exit and go back to the mod menu and enable only one mod at a time and start a new game. This will help narrow down which one is causing the problem so you can remove it.

Moderator Action: Moved to Creation & Customization

Disable all of them, exit the game, and within Steam, verify the integrity of your game's cache.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335&l=english

When you open the game again, start another unmodded singleplayer game to see if things are fixed.
There is no need to do this, simply restarting the game fixes terrain and this error will not corrupt any game files. It may be required to manually kill the Beyond Earth Process after exiting the game though (if steam continues to show you as playing the game).

So, what to do @OP:

- Start a game with Mods
- Go to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\Logs and open Lua.log with a text editor
- search for Errors, the file-paths in these error messages should show you which mods you have to disable (<- Do this even if the terrain works fine at this point!)
- completely restart the game
- Disable the Mods that have caused Lua-Errors
- There you go, should be fixed now.
Note that this will ONLY fix lua errors. Most mods are not updated for Rising Tide because most modders just don't play the game anymore, so by using mods that not specifically say that they work with Rising Tide you are likely to encounter some other issues down the line that will probably not cause any real problems, but may lead to strange situations.

Oh, so simply restarting the whole app will resolve things (until the error happens again), that's good to know.

Also, I forget... if he's going to do it the techie way, does he first need to enable logging?

No, in Beyond Earth normal logging should (thankfully) be enabled by default.

Top Bottom