Terrain Mod

Just run the installer / exe and select the parts you'd like to install.

Mmmm…it’s asking for a “destination folder”. In the box it says, “The installer can’t find the installed game, please set it.” I point it to BtS, but the OK button is still greyed out.

I got the complete edition of the game…not sure that makes a difference. I also got it digital download.

Well, neither I nor the maker of the installer have the complete edition nor did we got it from the net, so there might be troubles. Neither of us can say, how the registry is setup in case of your version, so I think we aren't really able to help you. Still, the installer doesn't wan't BtS' directory, but Civ4's, which should be BtS' parentdirectory. Try that.

If you still can't install the mod, we might talk about how to set the mod up manually. Yet you should have a clue about locating directories and it wouldn't hurt if you'd have experience about setting up a mod already.

Hello - I'm having exactly same issue as XiaoHu btw. Installer can't find the directory, and manually locating the folder won't un-grey the ok button (playing BtS through Steam).

I am only forced to Steam because of civ5, don't use it with civ4, so I don't have information about how the registry is set up. Don't even know if the file structure on c: is there for you. I try to talk to the maker of the installer, but I can't guarantee anything. Just to make clear everything: you did try to choose the directory where civ4 is installed, not the directory of BtS, right?

Lately, I've noticed that the Terrain Mod did not work together with WoC Lite based mods (and maybe other dll mods as well) such as RoM, RevDCM and any Paprika modcomp based mod when playing a multiplayer game. For some reason, these mods don't like it when additional files are placed in the Custom Assets directories. From Terrain Mod 1.2, files will be installed directly to the core directory. The installer will make backups, so the mod can still be uninstalled, already in- and uninstalled a few times without having any troubles. Having done this, the Terrain Mod is now compatible with the mods mentioned above. You can load the mod through post 1 of this thread. Make sure you uninstall any previous version of this mod before installing 1.2.

Besides of fixing the install dirs, I worked a little on the rivers. I took the river art from Rhye's and Fall of Civilization and merged it with the previous rivers arts alpha channels. Hope you'll like it!

I tried installing this mod, I downloaded the installer and ran it, it looks it extracted the files in the correct position:

steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv\

the textures are in their folders...

But when I run the game nothing change during play, I remember the same happened when I tried installing Blue Marble.
Is there something I need to do to make the game recognise the new textures over the older ones??

EDIT: ok, it looks like if you have BtS on Steam you actually have to install this mod on this path: C:\Users\my name\Documents\My Games\beyond the sword , but the installer doesn't let you! So you have to install it manually...
I actually made a fake "steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv" folder, installed the mod there with the installer and then cut/pasted the newly added folders in the correct location...
Now it works! :)

EDIT: ok, it looks like if you have BtS on Steam you actually have to install this mod on this path: C:\Users\my name\Documents\My Games\beyond the sword , but the installer doesn't let you! So you have to install it manually...
I actually made a fake "steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv" folder, installed the mod there with the installer and then cut/pasted the newly added folders in the correct location...
Now it works!
Well, I'm glad to see you got it working, but I wonder that this trick did it for you. The path you mentioned was right for the versions 1.0 and 1.1, but not for the 1.2 version. With 1.2, I altered the paths so that the files get installed directly to the core game files instead of to the My Games directory (that's you personal directory for civ4). Otherwise the game won't work with mods that have altered dlls (SDK) like ROM or the upcoming versions of my custom civ mods when playing multiplayer games (single player is fine, though). So please, make sure which version you use and let me know. If you use 1.2, I think it's because of steam that it doesn't work. I remember that it tried to restore the files when I edited civ5 stuff, so this might be a similar case. Steam is plain sh:)t, you know, especially if it is forced. Well, I'm interested in getting this to work for users like you, too, so I'd like to correct the installer. I can not give any guarantee that I'll be able to do so, but in any case, I'd need your help as I don't have a steam version.
So please, make sure which version you use. If necessary, I'll ask you for screenshots of certain directory to compare them with mines and need you to try things out for me.

I installed the 1.2 version!

Actually, to make the installer work I had to put some core game files in that fake folder I created, then the installer worked. The installer created 3 folders, called 'Assets', 'Beyond the Sword' and 'Warlords' and an .exe file called TerrainMod_Uninstall...

the content of Assets had to go on this path:
C:\Users\my name\Documents\My Games\beyond the sword\CustomAssets

For Beyond the Sword and Warlords, well, I tried putting the 2 entire folders here:
C:\Users\my name\Documents\My Games\beyond the sword\
But I noticed problems with some textures... I copy/pasted them also here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization iv
And here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword

Now it works flawlessly!
Anyway, I don't have the other mods you mentioned, and don't plan on having, so I cannot help you with that!

And here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization iv\beyond the sword
These are actually the right places... Could you take a screenshot of these directories content (through explorer), please? And please that of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization iv\Warlords. If you prefer, you can send them via pm. Thanks!

After having tried a bit I think the correct position for the Beyond the Sword and Warlords folders is this one:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword

I deleted your files from the other 2 places and it works correctly. So, now I actually DON'T have anymore the Warlords folder here:

Here are the screenshots...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 259
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 263
There's no C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization iv Warlords or something? Okay... The directory structure is different from the no-Steam version. Could you please tell me what's inside the Beyond the Swords directory in civ4s install directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization iv\beyond the sword)? Was the Warlords dir in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword already there or did you create it when installing my files? Hmmm... I suppose I have to place all the files I install to Warlords directory in BtS' subdirectory, I just don't know where to place the files for BtS...

I could try fixing the installer this weekend, I'd just need someone to test ;) I guess I'll also post a list of what files I replace and which I do backup. I could imagine I'd need to backup more or less files for Steam version...

Correct, there is no "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization iv\warlords"

In "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization iv\beyond the sword" there are only 3 files, for a total of 555Kb (not sure what these are or where they come from...)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\beyond the sword" AND "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\warlords" were both already there and have 2.58GB of data the former and 429MB the latter.

Also "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Assets" AND "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization iv\Assets" are absolutely identical in their content...

I think you should try simply installing everything in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword" with the same folders structure you are already using so that Assets, Beyond the Sword and Warlords merge with the existing folders there...

You better find someone else to try that anyway, as I would have to cancel all the files I already installed under Documents/Mygames and I'm a bit lost in all those folders :crazyeye:
Now I'm going to enjoy the game :p

Before I can fix the installer for steam versions, I need more information about what files I'd need to backup and where they are located. The following is a list of what I already backup:

Spoiler :
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Shared\Trees_1024.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Structures\Improvements\Farm\crops_irr.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\Floodplain\FloodPlain_baseALL.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Sky\Clouds01.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Sky\Clouds01dark.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Sky\Clouds01decal.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Routes\Rivers\AllRiversLarge.dds

$INSTDIR\Warlords\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\Civilopedia\Amphibious\water_green_alpha.dds
$INSTDIR\Warlords\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\Civilopedia\Amphibious\water_green.dds
$INSTDIR\Warlords\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\Civilopedia\Amphibious\groundtexture01.dds
$INSTDIR\Warlords\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\Civilopedia\Amphibious\erodedshore.dds

$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Art\Structures\Improvements\BlackHole\BlackHole_Chunks.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Art\Structures\Improvements\BlackHole\BlackHole_DIFF.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Art\Structures\Improvements\BlackHole\BlackHole_WAlpha_DIFF.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\FinalFrontier\Icepack\Nebula_Effect_Bottom.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\FinalFrontier\Icepack\Nebula_Effect_Top.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\Civilopedia\Waterenvironment\WaterEnvironment.nif
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\Civilopedia\Waterenvironment\water_green_alpha.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\Civilopedia\Waterenvironment\water_green.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\Asteroids\Asteroid.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\SolarSystem\AtmosGLOW2.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\SolarSystem\CloudMap_1.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\SolarSystem\Green_Planet.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\SolarSystem\maglev.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\SolarSystem\planet_ring.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\SolarSystem\Rings.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\Final Frontier_SpaceField.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\FinalFrontier_SPACEGRID_GRIDS.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\StarField_Stardust.dds

(For the old style civ4 $INSTDIR is the path where Civ4 is installed. Walords and Beyond the Swords are supdirectories of that; in order to fix the installer for steam versions, I'd need to know where these files are located or an information if they can't be found at all.)

The following is a list of all files I install:
Spoiler :
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\Civilopedia\AncientBattlefield\greengrass.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\Civilopedia\AncientBattlefield\horizon.dds

$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\CLI_Arid.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\CLI_Cold.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\CLI_Rock.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\CLI_Temp.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\CLI_Trop.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\FLAT_DARK.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\FLAT_GREATPLAINS.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\FLAT_Highlands.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\FLAT_OASIS.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\FLAT_WaterINLANDSEA01.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\FLAT_WaterINLANDSEA02.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\FLAT_WaterINLANDSEA03.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\FLAT_WORLD.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterARCH01.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterARCH02.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterARCH03.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterCONT01.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterCONT02.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterCONT03.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterICEAGE01.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterICEAGE02.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterICEAGE03.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterLAKE01.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterLAKE02.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterLAKE03.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterPANG01.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterPANG02.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterPANG03.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterTERRA01.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterTERRA02.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterTERRA03.dds

$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Structures\Buildings\Aqueduct\Aqueduct.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Structures\Improvements\Farm\crops.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\Oasis\oasis2.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\Oasis\oasis_water.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Resources\Banana\Banana.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Resources\Banana\TreePage.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Resources\Gems\Gems.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Resources\Rice\rice_all_in_one.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Resources\Uranium\Uranium.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Routes\Railroads\Railroad.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Routes\Railroads\Railroad_128.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\DesertBLEND.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\DesertDETAIL.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\DesertGRIDS.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\GrassBLEND.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\GrassDETAIL.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\GrassGRIDS.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\HillBLEND.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\HillGRIDS.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\IceBLEND.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\IceDETAIL.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\IceGRIDS.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\PeakBLEND.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\PeakGRIDS.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\PlainsBLEND.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\PlainsDETAIL.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\PlainsGRIDS.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\TundraBLEND.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\TundraDETAIL.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\TundraGRIDS.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Routes\Rivers\AllRivers.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Routes\Rivers\AllRiversSmall.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Routes\Rivers\AllRiversSmaller.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\CoastBLEND.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\CoastDETAIL.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\CoastGRIDS.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\OceanBLEND.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\OceanDETAIL.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\OceanGRIDS.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Water\CoastLandBlends.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Water\water.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave1_01.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave1_02.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave1_03.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave1_04.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave1_05.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave1_06.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave1_07.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave1_08.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave3_01.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave3_02.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave3_03.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave3_04.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave3_05.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave3_06.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave3_07.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave3_08.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave5_01.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave5_02.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave5_03.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave5_04.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave5_05.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave5_06.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave7_01.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave7_02.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave7_03.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave7_04.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave7_05.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave7_06.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\CoastWave7_07.nif
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\wave_base.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Waves\wave_crest.dds

$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Shared\Trees_1024.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Structures\Improvements\Farm\crops_irr.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\Floodplain\FloodPlain_baseALL.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Sky\Clouds01.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Sky\Clouds01dark.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Sky\Clouds01decal.dds
$INSTDIR\Assets\Art\Terrain\Routes\Rivers\AllRiversLarge.dds
$INSTDIR\Warlords\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\Civilopedia\Amphibious\water_green_alpha.dds
$INSTDIR\Warlords\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\Civilopedia\Amphibious\water_green.dds
$INSTDIR\Warlords\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\Civilopedia\Amphibious\groundtexture01.dds
$INSTDIR\Warlords\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\Civilopedia\Amphibious\erodedshore.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\Civilopedia\Waterenvironment\WaterEnvironment.nif
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\Civilopedia\Waterenvironment\water_green_alpha.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\Civilopedia\Waterenvironment\water_green.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Art\Structures\Improvements\BlackHole\BlackHole_Chunks.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Art\Structures\Improvements\BlackHole\BlackHole_DIFF.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Art\Structures\Improvements\BlackHole\BlackHole_WAlpha_DIFF.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\FinalFrontier\Icepack\Nebula_Effect_Bottom.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\FinalFrontier\Icepack\Nebula_Effect_Top.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\Asteroids\Asteroid.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\SolarSystem\AtmosGLOW2.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\SolarSystem\CloudMap_1.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\SolarSystem\Green_Planet.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\SolarSystem\maglev.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\SolarSystem\planet_ring.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\SolarSystem\Rings.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\Final Frontier_SpaceField.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\FinalFrontier_SPACEGRID_GRIDS.dds
$INSTDIR\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\StarField_Stardust.dds

(I need to know if files from that list are already existing on steam versions, so that I'd have to backup them. Also, it would be helpful if someone could make sure which of the Beyond the Swords directories is the right one to know where I need to place the files.)

Thanks!

4 years later and I'm still here trying to make this awesome mod works with the Steam version! :D

Ok, here is the way, if you have the Steam Version of Beyond the Sword and want to use this mod:

BE SURE TO MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR CIV4 GAME FOLDERS, BOTH IN STEAM/STEAMAPPS/COMMON AND IN DOCUMENTS/MY GAMES, IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG YOU'LL BE ABLE TO ROLL BACK TO THE PREVIOUS FILES.

-download the installer

-create on your desktop a folder called "Sid Meier's Civilization 4"

-in this folder create a text file and rename it to "Civilization4.exe" (Be sure to change also the extension .txt to .exe)

-run the installer, when prompted direct it to the "Sid Meier's Civilization 4" folder you created

-the installer will create 3 folders called "Assets", "Beyond the Sword" and "Warlords"

- Inside "Assets" there is one folder called "Art", copy/paste the "Art" folder to this location:
C:\Users\my name\Documents\My Games\beyond the sword\CustomAssets
-Overwrite all files

-Copy the "Beyond the Sword" and "Warlords" folders and paste them to this location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword
-Overwrite all files

-delete the "Sid Meier's Civilization 4" folder you created on your desktop with its content

I'm not 100% sure everything is perfect but I played for 4 years, and over 1000 hours on my old laptop with this configuration, it looked exactly like in the screenshots and I never experienced glitches of any kind.
Now I installed it on my new desktop computer and it still looks and works the same ;)

Here are a few screenshots of how the game looks:

Attachments

• img1.jpg
    img1.jpg
    469.4 KB · Views: 501
  • img2.jpg
    img2.jpg
    486.9 KB · Views: 423
  • img3.jpg
    img3.jpg
    473 KB · Views: 360
Thank you, for your words and your description about how to get the mod working with the steam Version of civ4! I'm surprised that there are still people using this, seems it was worth the work. :cool:

Top Bottom