Test pitboss

By Thursday we'll be able to test this thing on a huge map. If it can survive that the MTDG should go without a hitch. :p

Ooh, I would love to be in, but I don't know if I have time. :/

If it turns out I can be in, can I play as Darius? Or if that's not possible, 1) Mehmet or 2) Willem will be fine. :)

Ooh, I would love to be in, but I don't know if I have time. :/
If you're not sure if you'll have the time, it would probably be better to opt out - or at least to find a partner who can play your turns while you're away. To play in a game like this, you really NEED to be able to log in and play at least once every 24 hours - unlike the main demogame, where you can log in as often or not as you like. Sometimes exceptions can be made if you're temporarily away, but this should be a rare occurrence, not the norm.

If you think you'll be fine with playing once every 24 hours most of the time, then by all means join in the fun. If you think you'll regularly be unable to play every day, it's probably not really fair to the other players to join (it causes annoying timeouts and major balance issues when a civ frequently lies dormant). That is, unless you have a partner to play with who can play your turns when you can't. ;)

Once every 24 hours? :undecide: not sure if I could do that...a 48 hour timer I should be able to handle....I SHOULD be able to play 5 days out of 7 but I don't think I could keep up with a 24 hour timer...

The reason I don't know if I have the time is because I'm going to move at the beginning of next week. But I think I can manage to login on either the laptop or the netbook to play a turn every 24 hours. ;)

You only need to be able to spare 5 minutes (or less) a day for most of the early turns. Probably a lot of the mid game too. It's really regularity that counts the most, not free time. The guy who can play only 5 minutes a day each day will be fine; the guy who has hours of free time most days but is completely unavailable on others won't be. ;)

I'm actually gonna have to opt out of this one. I'd really like to play, but don't think I'll have my game PC up by then.

14/18 taken

DaveShack - Augustus Caesar
Chimera1804 - random
BCLG100 - Ragnar
Lord Parkin - Huayna Capac
azzaman333 - Cyrus
Allan79 - Gengkis Khan
classical_hero - Suryavarman II
grant2004 - Wang Kon
hell_hound - Napoleon
nabaxo - Darius
v8_mark - random
Celiazul - Elizabeth
Donovan Zoi - Shaka
Robi D - Byzantium

I'm guessing we'll want a huge map with low sea level. Any preferences taken into consideration on the map script, or will you just pick one you like, Dave? For what it's worth, personally I recommend either Fractal or Big and Small - both excellent multiplayer maps, generally fairly well balanced, with a nice "natural" feel to the land layout.

I'll cast my vote for Fractal.

I'll join if your still hunting for players. I'm happy with any settings and can handle anything as short as a 12hour turn timer (gotta sleep you know :p ).

Random Civ FTW! :p Live life on the edge.

Top Bottom