1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

testing network performance

Discussion in 'Computer Talk' started by t92300, Oct 31, 2002.

1. t92300

t92300 Yip Thats Me

are there any programmes for testing network performance
    or does any one know how quick a ping of an address should be on a 10Mbs network

thanks

2. funxus

funxus Orange Cycloptic Blob

When I ping the other computer in my network, one has a 10mbs network card, it says time<10ms. I wanted to test the speed of ADSL connection, and tried it this way, but I don't know how reliable it is. It probably takes time for the other computer to return the package.

3. Lucky

Lucky Game- and Quizmaster

Simply transmit a bigger, single datafile from one comp to another. Then you can calculate the reached speed yourself. :yeah:
    Available programs donĀ“t do anything else.
    :D