TETurkhan Test of Time (Map & Mod)

Sounds good, this games going extremely fast and I have a feeling it will end way before the 2050 limit hits.

When I try to get into the sceneraio, it stops at 30% and say something about missing "ICON_BLDG_Gaia_Generators" in the "GameRes/Text/PediaIcons.txt" file
What does that mean???
I wanna play!!!

When I try to get into the sceneraio, it stops at 30% and say something about missing "ICON_BLDG_Gaia_Generators" in the "GameRes/Text/PediaIcons.txt" file

checklilst:
1- you have the PTW disk :)
2- you have downloaded one of the primary updates (first post of this thread).
3-you have updated your BIX (scenario) files with the latest 1.70

If it doesn't work still, let me know but what it sounds like is you downloaded the BIX file but not the primary update (the primary has all the extra art, animation etc)

i got the 1.66 FULL install....then updated to 1.70 bix
wat else do i need? or wat m i doing wrong?

If you have done both you should be good to go.
The files have to work cause I am using them right now.

The full install is a silent install, so when you do it leave it alone for a minute. You can usually notice your harddrive working during it. It is possibly you interupted it and thus some files are missing. Try the full install again, give it a solid minute or two, then update the BIXs and you shoudl be fine.

Originally posted by teturkhan
Piernk, thats great to hear!

I will change the king then, and any other details you want changed (civilopedia etc) do so now pls.

Can we get this down today?

What do you have on your mind?? Just download our mod and take files and inforamtion that you require.

Download site

If you have done both you should be good to go.
The files have to work cause I am using them right now.

The full install is a silent install, so when you do it leave it alone for a minute. You can usually notice your harddrive working during it. It is possibly you interupted it and thus some files are missing. Try the full install again, give it a solid minute or two, then update the BIXs and you shoudl be fine.

i have re-installed PTW, reinstalled the 1.66 Full, and putin those 1.70 bix files all over again, still the same error...
i don't get it!
y m i the only one with this problem?
HELPPPPPPPPPP!

I think I had a similar problem when I first installed the update. I had installed the game into a different directory other than the default, so the update didn't send it to the right place automaticly. I tried manually unraring the files into the right spot, but I'm almost positive I got the same error this guy got. Reinstalling the game to the default directory did the trick though.

Howdy T, and first off let me say thanks for the most fun I've had playing Civ since I started. Being a history buff, the biggest problem I've had with the game has been the random maps and civ placement, your mod has given me a new outlook on the game.

A brief note about myself, I've been playing since Civ2 came out, bought Civ3 immeditely upon release,as well as PTW. I've never won a game past Monarch, but have come close. Typically, I play as the Egyptians, usually aiming for cultural or diplomatic victory. I guess that qualifies me as more of a builder than anything else.

I began play as the Mongols, starting location only, and quickly realized this was not your mama's Civ3. I chose to play with only the cultural, domination, and conquest victory conditions, no accelerated production. The high cost of settler production was just fine with me, though, the Mongols wouldn't be building many cities. A little scouting to the east revealed the Chinese cities of Peking and Shanghai, and the drool flowed as I saw the wealth of resources surrounding them. Barracks were my first builds, and soon my archers were laying siege to the Chinese cities. They managed to build one more city for me before we crushed them, and soon spotted the Koreans. First Seoul, then Wonsan fell to my armies, and the Koreans were relegated to the ash heap of history. (Actually, they respawned in South Africa, and gave me the city of Harbin in exchange for peace. The Chinese respawned in the south of the Indian peninsula, slowing the maharajas growth.) We attempted an invasion of the Japans next, but had no more luck than the Mongols did historically. Did manage to get a leader out of the fight, but the Ashigaru were just too tough for my force, we'll see them again. Next, the Burmese, who gave me Rangoon after capturing their capital, and we were ready for the Tibetans. However, we weren't ready for their amazing Warrior Monks, and our attack slowed. Those guys are tough! Still, their cities fell, and became the staging grounds for our upcoming invasion of India. During this time, we completed work on the Great Library, which has served us well.

It's now 50 BC, and I've just gotten Feudalism, as well as Theology and Engineering from the GL We also managed to complete the Sistine Chapel, due to the emergence of our 2nd leader. Next up is Chivalry, and the Keshiks! Europe beware! I've also got a single settler laden galley just shy of landing on the NW coast of NA. California, here I come!

Outstanding job, sir, and once again, thx for all your hard work, this is without doubt the most fun I've had playing Civ. You are da man!

Vern Black
Gandalftheredskin@hotmail.com

Hey Kormer, how is your game coming along? I am considering revisign the tech costs for some of the later eras to slow things down a bit.

let me know pls.

Duelingground, sounds like a cool game - glad your enjoying the mod :)

BadAndy, have you figured things out yet? Kormer brought up a good point, if you install Civ3 into a different directory than the default it would cause this problem to occur.

My games going pretty good, I'm hoping to have it finished before this weekend so I can type up my summary, should be pretty interesting I think. I'm definately seeing some changes that need to be made, fine tuning research is #1 on the agenda. Trading communications needs to be moved back to the late middle ages or early industrial period without a doubt, you'll see why when I post my analysis.

The research is a bit of a tricky question, it definately needs to be slowed down some, but theres a lot more too it than that.

How are you able to edit this?

In the "Civ advances" page of Civ3Edit there is a flag - "Enables communication trading", so it is possible to move ability to trade communication to a later advance.

I did find however that sometimes you get contact with a civ which you haven't seen before without trading. For example in my game, I suddenly got contact with China when playing as Russians in about 4000BC, before I ever met the Chinese. This seems to be either a bug or a feature of PtW - I heard people commenting on this in the main discussion forum.

I think rapid advancement can be stopped if the tech prices are increased significantly, so that they cost a lot compared to wealth of civilizations. For example doubling the cost of all technologies, or increasing by 50% would have a major impact. Tech trading would also be more difficult because of the higher prices and greater differences in cost of techs.

Its funny how I logged in so many hours created this mod and never noticed that :)

Two major revisions are under way currently. One is communication with other Civs (too fast too many), the other is the tech costs. After some more feedback and the completion of my game I should be able to implement the changes.

On another note, Americans are back in the mod! Not the World Map version but the 'Just Mod' Version (random map). Poland has been completely revised with a new unit, leader head etc.
All changes will be available once the tech rate issues have been adjusted.

Out of curiosity teturkhan, do you have any civs in SE Europe, aside for Greece? I'm still working on getting PTW up and running, so I haven't had a chance to play the mod yet. Sounds great though.

I was torn between Austria and Hungary. I was leaning to Austria because of Vienna.

let me first say the mod rocks thou i have all the updates for the play the world vers. I playing japan have findly sucured Iron but to my horor cannot make swordmen.....:mad: is this a glitch or does japan just not make this Important unit,i did not see a unit they make instead unless the ninja takes the place of this unit......ps it is not flagged in the editer!!! i see they get the kensi ,and the mounted sam with the chiv-advance does the replace the swordsman if so cool i was just suprised as my stratagy was sword man centered i guess maybe i shouldnt have back stabbed the koreans

Top Bottom