TETurkhan Test of Time (Map & Mod)

Te said that there where going to be the same nunmber of civ as in 1.93 and more.
he found a work around, we don't know exacly how but it may have to do with the multi-start-up date that the mod is going to have. Ex. in the Ancient start up date mod greece and rome are present. in the medieval start up scenario Itally and turky are present.

You mean Byzantium. ;) In an ancient start, the area we know as Turkey would be populated by the Greeks and Hittites, in the medieval age, it should be the Byzantines, in the industrial age, the Ottomans should control it, and Turkey shouldn't be a civ until the modern age.

TE, i was looking over the 256x256 world map, and noticed that there seem to be less resources (ie. horses, etc...) on the southern tip of south america in comparison to what was there in the 1.93 version, was just curious as to why? my knowledge of geography isnt nearly as good as my knowledge of history.

and your right, the maps are buetiful with snoopys terrian pack!

Great Work!:D

azazel93 - you are right, there are less resources. I never made a C3C version of the 256x256 world map and I never intended to (was only going to make the 362x362 one C3C compatible). So this was a bit of a rush job on the '256' map. As I suggested earlier, IF anyone can, please look over the maps and let me know of ANY problems - I will be more than happy to fix it up - just don't have the time. So again all of you, go through take a look at all 3 m aps and let me know-thanks! :)

EddyG17 & Jaguar - You two are right on the money. That is exactly what I am doing. ;)

I'm trying the 2.0 world map out. I can't settle a city on a hill. Is this intended or a bug?

EDIT: Also can't settle forest. Seems only possible to settle grassland or plains. I'm playing India, 2.0 map only, not mod.

dreamvirus, that was most likely intentional, as it was also set that way in v1.93

OK, just gave me a bit of a shock at first! ;-) Doesn't make much difference when playing as India. I imagine the Mongols might have some trouble. Is there a way to change that setting in the editor? I tried opening the .biq file in the editor but it didn't seem to like it. I'll read back through this thread but at 90+ pages it'll take a while :D

Hey Turkhan, just a question for you bro.

Currently my mod is on Kal_El's world map, which is a great map, however I'd like to use your map (just your map) but right now I have some 200 added units (alot of flavour) to that mod. Is it possible to open my scenario and port your 362*362 map in over Kal El's map so that I do not have to re-add all 200 units to a new scenario with your map as the layout?

Thank you.

yes it is possible, but be worned if you do not have more then 512 ram you mod will probably not work.

Bobisback said:
yes it is possible, but be worned if you do not have more then 512 ram you mod will probably not work.

cool, i've got 512 ram. my first game was taking ages at the end of every turn. no biggie, im a patient fellow. Anyhow if you have any info on how to do this it would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

@dreamvirus; the way to set your terrian to something else is, open your editor (civ3qedit), click rules at the top, click edit rules, click on the terrian tab, at the top, scroll down to the terrian you want to change, when you find it, just go to the bottom, under flags and just put a check in the one labeled allow cities.:D

@smackdown; just go into your civ3qedit, under file youll see an option to import, click that, click through the pop up, then just click on the plus sign next to map, youll have 5 choices, world map, cities, starting locations, colonies, and units. then just click on the ones that apply to what your wanting to do.:D

Also, does ANYONE know where i can find a tutorial on how to make a units_32.pcx file?, as in, without any units? ive asked on other forums, but no one seems to want to help, lol. i know how to get the magenta color, but how the heck do i get the grid??? sorry for asking this on your thread TE, i apologize.:confused: :blush:

Wow, sounds pretty easy. Thank you very much.

This world map is getting boring :D I need new maps for my mods. :)

@smackdown; you could always randomly generate a map

by the way, like the avatar, lol

TETurkhan said:
azazel93 - you are right, there are less resources. I never made a C3C version of the 256x256 world map and I never intended to (was only going to make the 362x362 one C3C compatible). So this was a bit of a rush job on the '256' map. As I suggested earlier, IF anyone can, please look over the maps and let me know of ANY problems - I will be more than happy to fix it up - just don't have the time. So again all of you, go through take a look at all 3 m aps and let me know-thanks! :)

EddyG17 & Jaguar - You two are right on the money. That is exactly what I am doing. ;)

Just to let you know, i was looking at the 256x256 world map, and noticed that there were some white "stains" near northern italy, and in other places on the map, these were definantly not the placement of saltpeter though, they appear to be running along the edges of some other terrain tiles. just thought id let you know. :)

azazel93 said:
@smackdown; you could always randomly generate a map

by the way, like the avatar, lol

LOL, thanks. The Import worked and now I have a gigantic map to play my next game on! :D

Thanks for your help.

Well, its sort of hard to play on as it is... Its VERY big. ;) I downloaded to play on the day you posted it. I was discouraged to see it didn't have the navigable rivers I was expecting.

I imported Rhye's rules to play on it... I quickly learned that the reserouces just weren't going to be right with Rhye's rules, so I had to abandon that game.

Looking at it in the editor, I was contemplating doing my own resrouces placement, but then I got distracted by something and never really got around to playing it more. ;)

Its just not the same without the TET rules and funky resources like Buddhist/Islamic Relics to try to claim. Thats what I miss about the PTW version... At any rate, I didn't see anything WRONG with the map. Resources seemed sparse, but I imagine that's mostly because it doesn't include the TET-specific resources yet... Mostly the map jusdt makes me anxious for the release of the new mod and I want to hold off playing on it or learning too much about it until I can do that ;)

I think today I'm going to import v1.93's rules and make settlers unbuildable, but start off with 2 rather than one, I hope my comp will be able to play a 362x362 with only 62 cities. I'll see how it goes :)

TETurkhan said:
Not as much feed back on the new world map as I had hoped. Likes -Dislikes? Recommendations etc would be appreciated.

Hey TETurkhan, I imported just the map using my own units, stats and rules.
I will get to playing on it when I'm done my current game but from the looks of it there will be more of a challenge for sure as the computer will actually start off and build their cities together since there is so much space now.
Using the Saudi Arabian area as the example it looks like the Arabs could place at least 8 cities or more without city square interference while on Kal El's map (the largest I think, 182*182 or something) you were lucky if you got Mecca, Medina and Damascus on there without interference. In Kal El's map the computer in Europe and other areas where start locations are close would build their capitals and then have no more room to build anymore cities so they would all send settlers all over and end up have a very fragmented civilization which makes it easier for the human player which would just take over a close by neighbor in order to expand the size of their civ, no one would want a fragmented empire. The computer in certain areas would suffer a disadvantage.
Your map should avoid this as it is so large, even in europe there will be tonnes of cities. Although the load time will be huge I can just tell. :(

I have been playing a game as the Indians, their starting position is just too perfect. Delhi becomes a 4-turn settler factory in despotism and a 3-turn factory in Monarchy, and I have filled up the entire Indian subcontinent as well as swallowing up the cities of some neighbouring middle eastern civs...the map itself is just fantastic. I love huge maps and I love historically accurate maps, and I am having a LOT of fun with this. The only drawback is the interturn time - it is steadily increasing. Averaging about 5 minutes right now and we are about halfway through the middle ages. This is on a 2.4Ghz Celeron with 512 MB of RAM...

I do have a question...what is the idea of making settlers unable to settle hills, jungle, desert or forest? Is it to avoid reaching the hard-coded cities limit?

Top Bottom