Text and translations

Thanks Merri. New file added in the latest SVN, that needs Finish tags added. Also I haven't implemented your updated text because All of the Finish tags are on the same line as the spanish tags. Could you fix that, as well as fix the text file in this attachement and reupload?

Thanks Merri, updated.

A way you could really help out is to get RevDCM on a Finish standard, so that new additions will have the tags, and will be easy to cross check with LoR's files when RevDCM is updated. Now would be the perfect time to do that, as RevDCM is nearing a new version release.

Here is the latest RevDCM SVN text files.

Thanks achilleszero, those entries have been added to the current test build. Constantine's really needs to be improved though.

We really need civilopedia text for some of the new leaders, and also for the Strategic trait if anyone, especially Alsark is interested. The current test build can be found at the top of the complete list of download mirrors.

Also We need lots of music for the added leaderheads. So please suggest some if you have any ideas.

Complete list of LoR download mirrors

Hm... so who are the new leaders now? Heraclius, Constantine, and Trung? Then we need something on the Strategic trait written? I really haven't had time to keep up to date, unfortunately, so I don't have much of an idea of what is going on right now.

[ranting about being busy]This week and really next week is no good for me (in fact, any more, no week is good for me :/). Now that school has started I am almost always either at school, at work, or at home doing homework or studying for school. Today I have two tests, Saturday I will be out of town, Sunday I will be studying for my two Monday tests, and Monday and Tuesday will be spent working on a research paper for Wednesday. If I have time open up after Wednesday I can try to tackle some of this, but I also then have a test that coming Friday (I have one every Friday) as well as online quizzes and tests. So I can try to tackle it bit by bit, but honestly, you might be waiting awhile on me.[/ranting about being busy]

The best approach might be to just more or less copy entries for the new leaders from Wikipedia or something of the sort for now. Then, when I finally do have time, I can go through and trim the articles down and put it into my own wording so that it's not so cut-and-paste. Obviously this cannot be done for the Stategic trait. I can write one up (shouldn't take long), but I don't even know what the trait does.

OK. If you do find yourself with extra time, just pick up the test build, flip through the civilopedia, and write up whatever you feel like doing that's missing. If you don't have time, you don't have time, I'll go through and do some copying and pasting from wikipedia, that's what I did before, most of the legends are wikipedia entries so it'll work. Your write ups are better, but school and work and girlfriends should take priority over modding if your time is limited.

Hm... so who are the new leaders now? Heraclius, Constantine, and Trung? Then we need something on the Strategic trait written? I really haven't had time to keep up to date, unfortunately, so I don't have much of an idea of what is going on right now.

There are a bunch of new leaders at the moment due to the new trait.
  1. Constantine
  2. Heraclius
  3. Trung
  4. Logan
  5. Johan de Witt
  6. Henry the Navigator
  7. Dido
  8. Smoke Jaguar
  9. Halie Selassie
  10. Gustav Vasa
Constantine will be for both Byzantine and Rome. Logan (iroquois) already has a entry from Colonization so its probably good enough already. Several of them already have meager entries in the 0.97test build so maybe to cut down your work you could just amend them, but many like Constantine probably need wholly new entries.

Also still looking for maybe another leader or two. There are still empty trait slots, but we are running low on 1st tier LH art. So if you know any that are good (and epic in real life) let us know. Id like, instead of Vasa to have someone like Canute or someone from the actual age of Vikings. But the Gustav Lh is topnotch so it might be what we have to go with.

girlfriends

Haha, yep - plural.

Alright, thanks for the list, Achilles! I don't even know some of those people, heh. I'll definitely try to get some started once I have more time. Unfortunately every week is pretty busy (just some more than others). I know it's a ways away, but I'll definitely be able to better amend some profiles during winter break (I doubt I'll have too much exciting going on then, to be honest).

Hello there,

I play the game in german and I already did an almost complete translation into german, since the translations which have obviously been made by a computer are not understandable at all. If there is any interest to these translations please post.

Heinli, there would have been for sure. But someone just did this, sorry you've done so much work on it to now have it been done by another user. There may be some German stuff missing though, so if you do have any translations you want to improve, please upload the text, and I'll add it in. Check out the newest build, just released today (0.9.7), German should be pretty much completely translated in it, as well as Spanish.

Well I took a look at it and the revolution parts are translated well, but some parts arn't translated at all, just like the new units, buildings, legends, technologies and the sevopedia. I translated those, too.
And some more things have been added since the last version, I don't know how far these are translated.

Cool, I'd greatly apreciate your translations. Do you have them incorporated in the text XML? If you have them in the XML that would be awesome, as I can just update the files. If not we can figure something out, it's definatly a goal of mine to get as much of the non English working as possible.

I did incorporate it in the xml and its all working in the game.
I had to make some changes in the civ4unitinfo.xml, since some of the descriptions have not been connected to a TXT_KEY_NAME but instead the english name was written as describtion in to the civ4unitinfo.sml. The same with one building, some techs and some promotions. So I changed that and I created an all nem xml for those units, techs, buildings and promotions. But I only put english and german language into that file, all other languages still have the english text.
Then I translated some of the already existing files, not all yet, but I can continue working on that.

Cool, upload the files and your translations will be incorporated into the next update. Thanks for doing this btw, I've really wanted to get all the translations in. Seems you Germans are on the ball here, two people have done German translations, and other then Finnish (which doesn't even exist in main Civ4 languages), no other users have added translations for other languages. If there are any French, Italian, or Spanish speakers that want to put up translations, I'll add them. Other languages too for that matter (Finnish has been added, because Merri did the work to add it in, I can add in Portugese, or Hongul as well if someone adds them in like Merri has with Finnish).

The problem with my translations is that I translated the xml files of version 0.9.6c, but those don't have the spanish translation in it unlike the xml files of version 0.9.7.
You don't have a programm that can extract the german translations I made and put them into the new xml files?

To get all translating boosted up, it would be great if the xml files could be sorted, so that there would be one file with the unit names in it, and one with the strategies and so on. Right now everything is messed up quit a bit and translating correctly is realls hard.

Another issue is the translation of the dynamicCivNamesMod, since it works fine in english, but just translating into german gives a weird usage of language. All other languages but english distinguish adjectives from singular and plural, and from male, female and (in german) neutral. If that could be incorporated into the mod it would be great.

The problem with my translations is that I translated the xml files of version 0.9.6c, but those don't have the spanish translation in it unlike the xml files of version 0.9.7.
You don't have a programm that can extract the german translations I made and put them into the new xml files?
I don't, but Winmerge is usually pretty good. Anyway upload what you have and I'll work on it. Of course if you want to, feel free to merge in your translations into the 0.9.7 build that'll save me time, which I'd apreciate. I do really want to get LoR fully translated in german though, so if you have the translations I definatly want them, there are alot of German speackers that would like to have the game play in German without having English words and phrases sneaking in here and there.

I have just installed the current version of LoR. I wanted to play in German but there are many translations missing (i.e. tech "seafaring" and "Austrian Empire"...). It seems like nothing of the added stuff is translated. Are there problems with the CivDeutsch installation? Is this required as a prerequesite? Thanks for any help!

PS: I havent been following this thread, so maybe my question has been answered ... ?

Hello Clausewitz (I write in english so that all the non-germans can read it, too)

The german translations that were mentioned are just the translations of the revolutions part.
I am working on getting translations for the unit names and a lot of other stuff into the game. So you just have to wait or to start translating on your own, but that will take some time.

To phungus:

I downloaded winmerge and its really good. Now give me some time to check all xml files so that there will be no problems.
By the way: the new version does have spanish text incorporated, but all the finnish translations of the older version have been replaced by the english text. I will fix that, too, so that the next version will have spanish, german and finnish translations.

Top Bottom