Text and translations

Hi to all
I just wish to contribute a little to this amazing mod ;)

There are some file with revisions or corrections of <Italian> translated text, merged with those posted by Snofru1

• Advanced Combat Odds Options.xml
  • AdvancedCombatOdds_CIV4GameText.xml
  • Autolog_CIV4GameText.xml
  • BUG_CIV4GameText.xml
  • BUGOptions_CIV4GameText.xml
  • Bull Misc Hovers Options.xml
  • BULL_CIV4GameText.xml
  • CIV4DiplomacyText_LoR_Leaders.xml
  • CIV4GameText_Objects_BTS.xml (incomplete)
  • New Text.xml

I'll try to complete all files posted by phungus for the v. 0.9.8, maybe in the holydays..
Please check if there is something wrong, for me this is the first try to a game translation

Ciao

Attachments

• Italian.zip
    245.6 KB · Views: 108
Thanks Gaplus. I have just finished uploading the 0.9.8 builds to a couple sites, so these revisions just barely missed inclusion in the latest build. I will however merge these in the SVN shortly, so they will be included in the next update. I will also try to create an Italian patch with your translations for users who want it, this may take me a bit though, as I will want to rewrite my patch script.

@Italian speakers:

Here is a patch for LoR 0.9.8 that applies Gaplus's Italian translations. Simply download and install to implement the Italian translations:

I have done another translation to german:

CIV4GameText_BTS.xml

Phungus, you might add this to a future release whenever you like (of course).

Remarks:
  • This does include the Italian translation by Gaplus.
  • I have repaired one text where Italian was intermixed in the German section and some English remained in the Italian :crazyeye: .
  • I have seen that at least some Italian translations still are missing.

Still missing German translations are:

CIV4GameText_Civilopedia_Units.xml
CIV4GameText_Civilopedia_BTS.xml
CIV4GameText_Strategy.xml

I won´t translate those as I don´t know many of the military terms, especially concerning units. I also believe that some remaining English texts in the Civilopedia and Strategy section are not critical...

BTW: I have seen that it is quite tedious just to do some simple translations so I realized what tremendous work Phungus and other mod makers are doing. Once more thank you!

Added your translations to the 0.9.8a patch.

There were some errors in the XML. They are fixed now in the updated 0.9.8a patch. This patch only has Italian and some German translations, so it's only really useful for Italian and German speakers. However it wol't hurt to download and apply it regardless.

Legends of Revolution 0.9.8a patch -translations

Sorry, was too busy today to make any real progress. So no translations.

Phungus, are there any leaders in need of Civilopedia entries written? I remember you saying that the Trung Trac was going to be added. Is there anybody else scheduled to be added?

It's good to see you still around Alsark. To answer your questions, Yes, definitely. I'm going to be pulling a few leaders that are in this test build:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/legends-of-revolution/downloads/na5

Namely:
  • Constantine -While he has a civilopedia write up, it's pretty lame. It also emphasizes his theological role while uterly ignoring his historical role. While he is important to the Christian Church he is also an important to secular history as well, and that should be adressed in his write up.
  • Heraclius
  • Johan de Witt
  • Trung Trac

There will also be a few others. I will start adding new leaders into the SVN sometime next week, and should have a good idea for the final leader list of LoR by the new year.

It's good to see you still around Alsark. To answer your questions, Yes, definitely. I'm going to be pulling a few leaders that are in this test build:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/legends-of-revolution/downloads/na5

Namely:
  • Constantine -While he has a civilopedia write up, it's pretty lame. It also emphasizes his theological role while uterly ignoring his historical role. While he is important to the Christian Church he is also an important to secular history as well, and that should be adressed in his write up.
  • Heraclius
  • Johan de Witt
  • Trung Trac

There will also be a few others. I will start adding new leaders into the SVN sometime next week, and should have a good idea for the final leader list of LoR by the new year.

Thanks. I already have Trung Trac done (the Civilopedia entry I have more talks about the sisters as a whole since it's hard to find info about Trung Trac specifically), and I'll be working on those other three throughout the day.

Could you possibly upload the leaderhead file of the 0.9.7d test build alone? I currently have 0.9.8, so it seems like somewhat of a step backwards to download the entire file and install it just for the leaderhead file. Once I have that I can add in the entries for those four and send them over.

I could do some Spanish and German translations :thumbsup: I can't do DynamicCivNames or anything like that though...and I think that's what y'all're looking for...

I just converted the Revolution Init pop up to an XML game text loading format, rather then having the text hardcoded in the python. If anyone wants to do translations for it, here it is:

I just converted the Revolution Init pop up to an XML game text loading format, rather then having the text hardcoded in the python. If anyone wants to do translations for it, here it is:
Here we go with the German translation, thank you, Phungus, for providing the text!

The one thing that I still can´t find are the mouse-over texts...

BTW: Why is my attachment 3.3 KB and yours 19.9 KB? I zipped with the function in Windows Vista...

What mouse over texts? The difference in size is because I just chose "store" for compression method, because it's a tiny file anyway.

What mouse over texts? The difference in size is because I just chose "store" for compression method, because it's a tiny file anyway.
I mean in the BUG options (the ones you reach after pressing alt-ctrl-o) on the RevDCM page. I thought the translations I have posted yesterday were for this page.
Anyway, if you move the mouse over this page all tips are in English while all the other BUG options are fully translated.

PS: This is my first post in 2010, Happy New Year and successful modding!

Had to create a new text file for those. Here is the new file:

I missunderstood how BUG loaded text for the options. I had to recreate the file, sorry about that.

Both; I try to incorporate stuff I do for LoR into RevDCM, if appropriate and it makes sense. Of course if a change alters an established game rule (ie changes something in default BtS that is currently the same in BtS and RevDCM, or radically alters an established RevDCM gamerule or mechanic), I will not port the mod into RevDCM and keep it to LoR only. Translations don't change anything in the game rules, and so will pretty much always be incorporated into the RevDCM core.

Excellent!

Here are the translations to German. I have also corrected 2 typos in Revolution_Init_CIV4GameText.xml and have included that once again.

Looking out of my window I see that a lot of snow has been falling, quite unusual in this part of Germany. Good thing that I have finished the translation, looks like I need to clear some walk- and driveways in front of the house :) ...

Top Bottom