Thanks to the production team for making changes in a day or so and fooling us fools

zhugejingqi

Chieftain
The insincere August thriller update is meaningless and boring. The person in charge should be criticized.

(Almost) Nobody was with me when I critisized the update in the advertisement video. Wait for the patch notes they said....

Well, by looking at the title of the thread, I thought this thread was somehow about someone having possibly found out that the presence of Venice as a city state in yesterday's livestream was just a ruse - "changes by production team in one day" to throw us off and that there was still some hope for Italy to appear in Civ6.
Looks like the last strands of hope I've been clutching on to for Italy in NFP have taken over me!

Last edited:
It seems like a pretty reasonable patch to me.
If people look at the June patch then they will know these in-between updates are not supposed to be like 3 pages long. We have these updates and when new civs get rolled out, we have updates at that point too, so instead of a big patch once every 3-4 months like before, we have smaller ones every month. But since this is the Internet, everyone feels more entitled to complain about something/someone else rather than actually get themselves updated for once.

I don't like their attitude.If you don't like wonders, turn them off. We can't fix the bug of work ethics. You should regard it as a bad taste. And Venice, it's all red herring.There's a bunch of bugs that haven't been fixed.Yes, it's free.I use the network which is not fast, and it only takes a few seconds to complete the update. What good content can I have?

Yeah exactly what DogeEricoDandolo wrote.

We are getting MONTHLY patches so of course they arent as large as the ones that came only few times a year.

So the dramatic reactions to shorter patch notes look silly.

Yeah exactly what DogeEricoDandolo wrote.

We are getting MONTHLY patches so of course they arent as large as the ones that came only few times a year.

So the dramatic reactions to shorter patch notes look silly.

If people look at the June patch then they will know these in-between updates are not supposed to be like 3 pages long. We have these updates and when new civs get rolled out, we have updates at that point too, so instead of a big patch once every 3-4 months like before, we have smaller ones every month. But since this is the Internet, everyone feels more entitled to complain about something/someone else rather than actually get themselves updated for once.

While the undisclossed changes are potentially interesting, they are also potentially lazy inconsecuential stuff.

Lets be honest, the full patch looks like 2 days of work of an intern: Change some values in the in the amenity tables, put a small function with a random line in the code for the trees, some minor changes in the UI that add next to nothing and some tuning in some of the broken apocalypse mechanics to make them a bit less broken... Some other number tunning and ready to go.

This was advertised as a meaningful contet update in the season pass, and the team referred to this as having two major features added...

If this is not trying to advertise an empty featureless update as something worth a month of work for a AAA dev team dont know what it is.

It is only more frustrating, because the previous free update (like it or not) added a lot of new content. And it seems they put less and less effort in each subsequent patch of the pass.

This is not a dramatic reaction or complaining for the sake of it, this is just calling atention to a lazy careless work.

It’s also a free content patch, so I think many people tempered their expectations based on that alone.

For the paid DLC, I do have my thoughts and I wish we would see more honest to goodness Civ balance, but I’m not going to complain about vaguely interesting changes that didn’t cost me a bean.

Suspect this thread will be closed and moved to one of the threads designed for reactions to content but I couldn’t resist sticking my neb in lol

Change some values in the in the amenity tables, put a small function with a random line in the code for the trees, some minor changes in the UI that add next to nothing and some tuning of broke apocalypse mechanics to make them a bit less broken... Some other number tunning and ready to go.

Sure, let's just pretend that none of these changes actually need to be playtested and fine tuned or anything. I'm sure they just hopped on a computer on Monday and changed a few variables and shipped it out. :mischief:

You may not be excited about the random tech/civic trees, but I think that's a huge change to how the game is played. I'm very happy with this patch, especially since it's coming in one of the "off" months of NFP.

I don't like their attitude.If you don't like wonders, turn them off. We can't fix the bug of work ethics. You should regard it as a bad taste. And Venice, it's all red herring.
Well, you couldn't turn off wonders before, and they let you do it now, hence, the patch, so I'm really confused about part "If you don't like wonders, turn them off", because guess what, they literally just had a patch to let you do that. Regarding Venice, I can guarantee you it was intentional for them to reveal it at this moment. But to brand it as a red herring, as in Venice was just there in the stream to deceive the players and will never appear in game, is short sighted.
This was advertised as a meaningful contet update in the season pass, and the team referred to this as having two major features added...
Define "meaningful". If it means changes that affect the current landscape of the game, then even just one change is meaningful. No one ever marketed how big each patch in between is gonna be.
It is only more frustrating, because the previous free update (like it or not) added a lot of new content. And it seems they put less and less effort in each subsequent patch of the pass.
This is not a dramatic reaction or complain for the sake of it, this is just calling atention to a lazy careless work.
Not sure if you know this, but in order to establish a logical trend, you need 3 data points at least. This is the 2nd community update.
Calling this kind of complaint dramatic is an understatement. These updates are for everyone, whether you paid for NFP or not. Complaining about stuffs you get for free because you think you're entitled to something grand even when you don't have to pay anything is actually kinda sad to say the least.

I'm done with this thread, such a waste of time.

I don't care if it's closed.It's been a tough year for everyone. But this is not an excuse to do so.People don't like trivial and frequent changes.These changes don't even need to be broadcast live.

Sure, let's just pretend that none of these changes actually need to be playtested and fine tuned or anything. I'm sure they just hopped on a computer on Monday and changed a few variables and shipped it out. :mischief:

You may not be excited about the random tech/civic trees, but I think that's a huge change to how the game is played. I'm very happy with this patch, especially since it's coming in one of the "off" months of NFP.
Ha, yeah, i'm going to go into the file and change some numbers to something that sounds good at the time, i'm sure it will be fine.

It's only 1/12th of the whole content of the package (even less really), so I'm not sure what people were expecting.
The worst thing is that it is not a part of the paid pass. It is free. Can you imagine going off on the internet calling people lazy and "I don't like their attitude" when they work to give you FREE stuffs? I guess this is the internet so I kinda can imagine that.

Im not saying changes dont need to be playtested. But they are so small that I dont think they have being tested much. Which I also say based on the observation of how broken were the Aid requests and the volcano activity in the apocalypse mod in the first place, or how broken the DF penalty is, or how useless the sootsayer is. That reinforces my belief in they not using a lot of effort in the new content.

Also where is the new map they talked about yesterday?

Well, you couldn't turn off wonders before, and they let you do it now, hence, the patch, so I'm really confused about part "If you don't like wonders, turn them off", because guess what, they literally just had a patch to let you do that. Regarding Venice, I can guarantee you it was intentional for them to reveal it at this moment. But to brand it as a red herring, as in Venice was just there in the stream to deceive the players and will never appear in game, is short sighted.
What about professional ethics mistakes defined as taste?Please explain this definition earlier. A lot of the self righteous definition of garbage turns out to be a gross mistake, and we've been waiting for months without fixing it.

Top Bottom