[GS] That Black Death Scenario...

Just completed it on Deity. The easiest way is to look for the cities that are never afflicted by Plague, since they don't lose loyalty and you don't have to buying Plague doctors to counteract it. For England, this makes it quite easy, since the Plague never reaches Dublin. All you have to do is build up Dublin, conquer Cork early, and keep your army there until the Plague loyalty penalty has robbed you of your English cities. These should all have a campus, which you can now pillage. Free cities are reasonably well defended, so you'll lose pillaging units, but it hardly takes more than 3-4 pillaged campuses to finish the game by this stage. A couple of caravels should have been doing the rounds to give you gold from harbours. For France and Castile, the redoubt would be Parma, which is less favourable, but easy to conquer. Haven't looked into Germany on Deity, but I suspect Copenhagen might be plague-free as well, in which case the strategy would work there, too. Alternatively, concentrate on keeping one or two decent cities loyal with plague doctors, cut the others free, and pillage as much as possible.

You know, I recall Civ 4 had such amazing modders who changed the game in such incredibly different ways. As far as something like this, you'd think there'd be a modder out there who would simply work on something like adding a Walled District in base game with appropriate stats to do whatever. Civ6 modders aren't paid, but there really seems to be a lack of enthusiasm from prior games. I know very little about modding other than changing simple XML things and recognizing .sql files. Maybe Civ6 just made it too complicate to mod their game?

A lot of people will simply point at the lack of the DLL source code and not want to try. Others will try, but have different priorities (understandably, if you're invested in modding a game you have your own things to work on!). Historically, if people go "why can't a modder do this (for me)", at least in the communities I was once a part of (different game, different decade, even), we'd tell you to crack on yourself ;)

Three things that changed history were "Guns, Germs, and Steel". We have the guns and the steel.

Old World "European" vs New World civs were a crush due to the combination of the three.

Not to mention European settlers being wiped out by a combination of lightly armed warriors and tropical diseases.

Love the addition of this mechanic.

If added, the Sea dogs should also risk catch&spreading diseases..:smug:
Spoiler :
Prisoners the Swedes had captured from the Vladislav had carried relapsing fever which now spread widely amongst the Swedish crews at Sveaborg further impeding any chances of getting the fleet either ready to sail or ready to fight.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Hogland

Top Bottom