The Age of Despair

I rather Like a Blue/ black Color Scheme. Absolutly not red or balck which is too infernal.

I like your second to last selection, but it doesn't fit well with the rest of FFH leaderheads. (half body/head)

The last link, second to the right is perfect. It even has the souls for evil spirit magic.

The last link, second to the right is perfect. It even has the souls for evil spirit magic.

Okay, that one it is. I'll add him in proabaly today. (i hope to have a relaesable version of jsut the civs soon)

This certainly looks like its going to be a great mod-mod. Sorry to drag the thread back a few pages but on the topic of who kills Sirona, maybe Junil could be made the culprit. In his legalistic view, if she enters creation for whatever reason she would clearly be breaking the compact and the law would demand the godslayer be used against her. Maybe the corrupt bannor would carry out his command and kill her.

What exactly does it take for a God to fall? Do they have to betray their precept or just ally with Agares? If it's just the latter than this could be a way to get Junil to fall.

godslayer's still around? i figured it would have been lost after the age of ice. speaking of which, is it possible to get this in a normal game? i've never gotten far enough to see.

How would the godslayer be found? It appears that Auric wasn't quick enough to ascend and that would mean that Kylorin may still be around.

OT: It is sort of awesome that Junil's archangel :crazyeye:;) is trying to bring on the Age of Despair.

What about the Grigori?
I think Casiel would oncemore see, that religous believe has brougt hell over Erebus.
It would be cool, if you could make the Grigori a militant antireligous civ, with the goal to destroy all religions and their believers on Erebus.

A Fallen Cassiel, Twisted to have a hatred towards all religion (as opposed to his natural percept of balance...) what do people think?

I'm nuetral on this one.

I oppose it. Cassiel is not the type to fall into any such extremism. Besides, I tend to think that Auric would have already murdered Cassiel by this time.

It is however possible that Cassiel's martyrdom inspired some who didn't really understand his philosophy to take it too far and to establish an atheistic inquisition of sorts.

I'm honestly surprised that no one thought to include the Lurchip in this post Armageddon world, I mean they are one of the more resilient races that can survive an Armageddon scenario. Well, granted not wholly...

What I'm picturing is a Luichurp Empire led by a neutral Baranxes. And an empire made up exclusively of golems. Who knows the politics of what is essentially a mechanized empire? I imagine a rather ruthless society who cares more about meeting quotas and expanding then fighting the Infernal.

Mechanically I see what is rather alot like what the Infernal are like now, with absolute disregard for happiness and healthiness, and populations that are produced rather than fed. No great people, no magic casters, no religions, just factories, and golems upon golems.

I'm honestly surprised that no one thought to include the Lurchip in this post Armageddon world, I mean they are one of the more resilient races that can survive an Armageddon scenario. Well, granted not wholly...

What I'm picturing is a Luichurp Empire led by a neutral Baranxes. And an empire made up exclusively of golems. Who knows the politics of what is essentially a mechanized empire? I imagine a rather ruthless society who cares more about meeting quotas and expanding then fighting the Infernal.

Mechanically I see what is rather alot like what the Infernal are like now, with absolute disregard for happiness and healthiness, and populations that are produced rather than fed. No great people, no magic casters, no religions, just factories, and golems upon golems.

Like it. Especially because the luchuip have such an interesting synergy with armageddon anyway.

That synergy is what partially inspired the idea in the first place.

The olny problem i could see with this civ idea is that golems are supposed to be magical constructs, and golems don't have the spark. Of course this doesn't stop them from casting fireballs...

It could be that these golems are completely mechanical. I don't know how far along the Luchuip were when the Age of Dispair hits, but I do know that Clockwork Golems suggest a mechanical aptitude among the Luchuip.

I like it too... A sort of "ghostlike" civilization... nothing living anymore but the golems continue working and creating more, under the guide of barnaxus... (actually, this might work better as an Event)

Acutally, Can somenoe go through this thread and find all the Civ suggestions that aren't in the first post?

Also, Question:

does barnaxus have the Spark? he certainly is Sentient, but i don't see how mulcarn could have given him a soul, unless he bound someone else's dead soul to the Golem

I'm a little unclear as to what you mean as far as an event is concerned. That Barnaxus'es guidance is an event or the whole civilization is just an event?

More ideas:
Civ hero: The Mithril Golem.
Cast down during the climax of Armageddon, Kilmorph's greatest gift was quickly lost among the chaos of the times. However Barnaxus seeks to rebuild the Mithril Golem and take it as his new body.
The way I see this one working out is that the hero is assembled much like how a civilization's spaceship is assembled in the main game, modularly. In fact what might be cool is that one could decide on different parts to use. Do you want a sword arm? Or bolt-throwing launcher instead? Are you going to invest in those sturdy legs, or go for the quick model? Depending on what parts you use, you can get very different results.
Who knows? Maybe you can scavange the map for especially powerful pieces of the original, whom others will value as important sources of mithril.

civ leader: Barnaxus
Leader! Visionary! Snappy Dresser! Barnaxus would unique in that he would be totally without bias. Hyborian? No problem. Follower of Kilmorph? Who cares? Barnaxus dosen't.
I imagine Barnaxus as the kind of leader whom you could have fought a war with for 200 turns, declare peace, and ready to make an alliance next turn. No matter what happens he would have no modifiers toward, or against anyone. Valladia wishes she were this even. As far for actual traits go I'm leaning towards industrial and something else.

Top Bottom