The Age of Navalism, 1890-1918

You never seize to amaze Delta.
I´ll be waiting for those Light Cruiser, to be able to fill in more units for AoI.

Thanks for the info mate

I found out that the Town-class could be used as the Spanish Reina Victoria Eugenia in AOI since that looked like a Town-class cruiser.
The C-class cruisers indeed was similar to another spanish cruiser used in AOI, the Blas de Leo.
So I can kill 4 birds with 2 stones in upgrading AOI.

Any other Royal Navy light cruisers on the horizon ?

That is it for Light Cruisers just have to wait to see what pops out.

Update: Queen Mary and Indefatigable Class Battlecruisers have been added to the database. Preview Below:

Spoiler :

Great Queen indeed. The AOI fills up on the BC front.
Thanks a million

As a strange fact I just saw (yesterday) an old part of the serie "Reilly" (the spy played by Sam Neill) on the telly. It was a sale of BCs to the Russians and the brits was trying to sell off the Queen Mary, but intrigue by Reilly got the Russians to go for a Bloom and Voss BC.

Well you might have seen it. It´s very very old, but it was a strange coincidence indeed.

The following have been added to the database: Drake Class Armoured Cruiser, Monmouth Class Armoured Cruiser, Devonshire Class Armoured Cruiser, Duke of Edinburgh Class Armoured Cruiser, and Minotaur Class Armoured Cruiser. Preview Below:

Spoiler :

I think the Drake was the most efficient for its armament but wow the Minotaur? Just not good with so many heavy turrets sporting only single barrels. what were they thinking? The designers could have saved a lot of weight be double and trippling up the barrels and distributing that same weight for a little extra armor that I know those cruisers did not have.

Update: Last British battlecruiser HMS Renown added to the database. In addition Arethusa Class Light Cruiser (WWI), Weymouth Class Light Cruiser, Birmingham Class Light Cruiser and Bristol Class Light Cruiser have been added. Preview Below:

Spoiler :

Having admired your new great ships in the form of US Heavy Cruisers I can´t but ask if something will soon happend to complement these.

I was thinking on US Armoured Cruisers like the USS Pennsylvania (ACR-4) or the earlier USS Brooklyn in the Spanish War.
Whatever ships that looked so nice.

I´m not sure which sailed with the Great White Fleet, but I do hope you got one of these very nice Armored Cruisers to bolster the early US Steel Navy.
Wyrmshadow made the protected cruiser Olympia some time ago, but an Armoured cruiser in the same white armor would be great indeed.

Attachments

• uss_pa_1905.jpg
    uss_pa_1905.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 100
  • uss_brooklyn.jpg
    uss_brooklyn.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 62
I was thinking on US Armoured Cruisers like the USS Pennsylvania (ACR-4) or the earlier USS Brooklyn in the Spanish War.

Me too!:)

Having admired your new great ships in the form of US Heavy Cruisers I can´t but ask if something will soon happend to complement these.

I´m not sure which sailed with the Great White Fleet, but I do hope you got one of these very nice Armored Cruisers to bolster the early US Steel Navy.
Wyrmshadow made the protected cruiser Olympia some time ago, but an Armoured cruiser in the same white armor would be great indeed.

The US Naval Historical Center has available for online download at the following website:

http://www.history.navy.mil/nhc6.htm

the following book. As a government publication, it would be in the public domain.

The World Cruise of the Great White Fleet: Celebrating 100 Years of Global Partnerships and Security, Michael J. Crawford, editor. Washington: Naval History & Heritage Command, 2008. GPO Stock No. 008-046-00245-2, ISBN 978-0-945274-59-9. Case bound, $46.
Order from the Government Printing Office bookstore. Available in PDF (4.5MB)

Update: Much requested U-boat and a few more to come at that! This one is the Type UB I. Preview Below:

Spoiler :

The first WWI submarine for Civ 3! Thank you very much! :clap::goodjob:

Update: Much requested U-boat and a few more to come at that! This one is the Type UB I. Preview Below:

Spoiler :

Greetings, Delta Strife. As you are now doing WW1 submarines, would you consider doing the merchant submarine Deutschland and possibly the UK M-class monitor subs with the 12 inch gun? Having a cargo sub in the game might prove very interesting.

Top Bottom