The battle system about this game?

Yes, I meant a settler factory. I didn't know if you had cleared your continent. Sounds like you have.

Caveat: I've never had a diplo victory. That said, what I had in mind was a massive invade & replace strategy to take you to the domination limit. You could do it on the other continent, but it might be a headache.

If all of your opponents are fighting for land on the other continent, it sounds like you either need to invade & burn down the UN (but like I said, I don't know what effect that would have on the voting process), OR you could just try bribing the other civs into voting for you. Personally, I'd try to capture & raze the UN.

As far as SS parts, you can either sabotage production, or start a war. I think that if you start killing enough of its units, it'll build replacements rather than SS parts.

If you do start a war, either with the civ with the UN or with the SS-building civ, consider starting a dogpile. See if you can get the two to kill each other. At the very least, that should change the odds in the UN vote, right?

capture the UN and you stop it. As for sabotaging the spaceship: Capture the capital! Thats the main construction site. Then they have to start over.

If there is no time conquering a whole nation, its OK to just send a stack of doom directly to these target cities.

For future games, the best way to deal with these problems is to do better in the early turns, cause you should have been able to reach a sure winning position before the modern age.

capture the UN and you stop it. As for sabotaging the spaceship: Capture the capital! Thats the main construction site. Then they have to start over.

Thanks, MAS. I razed the UN city in my last game, but I won the game soon after doing so, so I wasn't sure about whether the vote had been stopped, or I'd just finished everyone off before it could be hheld.

Good point about the SS parts. I'd forgotten that.

by the way,any comment about that amphibious bug?

If you're talking about the galley attacking the city, I did comment:

Yeah, I think that's a pretty well-known bug, though I've never seen it myself.

Good luck.

I have another question,i'm currenly using Rome,by the time i reasearched feudalism,i can no longer build legionaries,the game is forcing me to build the actually more inferior medieval infantry with extra cost,(the extra cost is the real problem)is there anyway you can build the previous unit?

Yes i had,the GA was triggered with a single fight from my legionary.I currenly swarms nearby civs with my legionary(for the cheap cost and high defense),but after i reasearch feudalism,it hurts my warmongering ability,the medieval infantry has no chance compare to the cheap cost legionary has.

Wait... Medieval Infantry's have 4 attack. That's one better than Legionary. So it isn't too bad.

I like the Legionary, but Aceman's right. IIRC, MDI are 4.2.1 @ 40 shields, while the Legionary is 3.3.1 @ 30 shields. The extra defensive point is nice, but the extra offensive point for MDI is more valuable. As to swarming the enemy with cheap, high-defense units, I think you'd be better off swarming them with cheap, high-offense units.

Your right about the offense,but since i'm in republic,i can't afford city being taken back,i'm using legionary as both swordsman and pikemen.some of my city can pump out legionary in 10 turns,but by the time medieval infantry avaliable,it increases to 14,in the early game,some extra shield does slow down.anyways,i think i'll just have to stick with the game system,but it really sucks though that you can built older unit:(

Yes, I meant a settler factory. I didn't know if you had cleared your continent. Sounds like you have.

Oh i forgot mention one thing Aabraxan,about the settler factory,there is something really weird.

One of the guide in academy says that you need 5 surplus food to do the trick,but what happen to my factory is that,i actually need 10 surplus food to do so.

20 surplus for 1 pop,40 for 2 pop,and i had the ganary.is that a bug?here is a picture

Spoiler :

Oh i forgot mention one thing Aabraxan,about the settler factory,there is something really weird.

One of the guide in academy says that you need 5 surplus food to do the trick,but what happen to my factory is that,i actually need 10 surplus food to do so.

20 surplus for 1 pop,40 for 2 pop,and i had the ganary.is that a bug?here is a picture

Spoiler :

There's no bug; your population is too high (8, from the looks of your pic). Smaller cities (i.e. towns, 6 pop or less) require less stored food to grow. The point of the trick is to ensure that the city never exceeds a population of 6, yet still be able to produce either 5 surplus food + 7~8 shields (4-turn settler factory) or 4~5 surplus food + 6 Shields per turn (5-turn settler factory). That's why bonus resources are so important to a settler factory: it's really difficult for a 5~6 pop town to make that kind of production without wheat/game/cows.

Re-read the article more carefully, as it looks like you're missing the point of it.

if thats the case,what is the exact number of pop you start with the factory?4or5?it can't be 6,or else it will grow to 7 in the 3rd turn which make it a city.

Zibong's hit the nail on the head. When your cities grows to size 7, the amount of food necessary for growth changes. The exact number of people that you want to start with depends, in large part, on the terrain. How many laborers does it take to generate the food and shields necessary to operate it smoothly? Settler factories can be tricky, but they are also very powerful. I'd suggest that you go back and re-read every article in the War Academy on settler factories.

Yeah,this game is really complicated,when i first started this game weeks ago,i wasn't even sure what i'm doing,for example:i never know that labor can be managed,don't get the idea about resourse(i thought resourses was suppose to be gatherd like the RTS game),my cities was all disconnected because i simply don't know what road is for,and many other simple mistakes,i just barely learned how to play this game NORMALLY after a week or two spent by reading the in-game civilopedia before knowing this site.and yet still alot to learn even now,the highest difficulty i can handle now is below emperor.

One point is sometimes overlooked by players new to settler factories. It's alright to allow your town to grow to size 7 IF the settler will finish on the very same turn that it grows.

Example: If your town shows growth (to size 7) in 2 AND settler in 2, they will both occur on the same IBT, and the pop will drop back to 5 without emptying the other half of the granary. This is often how a factory operates when starting the cycle at pop 5.

I got the idea about the settler factory now.

I have another question,is there any utility avaliable here that is capable of editing victory condition for a save file if you just accidentally set the condition wrong in the beginning instead of restarting the game?(of course for conquest ver.1.22)

I looked into the library in the utility section of the forum,i saw some save game editor,but i think its out of date aready,is there any for conquest?

Top Bottom