Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the rook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • davemcw

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • multineer

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
You left Sisiutil out, and he's contributed a lot to the understanding of the game, and you've also left Unconquered Sun out, who showed some of the earliest liberalism dates and mowed down the AI with impressive tech early on. (i.e. tanks in the beginning of second millennium CE)

You've left out Attacko who time and time again has demonstrated the well hidden power of Ice Archers and Amphibious WE's :rolleyes:

I'm not going to vote, because it's impossible to know and strongly dependent on settings. I like that I get my abbreviated form in the poll :p. Mutineer might not like that name swap ;).

Edit: Some players who are obviously better at single player without turn limits than I am that are on the list:

Unconquered_Sun (he surely does take his time, but the results are as good as they get)
ABigCivFan - Not active now, but consistently won deity games here for years
Rusten - Also hosted several deity walkthroughs in strategy + tips and played/won other deity games easily. 700 AD rifles in HoF with peter
Lexad - Has some of the earliest HoF culture wins ever, but has performed well in deity XOTM, also
Jesusin - Master culture player and has written the best guide on it I've seen
Jeffa - One of the fastest players to reach dominance in XOTM, elite play on all levels, and people never really talk about him.
Sun Tzu Wu - Better known to HoF play, but he can put up #'s in standard games at deity...and not just with the AP.
WastinTime - Good HoF player
Ironhead - One of the more prolific space racers
Oyzar - Known more to MP circles here, he is one of the most micro sound players I know and puts up times like U_Sun.

I could go on, too.

However, when you face all of these players off, game settings can mean a lot. Someone's best game from this list will beat anyone else who isn't playing well in that game. Turn timers, non-standard settings, and other options can skew things further

8 posts and no votes ;)

Do you mean the strat and tips forum? Or the whole of the CivIV forums?

No UnconqueredSun?

WastinTime is the current HoF QM champ but SunTzuWu has a perfect 200/200 gauntlet score (for winning 2 deity majors and minors).

And I'm not even in the poll for comedy value!

TMIT is a good player but yikes what a moaner! Teeny angst-tastic ;)

8 posts and no votes ;)

Do you mean the strat and tips forum? Or the whole of the CivIV forums?

No UnconqueredSun?

WastinTime is the current HoF QM champ but SunTzuWu has a perfect 200/200 gauntlet score (for winning 2 deity majors and minors).

And I'm not even in the poll for comedy value!

TMIT is a good player but yikes what a moaner! Teeny angst-tastic ;)

Hey now! I'm not going to argue with anything but that "angst" part. My persona is more "angrish" than "emo".

And Dave's best games are elsewhere, while Rusten/ABCF/U_Sun have detailed walkthroughs here for example.

U_Sun has walkthroughs here? I mean... I've searched for topics started by him and they were very few. Do you know of games other than the BOTM10 and the Justinian Universities? :D

Just you wait until you get the Emo random event!

A wandering minstrel has invented a new kind of music known as "Emo". It's causing quite a stir among the populace. (Pre-reqs: Music and must be running 0% culture)

Options:

* Get a dodgy haircut (-1 diplo with all civs)
* Sit in your room being miserable (-1 happiness in all cities permanently)
* Purge this godless heresy from our lands! (-2 pop in all cities, +1 happiness for 10 turns)
* Discover some proper music and lifestyle instead (requires Great Artist to be sacrificed). No other effect

EDIT: Hey guys make sure you check out the cool animations in my "Animations" thread in Arts & Entertainment forum.

Not voting on any of the above. If they are good at the game they already know this. They don't need a poll to tel them.

I would of added other as option.

I would've thought Voice of Unreason would be on a list like this. Iranon, too.

They have a hard time getting attention due to the # of games posted here (I don't think I've seen either actively participate in a S&T forum game), although they obviously know their stuff.

I would've thought Voice of Unreason would be on a list like this. Iranon, too.

well this is not an 'all time legend of civ4 list' .
i've just made the list of those who i think are great civvers as well as frequent posters (in short -influential) on strategy and tips forum since i've joined.
and it is ok if you don't wanna vote and undermine other players on the list:blush:.

i don't suppose there is a way to add more options in a poll ,is there?

You've left out Attacko who time and time again has demonstrated the well hidden power of Ice Archers and Amphibious WE's :rolleyes:

sorry , my bad.:lol:
on the other hand i think he was a player that deserved a league of his own ,above this stupid list of stupid players.:lol::mischief::rolleyes:

Snaaty could make a case as well...

I certainly don't belong on the list :lol:

The only thing I've done is post more Deity level games on the forums, I think, than anyone else.

Top Bottom