The case of the renegade flc!

On Yer Flour

Prince
:lol: So, I updated my vanilla Civ III to 1.29b2, and it works great - corrects an old bug I had, and doesn't introduce any new ones. Then, though, I encountered a problem. I attempted twice to make a backup copy of my Civ folder, and both times was told that
"The Finder cannot complete the operation because some data in "MO_C01.flc" could not be read or written.
(Error code -36)."
While this bug is not damaging my playing experience per se, I want to attempt some mods, and I'm not willing to risk doing it without a backup. Does anyone know anything about this? HALP!

The file is just the happy Mao leaderhead movie, and a reinstallation may resolve it. But error -36 is an I/O error, so maybe you have a faulty disk sector. It may not be the only one on your hard drive and/or there may be a worse failure of the hard drive waiting in the wings. I suggest you run a disk repair utility on your hard drive - Disk Utility->Repair Disk if you are on OS X - and see what it says.

The file is just the happy Mao leaderhead movie, and a reinstallation may resolve it. But error -36 is an I/O error, so maybe you have a faulty disk sector. It may not be the only one on your hard drive and/or there may be a worse failure of the hard drive waiting in the wings. I suggest you run a disk repair utility on your hard drive - Disk Utility->Repair Disk if you are on OS X - and see what it says.
Thank you! The utility did detect some damage, and unfortunately I got an error in the detection and repair process. I'll figure it out, though.

Top Bottom