The Chronicles of "18, but not on earth"

"After more or less solving the Ethiopia-India dispute, there is a new crisis on the horizon: It seems the Shafepche loyalists we banned centuries ago are not only still in existence, but they also increased their numbers by a considerable margin, despite living in a harsh climate with scarce food and the fact that they still uphold their ridiculous sheep worshiping traditions.
Our population is split into two factions, the welcomers want to invite them back into civilization, the killers want to cut off loose ends and kill them all. The people´s council decided after long hate-filled debates on a compromise: We welcome them back, but they have to serve us as slaves. That way everyone is happy, well except for the Shafepches of course, but who cares about them anyway? There are still some details up for discussion, but the overall plan for distribution is one third gets sent to Eridu, one is for the welcomers and the last one for the killers. I personally think for obvious reasons that the last third should consist of the old and weak, we don´t want to lose valuable work force to the mindless rage of some sheephaters."
- Statement of Gilgamesh Plinku on the new Shafepche crisis

"War! All hopes for an improving relation between the Sumerian and Ethiopian Empires have now been finally crushed by the treacherous raid of the road constructing workers between Uruk and Eridu, conducted by seemingly unstoppable hordes of murderous Axemen slaughtering men, women and children alike. The work troops did what they could do with their tools and clubs in desperate bravery, but they were hopelessly outmatched. As of now it is unknown whether any of the several hundred civilians actually survived the attack.
In light of this new crisis the people´s council has decided in unison (although they seem to be fewer than they used to, what with some of them suddenly disappearing one night) on giving emergency powers to the newly appointed Despot Gilgamesh Kaledo. In his first speech to the people of Uruk he openly vowed to take revenge upon the Ethiopian monsters, no matter the cost or how many centuries it may take. Further he initiated a massive deforestation and mining program for the surrounding hills and mountains in order to create enough weapons for every single citizen of Uruk if the Ethiopian army dares to try taking the city. They may have bronze weaponry, but they first have to march through vast plains, dense forests and steep mountains before they can be of any threat. Furthermore we have vastly superior numbers and the message of the Ethiopian slaughter has awakened a never before known lust for blood in this once pacifist city. Gilgamesh Kaledo has even proposed the liberation of any Shafepche slaves willing to fight for Sumer, therefore reintegrating the offspring of former traitors against the black threat.
Meanwhile ambassadors laden with lavish gifts consisting of the finest sheep products and modern pottery art are on the way to Indian lands in order to deeply apologize for not coming to help when they were attacked last century. After only now realizing the magnitude of the Ethiopian danger, they are hoping on forming an alliance in order to destroy it. This is also a message to all the unknown peoples out there, whoever you are if you are an enemy of Ethiopia you are a friend of Sumer!"
- Singer Omakur´s song about the Ethiopian treason

"Oh well seems they don´t attack after all. Must have something to do with my tactical genius. Good news slaves, you can go back home now, whether you want or not! And some of you bring me a drink while we´re at it, my personal slaves all wanted to volunteer but then they kinda... disappeared. Funny, huh? On a completely and totally unrelated note I want to congratulate the newly founded Archer Corps on their excellent results at their last target practice. I could swear some of the targets even moved, but not for long with that excellent aim of yours, Archers. I hereby declare that your group shall always be known as Gilgamesh´s Pride! For now I task you to head southwards to help the Rangers guarding our border in case the Ethiopians foolishly rethink their wise decision to run away like the little girls they really are! ... Mh? What do you mean it might not be wise to provoke our enemies like that? Hey I don´t have anything against little girls, in fact many of my best friends are little girls!
Weeeeeeeell I think that prooooooobably came out the wrong way. Let´s just end this speech right here, shall we? Alright and thank you my dearest subjects, you may leave now!"
- Gilgamesh Kaledo´s speech to the public on the Ethiopian cowardice

There once was an old English King who loved his war
He gathered his fighters to improve his score.
His Farms were all growing, his advisors all knowing

Two Kingdoms around but only one was found
The other so near, his people in fear

Yet the old King did nothing, his people grew wanting
Along came a Squire, someday a Knight for hire.
He sees his men ready, but the old king's hands no long that steady.

With a word of just that meant so much
He closed the door and he was their King no more.

Natuland the Squire was brave and the need so dire
accepted the Crown so the old King could retire.

There is no end to this story because there's no end to Glory
just go to your house and click your mouse
the turn will come and you'll have more Fun

Natuland says :)

There once was an old English King who loved his war
He gathered his fighters to improve his score.
His Farms were all growing, his advisors all knowing

Two Kingdoms around but only one was found
The other so near, his people in fear

Yet the old King did nothing, his people grew wanting
Along came a Squire, someday a Knight for hire.
He sees his men ready, but the old king's hands no long that steady.

With a word of just that meant so much
He closed the door and he was their King no more.

Natuland the Squire was brave and the need so dire
accepted the Crown so the old King could retire.

There is no end to this story because there's no end to Glory
just go to your house and click your mouse
the turn will come and you'll have more Fun

Natuland says :)

I like it a LOT!!! :goodjob:

From the Forest edge Shaka and Man with Hard Feet hears a cheering coming from a large Hut and they rush toward it.

In the large Hut, Eclipse is challenged by a strong Zulu Warrior to a game of Arm Wrestling. Both assuming they would be this Tribe’s Leader after winning this bout.
Their hands clasped, a young Zulu child hold them at the start, letting go and the test begins, the child pulls back his hand and Eclipse’s previously described strength returns throwing the Man against and threw the Grass wall.
Arriving simultaneously at the door he opens as the wall around it fell around them. From inside the Zulu people look at them eclipsing a morning sun rise, they immediately kneel to the Great Shaka.

Several of the strongest Zulu Warriors seize the one calling himself Eclipse, and a young Zulu child hands Shaka a combing mirror to look at his own face, those still kneeling look at Shaka and then to Eclipse and see the same face.
Man with Hard Feet takes a step back and can’t believe what he is seeing, he steps toward Eclipse and says Shaka? Eclipse responds YES but I am just calling myself Eclipse because we are starting a new way of life, a Settled Life, so I wanted a new name to start with. I am Shaka of course, he is also Shaka! Pointing at Shaka standing in the still standing door frame.

Just then a White Dove lands on the door frame and three large crows descend and with their talons, claw at Eclipse.
Behind Shaka the rest of the flock lands on the grassy plot. Shaka walks to Eclipse and asks him “who are you?”
The four warriors holding both Eclipse’s arm are suddenly thrown thirty feet in opposite directions, Black Crows fly and grab the flying men slowing their fall. Eclipse glares at Shaka and says “I am You”. Shaka not understanding what he meant looks around puzzled. The people stand and leave the three walled hut tossing something they each owned, a necklace of teeth, an arrow head at Shaka’s feet reassuring Shaka he was their chosen one and made their way at the start of this new day.

What do you mean I am you? I mean I am You but from a time so far away you wouldn’t understand. What’s this time? I am you but I am many thousands of years old, I’ve stood the Test of Time twice, once on Earth and once in Alpha Centauri. Shaka stares at him curiously but clearly is at a loss of what all this means grabs at Eclipse’s face like to remove a disguise. Eclipse responds with lightning quick reflexes tossing Shaka like a piece of jewelry at his feet.

Again the birds take flight and catch Shaka, the white Dove now afloat where Shaka was standing stops Eclipse from an advance. Eclipse recognizes that Shaka has the support of the birds wonders if he controls the Animals too, stands down and decides to explain rather than further fighting, that is if Shaka is willing. Back on the ground Shaka walks back to Eclipse and Eclipse says “I see a Wonder here” I am not your enemy, do not take this as a threat. I am here to help you actually. Help me? Shaka says.

Yes, Your Civilization didn’t make threw the Test of Time, at least not every time, I’m from one of those times, a Time Earth looked very different. Earth? Different? Shaka looks ever so confused. Eclipse says “You got anything for any of those Peace Pipes at your feet? Eclipse grabs the wall and stands it up in place. Shaka says how do you do that? That and tossing me and everyone else around like a black Crow’s Feather.
Eclipse smiles and says, the Future has many wondrous possibilities and it all depends on what you research now, which brings me here today. What brings you here asks Shaka. You appear to be claiming your villages and starting down the path of growing into an Empire but you are already going down the wrong path. I see your training more Impi than new Workers and Settlers are you ready for war? No just showing we can meet another growing Empire head on if needed Shaka said.
Which Empire? You don’t know the Romans are growing toward our lands at an alarming rate? Well you’ll need to get used to that Eclipse states. Let’s find a nice place and let us get acquainted, I’m not going anywhere soon :D

Shaka walks towards the birds on the grounds and raises his hands and they respond by flying away in every direction, he turns towards Eclipse and smiles knowing Eclipse is amazed at such an act.
How do you do that? Do what? Shaka replies. Make the birds respond to you. I really don't know honestly, its like they read my mind, yet I'm not thinking of anything, at least not until they appear. Anyway, you say your from the future, how am I to understand what that means? In due time, In due time my friend, first let me guide you toward a new path, a path that won't be easy but will set you up nicely for the immediate future. I'm listening says Shaka. First discover what each of your cities are best suited for, and choose one of them to train enough Settlers to fill our tiny Peninsula. After doing this, train your people to run, run faster than anyone you've ever seen, this will be your Army. What's an Army? asks Shaka. Well it's a group of your people that is willing to fight for you and the Zulu people, give them a building in which they may train to better themselves and gather them together to form a force strong enough to do your biding. Shaka stares blankly during all of this not grasping the nature of it.

Wait! What am I biding? You have found yourself to be at the end of a road, a small area in which others may close off your entrance to the rest of this world unless you do not act now. Much time passes and many meetings like this happen before Shaka grasps the severity of his own situation. He sends several of his fastest Impi to his neighbor to his East to ask him of his intentions and quickly discover they are of an evil intent, so without wasted time Shaka leads a force of Six Impi to a land their people call England and discover quickly he has out numbered these people many times over. Shaka orders his men to run threw each village and kill anyone willing to stand up to them. Meanwhile four more Impi arrive in English territory but it is determined that they are not needed here and are quickly given orders to Explore the lands directly North of Zululand and what would be considered our doorway to the world. These four brave Impi arrive in an area these people call Rome and immediately raise an alarm and blow some kind of loud HORN. This is heard threw out their enter region because every Roman unit they encountered wanted to fight. They entered Cumae and quickly overtook the defenders of the town and sent word to Shaka that a much more superior unit type was among the Roman people and described it in detail.

Eclipse counseled Shaka on the Roman's Heavily armored Praetorian and described that units lack of movement and suggested training ax carrying units with virtually no armor which would allow them the speed to move away from the deadly swing of the Praetorian sword and with that the Zulu Barracks threw out Zululand began training these fast and powerful units.

Wait wait stop this I command you! Units gather in force on the Roman border as Shaka writes and sends a Message to these people's leader for the Iron in which enables the training of these superior units, but the reply was simply NO so Shaka gave the order and the Impi units began a pillaging champagne to find gold and these strong units, once located the Axman were told where to fight them. The proud Roman people consolidated and fortified their settlements but there were just to many Zulu units, soon every northern city rebelled against assimilations but were quickly quieted by force.

Top Bottom