The Civ V wish-list!!!

Yeah, I wouldn't want the grid changed. It works fine the way it is, really. I don't see why there is a need to change it.

Öjevind Lång;8006682 said:
I'm still quite happpy with the present, chessboard-like tiles. I bet most gamers are.

I dunno...I've seen quite a few supporters of hexes. Myself included!
- :)

Yeah, I wouldn't want the grid changed. It works fine the way it is, really. I don't see why there is a need to change it.

With hexagons, the distance between tiles is always the same (no diagonals).

I wouldn't strongly dislike it, but I think it falls too far outside the scope of the main Civ series (which is based - flavour-wise, at least - on history).

The starship victory is ahistorical anyway; I'd like it if getting there required some established space presence - an orbital map layer overlay, perhaps - which would not have to deviate too far from historical space development.

The starship victory is ahistorical anyway; I'd like it if getting there required some established space presence - an orbital map layer overlay, perhaps - which would not have to deviate too far from historical space development.

Hmm, wasn't that already in another game/mod? Not sure what to make of it, really, although I agree some sort of space presence would be reasonable. Alpha Centauri actually required construction of two 'Wonders' to achieve a Technological Victory, if I recall correctly ('Voice of Planet', then 'Ascent to Transcendence').

Why do so few people seem to grasp that many of us do not want hexes in Civ because this is exactly what's wrong with it ?

Because many people can't accept having consistent distances between tiles as wrong?
- :p

Hmm, wasn't that already in another game/mod?

As I understand it, it was in Call to Power and has once been modded for Civ 2: Test of Time.

Alpha Centauri actually required construction of two 'Wonders' to achieve a Technological Victory, if I recall correctly ('Voice of Planet', then 'Ascent to Transcendence').

Yes, but I would rather something more fine grained and detailed. Launch material into orbit, develop different kinds of boosters and space shuttles, assemble your starship in orbit and then have to actually launch it. (As in Civ 1, Civ 2, ad BtS).

Because many people can't accept having consistent distances between tiles as wrong?

The inconsistency is not a bug, it's a feature.

Yes, but I would rather something more fine grained and detailed. Launch material into orbit, develop different kinds of boosters and space shuttles, assemble your starship in orbit and then have to actually launch it. (As in Civ 1, Civ 2, ad BtS).

Sounds good. I was thinking maybe having to launch something to the another planet in the Solar System first, or being able to do so for a massive Science bonus.

The inconsistency is not a bug, it's a feature.

;)

How about an Apollo Program followed by a Space Station (with you constructing several components like the current Alpha Centauri mission)? Then, if you really felt the need for more, we could add a Voyager type probe to explore the Solar System or a mission to Mars.

Rocketry = SAM Infantry
Satellites = GPS Cargo Ships
Spaceflight = Lunar Program
Orbital Docking = Space Station

Is there anyone out there leading a campaign to petition Firaxis and 2K to read and consider our wants for Civ V????? Logitech and Stormrage seemed to be onto something back in 2007 so is that movement still going or did it fizzle out?

Is there anyone out there leading a campaign to petition Firaxis and 2K to read and consider our wants for Civ V????? Logitech and Stormrage seemed to be onto something back in 2007 so is that movement still going or did it fizzle out?

I think it's just hope, more than anything. But it would seem like a good idea for them to have a look at the ideas put forward on their biggest fansite. Actually, it's part of the motivation behind the index I'm compiling. It might make it easier for them to find the ideas that seem to have the broadest interest or support.

I think right now my biggest wish is a news of some sort about Civ V, in any vague form. Seriously it's been forever. I played Civ IV maniacally for over a year, but these days I rarely touch it. Need some news to get me back even into Civ IV.

My interest in Firaxis is waning quickly considering their latest products (Civ Revolution + Colonization) and the lack of anything interesting going on whatsoever.

I mean, something must be brewing.

Frankly, I hope they ignore this forum. Why? Just imagine trying to implement everything in this forum. It would be the most confusing exercise in conflicting systems and quasi-RTS ideas ever implemented, with loads of content but no coherency. It would approach levels of MoO3 unplayability.

I'd figure the designers occassionally read the forums, and have taken down a few notes on what they think will work well. The rest of the stuff will have to be done by modders if you really want it.

Frankly, I hope they ignore this forum. Why? Just imagine trying to implement everything in this forum. It would be the most confusing exercise in conflicting systems and quasi-RTS ideas ever implemented, with loads of content but no coherency. It would approach levels of MoO3 unplayability.

I'd figure the designers occassionally read the forums, and have taken down a few notes on what they think will work well. The rest of the stuff will have to be done by modders if you really want it.

As true as that may be, I don't want them to ignore everything. They can just sift through the ideas to find general and widely spread wants & needs, and perhaps take some of the more detailed proposals more seriously.

The original message and attachment has been deleted because an updated one can be found on page 44.

I dunno...I've seen quite a few supporters of hexes. Myself included!

ME TOO.

As we hex-heads never "tile" of stating: hex tiles allow a proper spherical map!! We can actually have accessible polar regions, and global warming can create a world without icecaps!

Or such a world might be among the initial map choices... Tatooine, anyone?

ME TOO.

As we hex-heads never "tile" of stating: hex tiles allow a proper spherical map!! We can actually have accessible polar regions, and global warming can create a world without icecaps!

Or such a world might be among the initial map choices... Tatooine, anyone?

Map choice is good. A move from tiles to hex is a BIG change in the civ game and may or may not detract players.

Hi everybody, just want to drop my Civ5 wish list.

(1) More AI cooperation against strong nations (BIG IMPROVEMENT)
Computer players should be much more eager to (military) cooperate against a third nation when it grows too strong. (Of course also if that third nation is the human player.) Computer players are too carefull trying too survive but their decisions should reflect that surviving but not winning is just as bad as losing a war and being exterminated.

(2) Much more diplomatic options (BIG IMPROVEMENT)
For example:
* No restrictions on trading different types of favors. For example: technology for money, military assistance for converting religion, resources for map information, etc.
* More trading options. For example: food (at transportation costs), units, building improvements, adjust borders, permanent map information (also on moving units thereby turning off the fog of war), technology under the restriction that it is not traded to third parties, peace for the next 200 turns, not building cities in a specific area, stop working on a world wonder, etc. Well, just a lot more options!!
* Specific military coordination. For example: I attack city A with archer B in turn C if you put galley D on my fishing spot E for protection during F turns. (Ok, that's maybe a bit too complex, but something like that!)
* Making threats

(3) Better balance between number of cities and micromanagement (MEDIUM IMPROVEMENT)
Civilization has a lot of options to micromanage your cities. And if these options exist, I also want to use them (for example by checking each turn wether every city has still an optimal allocation of its citizens over the surrounding tiles). However, this becomes too much effort when you have more than 5-10 cities. (Therefore I always play on tiny maps). So I would like a better balance between the micromanagement possibilities and the number of cities.

(4) Better music (SMALL IMPROVEMENT)
There are only a few tracks I like (mostly Renaissance music, BrahmsHungarian1 and the game intro); I find a lot boring or even annoying. If it's too difficult to find a lot of nice tracks, just drop the restraint of era specific music. Rather a few good tracks than a lot of bad ones!

(5) Faster city screens (SMALL IMPROVEMENT)
In all recent civilizations, loading a city management screen takes up to several seconds. Surely, this could go faster.

(6) Better information when setting up a world (SMALL IMPROVEMENT)
In all recent Civilizations I have problems during game setup choosing the parameters for the land/sea proportions. Please more help information and bring back the sample world illustrating the effect of high seas or snaky continents.

And finally...
MARATHON SPEED IS PERFECT
(Please keep that one.)

Sorry for interrupting ;-)

1.Non Nuclear ICBM(Doesnt make global warming but is 40% weaker.)

2.Underground Units(Unseable by normal units)

3.World Wars(Allies vs. Axis)

4.No global warming,just uncleanable fall out for 10-20 turns

5.More powerful nukes

6.Possibly a shuttle bomb(Needs Apollo program and a nuke)

7.Pandemics(all wars stop and research doubles everywhere that can afford double research,reasearch is 200% instead of 100% etc.)

Top Bottom