The Cold War Deluxe; 1950-1991

anyone has a fix for this missing file: art\units\m16\...\combatengineer\americanftvictory .wav
Or has anyone experienced it?
...I could'nt find any unit named M16...on the website... anyone has a link to fix this problem?
Please help!

Daien said:
anyone has a fix for this missing file: art\units\m16\...\combatengineer\americanftvictory .wav
Or has anyone experienced it?
...I could'nt find any unit named M16...on the website... anyone has a link to fix this problem?
Please help!
yes. i know the problem. :blush:

it is a .wav file rerouting problem in the INI.

attached is the correct INI file for the "MI6" unit.

it is the british secret service fellow. ;)

instructions:
DL the file at the bottom of this post & save it in the follwing directory:
Civilization III/Conquests/Scenarios/TCW/Art/Units/MI6

unzip the file and replace the existing one (yes..replace the old one!) w/ the new "MI6.INI".

IMPORTANT: you can load a save game and pick up right were you left off before the crash!!! go to "Autosaves" and you'll be able to locate the last turn before the crash.

sorry for the error!

Attachments

• MI6.zip
    614 bytes · Views: 1,085
I am very interested in playing this scen., I have downloaded the file but when I attempted to extract it, WinRAR kept giving 'the header is corrupted' messages and extraction is then aborted, I would appreciate any help in regard to this problem. Thanks in advance.

thanks for posting that MI6 error. it's very, very easy to fix.

@elfangor801
i checked the pediaicon thing and didn't see the error. specifically, the ".pc x" on the Theater or SS Thruster. :confused: did you DL it entirely? i've seen in the past where win.rar won't extract all of the files. it's been the Text folder that gets "corrupted" or doesn't totally extract. IOW, it's a series of "Missing text..." errors. if this is the case, i can email or post the Text folder for you.

also, i have found a terrible error in the Victory Point scoring. i left it at the default 66% terrain domination & coalition victory :blush: .

what's fixed in 1.1:
Warsaw alliance has 9 total VP locations
Havana
Berlin
Moscow
Baghdad
Cairo
P'yongyang
Saigon
Beijing
Sarejevo

NATO & like-minded civ alliance also have 9 VP spots
London
Paris
Munich
Rome
Istanbul
Tel Aviv
Seoul
Saigon
Taipeh

-It is a "Coalition Victory" in that it's OK for your ally to have the VP
-VP points are awarded only for occupation of the VP spots
-5 pts are awarded to the "Coalition" for each turn they occupy a VP locale
-18000 total VP points are needed for "Victory"
-85% terrain domination is needed for "Victory"
-Build all 10 "Ballistic Missile Shield" parts (Spaceship Parts) for "Victory"
-All 3 are NOT needed for victory; it's whichever comes first
;)

kwaka said:
I am very interested in playing this scen., I have downloaded the file but when I attempted to extract it, WinRAR kept giving 'the header is corrupted' messages and extraction is then aborted, I would appreciate any help in regard to this problem. Thanks in advance.
hmmm....win.rar seems to be kinda beat. :ack:

let's see...did Win.rar install properly when you DL'ed it?

or did you already have win.rar?

how far, if at all, did the file extract?

El Justo said:
also, i have found a terrible error in the Victory Point scoring. i left it at the default 66% terrain domination & coalition victory :blush:

Oh, I was just going to post that I won by VP in turn 62 as West Germany.... :lol:

Good job on the turn speed, its just not fun to play if it takes too long between turns.

Thanks to your fix El Justo, I'll let you know if it works or not... love that scenario... I wonder If I can wage war with anyone, I hope i'm not in some kind of locked Alliance with the west, because I'm hoping to control all asia with Japanese forces...

Thanks El Justo! Your fix worked. However I'm a bit dissapointed for the fact that I"m locked in this alliance. Now I know historically, it makes sense. But I always like the idea that I can change History in CIV. (...I took over the world with my Nazi German war machine in the www2 scenario... just an example!)

El Justo
Thanks for replying to my question. I've reinstalled WinRAR and extracted the game file. I look forward to playing this scenario

Yours

Daien said:
Thanks El Justo! Your fix worked. However I'm a bit dissapointed for the fact that I"m locked in this alliance. Now I know historically, it makes sense. But I always like the idea that I can change History in CIV. (...I took over the world with my Nazi German war machine in the www2 scenario... just an example!)
Daien,

good to see the fix worked. it is really a very minor problem that i should have caught!

for all of those who are wondering...

i play-tested EVERY SINGLE UNIT for this scenario. yes. every single one.

one problem that is a little harder to catch in play-testing: "Victory" wav files b/c i didn't "win" every single battle during play-testing.

however, these errors are not fatal and can be easily fixed ;)

re Alliances

anyone can feel free to mod them as they like but historical accuracy will be compromised. changing the alliances can be done through the "Scenario Properties" screen (see screenie).

@kwaka
i'm sorry to hear that win.rar was such a problem. it's lone feature that sets it aside from win.zip: a better compression rate than win.zip

play reports as your civ is greatly appreciated... :love:

Sega Fanatic said:
Oh, I was just going to post that I won by VP in turn 62 as West Germany.... :lol:

Good job on the turn speed, its just not fun to play if it takes too long between turns.
Rhye's map is the reason for the fast turns. :goodjob:

I have been waiting on this one and it will be exciting to try it out. Looks awesome!

Klyden said:
I have been waiting on this one and it will be exciting to try it out. Looks awesome!
thanks Kly!

@Drivebymaster
all of western europe should, at the least, be alligned w/ the US. one can make a case for spain, scandinavia and even france (left nato in earely 60's) but all in all, i believe that the US should 'get their back' ;)

UPDATE:
while playing as china, i noticed a stupid problem...

i had marked Mountains as "Impassable" and all of a sudden, pollution apperaed on a mountain tile near one of my cities. well, i couldn't send out a worker to clean it up b/c of the 'impassable' flag.

mountains are no longer 'unpassable'.

the new biq file is on the first post. sorry if ya gotta start over.

A few points I have noticed while playing:

-Everyone is called Giovani Groncho or something, but when you actually get into the game only your civ and the other minor civs are still called that. This wouldn't be too hard to fix, but would add a bit more professionalism in an already well done mod.

-Why does every city start and pop size 1 and no improvements? Is this to help with load times, because it put me off playing as the Americans or the Soviets, with such a large empire having to be constructed from scratch.....

Top Bottom