The Ender series...

I'm with Hundegesicht if you like O.S. Card you will love the “Homecoming” series.
I do have a question for Hundegesicht, is the last book good? I am 1/4 into the book and so far it does not seem that good.

Of Shadow or Homecoming?

Shadow of the Giant was fairly boring... the author ran out of ideas, and so basically ranted on about Islam, and carried the story to it's logical end. I could almost say I disliked it, though it's not *bad*... just needed to end a long, long time ago. In fact, I think the only book/series by Card that I've read that he ended properly is Timewatch... which indeed has a totally kickass ending. (and never gets dull)

Earthborn, on the other hand, kind of details the life of settlers on Earth through the first thousand years of colonization. I liked the book itself very much, but didn't really like the end (see above about OSC and endings - the real ending for Homecoming is book 4) It was a great novel, but would've worked perfectly fine as a standalone. It really doesn't fit into the Homecoming universe at all... it's almost as if OSC took a great story and then threw in the couple pages about the Keeper of Earth to cover up the plot hole he left in book 4.

I agree with you Hundegesicht O.S. Card should have left book 4 as the last one. I hate what he did with the main people.

Top Bottom