The Enlightenment Era

Thanks! Something odd happened, though. Future Worlds (V3) already had this fix in it.
Then there must be something else going on, or else some other change made in V3 of Future Worlds has caused an incompatibility. V2 was compatible with EE so long as EE loaded 1st. I have not updated to V3 of Future Worlds yet.

Then there must be something else going on, or else some other change made in V3 of Future Worlds has caused an incompatibility. V2 was compatible with EE so long as EE loaded 1st. I have not updated to V3 of Future Worlds yet.

Where can I download V2 of Future Worlds? I only have the third version.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but being new to CIV 5 modding, all these acronyms are exteremly hard to figure out. Is this compatible with Commuity Balance Patch?

Maybe this is a dumb question, but being new to CIV 5 modding, all these acronyms are exteremly hard to figure out. Is this compatible with Commuity Balance Patch?

1. No, it isn't.

2. Some off of the top of my head:

EE - Enlightenment Era
ExCE - Exploration Continued Expanded
CID - Cities In Development (Formerly CCC - Claims, Colonies and Crimes)
RTP - Rise To Power (Formerly P&P - Piety and Prestige)
CulDiv - Cultural Diversity
CP - Community Patch
CBP - Community Balance Patch
E&D - Events and Decisions
RER - Renaissance Era Revised
EUI - Enhanced User Interface
CL - Colonialist Legacies
MC - More Civs (AKA Pouakai AKA Banhammer :))
GE - Greater Europe (RIP)
TCM - TarcisioCM
SQL - Best Religion
XML - Worst Religion

No bias whatsoever ;)

Thank you!! :D Maybe even dumber, since I guess there are two: Is it compatible with plain CP? (Helpful list already!)

CP is merely (merely :D ) the mod that contains the DLL and other 'enabler' code that CBP runs on. You can run CP without using CBP, but you cannot run CBP without also running CP. And you cannot run CP while also using any other mod with a custom DLL because they will clash with each other and only one of the two mods will actually get its required DLL file activated within the game. And you cannot run any DLL mod if you run the game from Mac, Linux, etc., as "DLL" file-types are a Windows-only thing inherent to the Windows Operating System.

Are we even more confused now? I think I may be.... :)

Thank you!! :D Maybe even dumber, since I guess there are two: Is it compatible with plain CP? (Helpful list already!)

CP is merely (merely :D ) the mod that contains the DLL and other 'enabler' code that CBP runs on. You can run CP without using CBP, but you cannot run CBP without also running CP. And you cannot run CP while also using any other mod with a custom DLL because they will clash with each other and only one of the two mods will actually get its required DLL file activated within the game. And you cannot run any DLL mod if you run the game from Mac, Linux, etc., as "DLL" file-types are a Windows-only thing inherent to the Windows Operating System.

Are we even more confused now? I think I may be.... :)

TL;DR Yes, it works with the core CP, just not with the CBP. :)

I've been thoroughly enjoying this mod and use it in nearly every game :). It's truly amazing work.

Just a couple of things that I find a bit strange though...

The first is that the Galleon becomes obsolete at Navigation, whereas the Galleass does not. This is a bit strange given that Navigation unlocks the ship that the Galleass upgrades to (Frigates), whereas the Galleon is on a different upgrade path to the privateer.

In my last game I was hoping to spit out a few more Galleons to upgrade to Ships of the Line but I was surprised when this wasn't possible.

My second thing is not a criticism so much as a very, very specific wish ;)
I would love it if the Jannisary did not obsolete at Flintlock. That way I could keep making Jannisaries (more of them with the gunsmith!) and upgrade them to keep the awesome promotions. At the moment flintlock makes their window of effectiveness quite short which is a shame...

As you can probably tell, I enjoy playing with the Ottomans using the mod. The increased number of melee ships totally transforms the UA and makes it so much more useful over the game :)

The first is that the Galleon becomes obsolete at Navigation, whereas the Galleass does not. This is a bit strange given that Navigation unlocks the ship that the Galleass upgrades to (Frigates), whereas the Galleon is on a different upgrade path to the privateer.

Thank's for posting this, because I was about to ask if this was a bug. There was a large portion of time when the only melee ship you can produce (if you have Mercs. installed and can therefore only buy privateers) is the Caravel.

In response to the naval unit posts above, I can also add that the text description popup for the ship of the line is incorrect in that it states that it is a ranged ship, while it is melee only.

I agree, that seems like a bug rather than intentional design. To keep with the spirit of the mod, in that naval melee units should not become obsolete with the tech that immediately comes after their prereqtech , ShipoftheLine should have one the following PrereqTech&ObsoleteTech sets: Navigation&Steam Power or Warships&Armor Plating. It is hard to decide which of them is the right one. If we go with the one that requires minimum changes to the mod as it stands now, I think Navigation&Steam Power set is better, it is also more consistent with the manual except Ironclad's prereqtech, which is Armor Plating in the manual but Steam Power in the mod. I think it would be best if we can have a list of bugs, both for us and the author, to help with bug hunting. Taking the manual as the reference, these are the ones that I've found&seen in the forum:
Missing entry in modinfo:
<UpdateDatabase>XML/GameInfo/Enlightenment_Policies.xml</UpdateDatabase>,
Incorrect building class in Buildings.xml and Enlightenment_Policies.xml
"BUILDINGCLASS_BASTION" should be "BUILDINGCLASS_EE_BASTION" ,
Incorrect entry in Enlightenment_Wonders.xml:
Smithsonian Institute: FreeBuildingThisCity should have the value "BUILDINGCLASS_EE_ACADEMY"
In Enlightenment_UnitUpdates.xml
UNIT_ENGLISH_SHIPOFTHELINE should not have <PrereqTech>null</PrereqTech> entry (very minor stuff, but still returns error in logs)
Prereq and Obsolete Techs for naval units:
In Enlightenment_Units.xml:
PrereqTech should be TECH_NAVIGATION for Ship of the Line and English First Rate,
PrereqTech should be TECH_EE_WARSHIPS for Frigate
Missing/Incorrect texts:
In "TXT_KEY_UNIT_EE_SHIP_OF_THE_LINE_HELP" : melee instead of ranged

Also I've got a bit unrelated question for experienced EE players: Do you think it would be a good idea to merge Surveyor and Archaeologist units? The new "Surveyor" unit, can be upgraded from explorer (but for a very high gold cost), can enter rival territories and can carry out tasks of Archaeologist, but it would be a civilian unit (or combat with very low stats, depending on which one is better for AI) with combat withdrawal promotion, the chance of withdrawal would also be boosted by Navigation School policy in Exploration. Also it would have high maintenance cost and would be limited to, say, five active units per player to prevent spam. I think Surveyor unit is a bit redundant currently, and Archaeologist unit remains useful only for 20-30 turns, bringing them together can be interesting.

I agree, that seems like a bug rather than intentional design. To keep with the spirit of the mod, in that naval melee units should not become obsolete with the tech that immediately comes after their prereqtech , ShipoftheLine should have one the following PrereqTech&ObsoleteTech sets: Navigation&Steam Power or Warships&Armor Plating. It is hard to decide which of them is the right one. If we go with the one that requires minimum changes to the mod as it stands now, I think Navigation&Steam Power set is better, it is also more consistent with the manual except Ironclad's prereqtech, which is Armor Plating in the manual but Steam Power in the mod. I think it would be best if we can have a list of bugs, both for us and the author, to help with bug hunting. Taking the manual as the reference, these are the ones that I've found&seen in the forum:
Missing entry in modinfo:
<UpdateDatabase>XML/GameInfo/Enlightenment_Policies.xml</UpdateDatabase>,
Incorrect building class in Buildings.xml and Enlightenment_Policies.xml
"BUILDINGCLASS_BASTION" should be "BUILDINGCLASS_EE_BASTION" ,
Incorrect entry in Enlightenment_Wonders.xml:
Smithsonian Institute: FreeBuildingThisCity should have the value "BUILDINGCLASS_EE_ACADEMY"
UNIT_ENGLISH_SHIPOFTHELINE should not have <PrereqTech>null</PrereqTech> entry (very minor stuff, but still returns error in logs)
Prereq and Obsolete Techs for naval units:
In Enlightenment_Units.xml:
PrereqTech should be TECH_NAVIGATION for Ship of the Line and English First Rate,
PrereqTech should be TECH_EE_WARSHIPS for Frigate
Missing/Incorrect texts:
In "TXT_KEY_UNIT_EE_SHIP_OF_THE_LINE_HELP" : melee instead of ranged

Also I've got a bit unrelated question for experienced EE players: Do you think it would be a good idea to merge Surveyor and Archaeologist units? The new "Surveyor" unit, can be upgraded from explorer (but for a very high gold cost), can enter rival territories and can carry out tasks of Archaeologist, but it would be a civilian unit (or combat with very low stats, depending on which one is better for AI) with combat withdrawal promotion, the chance of withdrawal would also be boosted by Navigation School policy in Exploration. Also it would have high maintenance cost and would be limited to, say, five active units per player to prevent spam. I think Surveyor unit is a bit redundant currently, and Archaeologist unit remains useful only for 20-30 turns, bringing them together can be interesting.
We already had the dicussion on the thread a looong time ago about Warships being the unlocker for the new version of the SOTL and the First Rate, and Navigation being the unlocker for the Frigate. Pouakai already re-jiggered things around with regard to placement of the 'naval' techs and the naval units they unlock based on the commentary from far upthread.

You don't want to touch the Archaeologist as a general rule. The AI doesn't consider secondary abilities of units that are combat units in any way. A combat unit that can found cities is never used by the AI to found cities. A combat unit that can build roads or forts is never used by the AI to build roads or forts. A combat unit that can build fishing boats is never used by the AI to build fishing boats.

TL;DR Yes, it works with the core CP, just not with the CBP. :)

It can however be made to work with the CBP depending on how much editing to either one you are willing to do.

Oh I missed those, should look into that, current line still seems odd though.

So some significant UUs are pretty much useless at AI hands in vanilla? I almost always played with dll mods, now I see what secondary settlers&workers meant in whoward's fixes :lol:Well I'm not surprised though, at least with civ6 they seem to be decided on not introducing elements AI cannot understand. So I'll just give withdraw promotion to arch. and make explorer upgrade to it, I guess it should be safe as long as no combatclass, combat related AItypes etc. are assigned to it.(Just tested a bit,seems to work for AI aside from withdraw promotion, which obviously needs a combat encounter to work. Well that's no biggie, I'm still a fan of less-cluttured unit trees, will be using this from now on)

We already had the dicussion on the thread a looong time ago about Warships being the unlocker for the new version of the SOTL and the First Rate, and Navigation being the unlocker for the Frigate. Pouakai already re-jiggered things around with regard to placement of the 'naval' techs and the naval units they unlock based on the commentary from far upthread.

You don't want to touch the Archaeologist as a general rule. The AI doesn't consider secondary abilities of units that are combat units in any way. A combat unit that can found cities is never used by the AI to found cities. A combat unit that can build roads or forts is never used by the AI to build roads or forts. A combat unit that can build fishing boats is never used by the AI to build fishing boats.

IIRC someone did a compatibility patch for CBP a while ago, should be on the cbp forums. Though it is probably unbalanced and outdated now.
It can however be made to work with the CBP depending on how much editing to either one you are willing to do.

Is these a way I can get the full art define for the Galleon? R.E.D. has several cultural variants for it and I wanted to try them on my end.

As much as I would like to play this MOD, simply CBP is better. Is there anyone on the admins have any true intention of making it compatible?

As much as I would like to play this MOD, simply CBP is better. Is there anyone on the admins have any true intention of making it compatible?

There's already a modmod for that here

Top Bottom