1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Enlightenment Era

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by Pouakai, Aug 24, 2015.

1. breezemallard

breezemallard Chieftain

Same problem here.
    How to fix?

pics

2. Klisz

Klisz Chieftain

You'll need to enable logging and post your Lua.log in order for your issues to be debugged.

3. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

Does anyone know how to replace a specific wonder in EE with a custom one? All it would do is switch out art, music, and flavor assets, the effect remaining the same.

4. breezemallard

breezemallard Chieftain

I upped both lua and database logs for a broader view.
    I think the problem is here:

lua.log
    Database.log
    Edit: the line 419 in the mentioned lua file is:

Code:
    -------------------------------------------------
    -- find the range of columns that each era takes
    -------------------------------------------------
    for tech in GameInfo.Technologies() do
    	local eraID = GameInfoTypes[tech.Era]
    	local eraColumn = g_eraColumns[eraID]
    	if not eraColumn then
    		[B][COLOR="Blue"]g_eraColumns[eraID] = { minGridX = tech.GridX, maxGridX = tech.GridX, researched = false }[/COLOR][/B]
    	else
    		if tech.GridX < eraColumn.minGridX then
    			eraColumn.minGridX = tech.GridX
    		end
    		if tech.GridX > eraColumn.maxGridX then
    			eraColumn.maxGridX = tech.GridX
    		end
    	end
    end

Attached Files:

5. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

Create a mod that adds the new music and art assets, and use UPDATE statements to change the wonder's entries. Then just remember to reference EE.

6. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

Do you have BNW? If so, have you allowed Steam (or the Mac app-store or whatever it is called if you have a Mac) to update your game recently ?

Looking at the entirety of your Database.log, this message appears much farther up the file
    Code:
    [121477.281] table Eras has no column named WarmongerPercent
    [121477.281] 
    [121477.281] In XMLSerializer while updating table Eras from file XML/GameInfo/Enlightenment_Eras.xml.
    Column WarmongerPercent is only valid within table Eras in BNW. I seem to remember this was added in one of the patches (which is why I asked if your game was fully updated), but I could be wrong about the column having been added in an update. If I am correct about the column having been added in a patch to BNW, and you have not updated your game to the latest version (1.0.3.279), then the following may also apply to you, depending on how 'stale' your game-version number is:

Column WarmongerPercent is not valid within table Eras for either G&K or Vanilla, and will cause the entire contents of file Enlightenment_Eras.xml to be discarded by the game for G&K and Vanilla, which is the root cause of all your other troubles. As the mod is currently structured, it is not compatible with G&K and Vanilla.

I think Pouakai did not realize this when he added the WarmongerPercent specification in order to solve the problem people who had BNW were reporting wrt to the Warmonger system being broken in BNW as a result of using the mod. The mod was already BNW-only because of the Great Work slots in buildings and wonders.

7. breezemallard

breezemallard Chieftain

You were right: the problem was the version.
    Once updated from 1.0.3.144 that I had to .279 everything started to work correctly.
    Now I can finally play this wonderful mod :D

Thank you very much :D

8. Deltaway

Deltaway Chieftain

I believe that case-sensitive matching is breaking this mod on Mac and Linux. You used to be able to manually install things onto a case-insensitive file system, but now Aspyr is md5 matching in a tmp directory so it breaks there.

If anyone knows how to install mods on Linux without using Steam Workshop, let me know and I can test the fixes.

In any case, I would like to request that the file called "sv_Lineinfantry.dds" be renamed to "sv_LineInfantry.dds" so that it matches the .modinfo file.

Thank you very much!

9. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

The file is already so named for me in V5 of the mod. I have Win8.1

10. Deltaway

Deltaway Chieftain

Hmm. That's very strange, because a fresh download has it as "sv_Lineinfantry.dds", and the Steam Workshop version returns an error referencing a missing "sv_LineInfantry.dds" file. How/when did you acquire your version?

11. Deltaway

Deltaway Chieftain

I just downloaded the .civ5mod archive from this thread and extracted it with 7z. Here is the output I get:

Code:
    Extracting  Art/Atlases/Units/Unit Flags/sv_Galleon.dds
    Extracting  Art/Atlases/Units/Unit Flags/sv_Lineinfantry.dds
    Extracting  Art/Atlases/Units/Unit Flags/sv_ShipoftheLine.dds

12. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

I really do wish there was a way to make this and CBP work together without heavy modding (I gut the unit and tech changes in CBP), especially since CBP seems to be becoming more popular. I really like this mod, I don't know why Firaxis didn't put something like this in themselves!

13. Senteliks

Senteliks Chieftain

Nah, unless someone is willing to balance this for CBP, just making it compatible will be waste of effort and time, it's however fully compatible with CP, pretty much as the rest of mods are that aren't DLL.

14. phillipwyllie

phillipwyllie Wannabe Deity

On my first game using this mod I encounter many CTD's. I cant remember the last time I had a CTD so I would assume it's this mod. I've provided the save in case it's needed. Verify game cahce turned up no errors.

Attached Files:

15. kesarev

kesarev Chieftain

I unpacked files and put it both to the MODS/ and dlc/ directories but game doesn't detect this MOD. I tried to search something about it on logs but found nothing. Any special tricks to install this mod on GNU/Linux?

Code:
    &#10140;  ~ ls ~/.local/share/Aspyr/Sid\ Meier\'s\ Civilization\ 5/MODS/EnlightmentEra 
    art  credits.txt  enlightenment era (v 5).modinfo  enl.zip  lua  sounds  sql  xml
    &#10140;  ~ ls ~/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Sid\ Meier\'s\ Civilization\ V/steamassets/assets/dlc/EnlightmentEra 
    art  credits.txt  enlightenment era (v 5).modinfo  enl.zip  lua  sounds  sql  xml
    &#10140;  ~ 

16. arkham4269

arkham4269 Court Writer - Orbis Mod

Given the importance of coal, I think the traditional ironclad should be a separate unit. Powerful but not something you need to build a lot of. The upgrade for the galleon could be the steam frigate. While still using coal, it uses a lot less.

Of course I still stand by my long belief that the one unit of resource to one unit build isn't the best way to do it. If it were possible, coding wise, I would think a system of X amount of resource allows for Y amount of units. This would allow larger armies as well as making late war units need strategic resources. Given how WW II infantry were pretty much trucked around, them not needing oil (or the later mech infantry) seems silly.

17. Ravellion

Ravellion Chieftain

I would just like to say that I really, really like this mod. A minor nitpick is that the +% culture of the salon doesn't show up in the tooltip before building (like it does when building a broadcast tower). However, it does work when built, as you can see it in the culture tooltip of a city in which it is built.

Every time I play without this mod feels like a gutted game now. Congrats, that's really the only time a civ 5 mod has achieved that level of game enhancement with me.

18. Colonialist

Colonialist Chieftain

Do you guys have any plans of making this mod and the renaissance era revised mod compatible with cbp?

19. Colonialist

Colonialist Chieftain

dupe post

20. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

Jan's already said that he doesn't play CBP, and so isn't interested nor really able to make them compatible. RER probably won't support it either, since Zwei doesn't hang around here often, and the CBP already includes half of RER!