The ETTT

Did CDZ actually get the message where we provided our actual evidence of the gold dealings? The one with screenshots, where CDZ gold went up and MERLOT gold down by almost exactly the same amount in particular?
Yes, we absolutely did send the email with the attachments to CDZ. We can only assume that they read it.

Maybe it would make sense to organize a chat between the ETTT members, so we can bring out our concerns while all teams are listening, and we can coordinate militarily and technologically.
That would work if it wasn't a team game. I don't see it as necessary either. This situation will resolve itself. Killing time delays a resolution and that's not hurting us.

Yes, I see, I'd lost track of what had been sent to whom. Thought for sure we had some message that *didn't* got to CDZ and only to AMAZONs but doesn't really matter.

I don't really approve of a chat, for one because I just don't trust the internal structure of some of these other teams, and chats have worked awfully in games in the past. (basically, you find *somebody* on another team, but they are just a random person who it turns out will claim they did not "officially represent their team's diplo" or argue about information/false information.)

If we were dealing with a team like MERLOT, having their own specific leader, it may be possible, but trying to get 4 solid representatives of each team doesn't sound like it would work - a good idea in theory maybe.

Also I just agree that taking our time/waiting things out isn't hurting. As it seems our allies still want to just end up declaring war on Mavericks, and we are otherwise going to be prepared on that, we just see that through.

Received from CDZ:

Hello ETTT,

sorry for the rather late information, but due to the downtime and reloads of the game etc. it seems that no one has send an update on our technology path.
CDZ is currently researching Philosophy, I hope there is no collision to one of the other members.

Greetings,
socralynnek

From Sirius, 3 days old:
Greetings fellow allies

It has come to our attention that both Amazon and Quatronia are currently researching Fuedalism. Something should be done about this as soon as possible. It also highlights some poor communication within the ETTT, for which I am willing to share responsibility.

I would normally want to advise here who has been researched it further already, and what we ourselves are currently researching, but I don't currently know either of these things myself personally, and find it most important to pass on the more critical piece of information first.

Irgy, on behalf of Team Sirius

We should finish drama instead. I'll draft a reply explaining our position later today.

Dear our ETTT Allies:

First, the technology situation. Irgy of Sirius brought it to our attention that Amazon and Quatronia were both researching Feudalism, but we have not actually made any progress on it and will finish up drama instead. [What next?]

We have recently been stockpiling gold, as you have no doubt noticed, and we have used this to upgrade our recently launched invasion force. We have resumed research as mentioned previously, and our upcoming Golden Age will increase our research times. The cost of building our invasion force will be made up for by the destruction we will wreck upon the Maverick lands.

In response to the plea from Amazons, as I have mentioned, we are in fact sending a force to strike at the heart of the Mavericks on their home island [see note] that will land in 3-4 turns. Our auxiliary peninsular defenders are unfortunately unable to come to your assistance quickly enough, as there are no roads in the jungle, but our strike should accomplish what you asked. We will defend our shared peninsula against any M&M attack.

Because of the surprise nature of our attack, it would be helpful to avoid making it known to the M&M alliance that the ETTT has astronomy, if they do not know that already.

Cavscout, you mentioned we shouldn't tell them we are going for the home island, why is this? Since they have the map, they will see it in a few turns anyways.

I will send this tomorrow afternoon.

Better to attack the home island first and beg forgiveness afterwards than to tell them ahead of time and open ourselves up to possible objections. Our allies might think that we are being selfish and not truly taking the fight to the enemy on the star. Amazons might scream that we should send our galleons to the center of the star instead. It also might cause Sirius to go for the Mav home island too when really we want to whole thing to ourselves.

I'm not saying we should lie, we just shouldn't reveal our plans prematurely for no reason. So the above messaged should be pared down significantly to remove specific information. We don't need to give exact details of when and where we plan to strike. Lets just say we are building up our stack and we plan to attack the Mavs shortly.

That's a good point, if we wipe out the core they are likelier to be okay with the attack. Here is a toned down message, we still need to decide what to do next.
Dear our ETTT Allies:

First, the technology situation. Irgy of Sirius brought it to our attention that Amazon and Quatronia were both researching Feudalism, but we have not actually made any progress on it and will finish up drama instead. [What next?]

We have recently been stockpiling gold, as you have no doubt noticed, and we have used this to upgrade our recently launched invasion force. We have resumed research as mentioned previously, and our upcoming Golden Age will increase our research times. The cost of building our invasion force will be made up for by the destruction we will wreck upon the Maverick lands.

Our auxiliary peninsular defenders are unfortunately unable to come to your assistance quickly enough, as there are no roads in the jungle, but our strike should accomplish what you asked. We will defend our shared peninsula against any M&M attack.

I remember an earlier objection to drama: finishing it would provide CDZ access to theaters on the petal. Are we still wanting to avoid this?

If we don't finish it, we'll waste beakers, and CDZ can research it quickly if they want theatres. Besides, they have a religion to spread there now. I don't know what else to research ATM, and this needs to be dealt with.

What are the alternatives to drama? There is no rush to finish it and putting if off as long as we reasonably can is probably our best move. We do need enough gold to finish our upgrades and upgrade our petal garrison if necessary (those warriors at pulsar are worthless without gold standing by).

Oh yeah, I forgot about those. We can probably turn on research at least part way though. Don't forget about that money we loaned to Amazon. We can switch to education, I don't think anybody is researching that. I'll send the message saying we are going for education if you guys are good with that. Are you okay with the short explanation as to why we've been stockpiling gold?

Sent this:
Dear our ETTT Allies:

First, the technology situation. Irgy of Sirius brought it to our attention that Amazon and Quatronia were both researching Feudalism, but we have not actually made any progress on it and we have switched to Printing Press for now. What is everyone else researching?

To our friends the Amazons, we regret to inform you that our auxiliary peninsular defenders are unable to come to your assistance quickly enough, as there are no roads in the jungle, but our strike should accomplish what you asked. We will defend our shared peninsula against any M&M attack.Good luck in defending the centre of the star, we will do our best to use this opportunity to bring down the Mavericks.

Sincerely,
CharlemagneXLII
Quatronia

yeah the message seemed right on. I hope our allies can't see the invasion in a negative light, really it takes down Mavericks a peg and Sirius seems like it's on them to commit to their own invasions and concurrent gains (at least, we haven't heard of a lot of Sirius/Mav warfare, and I'm not troubled by the fact we may take more spoils of war if so).

edit: I would completely agree though that the news from AMAZONs makes it majorly sound like our strike against Mavs will succeed. Still in the spirit of the alliance we may still try to get some maces/trebs onto the "Star" or more specifically the Mav petal, see what that distraction does.

I'm pretty sure we could manage to upgrade/defend the Pulsar area anyway, even if AMAZON's hold on the center falls, machiavellian about our allies maybe but we're in good shape.

From CDZ:
Dear Allies,

we are researching Divine Right, not at full speed, as some units need some upgrades.
We will very likely be able to capture some Merlot city (hopefully cities) soon, so this war should be a success for the ETTT not too far in the future.

Greetings,
socralynnek

I guess they want more religion. Maybe we should have bulbed that GA.

If their home island is lightly defended we will be able to shift our stack to the star pretty quickly after taking the 3 island cities. And cutting iron right away will stop crossbow/pike production in all Mav cities, so we are helping out our allies.

Greetings to all ETTT Allies:

Congrats are in order for the recent successes against the despicable M&M enemies. We are heartened that our allies are turning the tide on Starland as well as on the home islands of the M&Ms. We give thanks to Nike, Goddess of victory, and pray that you continue make war, taking the lands of M&M and restoring the rightful property of the ETTT. We will continue to work towards this goal just as you are doing the same. Keep up the good work, we look forward to the fast-approaching end of M&M menace.

On the tech front, we have completed the bulk of our needed upgrades with the much appreciated help of our allies, and we have returned our efforts toward pursuing new technologies for the mutual benefit of the ETTT. We will have Feudalism in approximately 2 turns, immediately after which, we will begin teching Guilds. As the M&Ms do not yet have Engineering, we are hopeful that armoured mounted AMAZON warriors will assist in finally crushing them once and for all.

It is our understanding that Sirius is researching Printing Press, and we recall that Quatronia has beakers invested into Drama, but we are unsure what our other allies tech plans are. Please share this information at your earliest convenience, so that we may continue to avoid duplicate research.

Sommerswerd, Zenobian Captain
We can research at 50% without losing gold. That put printing press completed in about 18 turns. We have enough of a gold reserve to upgrade our Pulsar Plateau garrison should we need to.

The tech choices are:
Drama
Feudalism - Amazon
Education
Printing Press - Sirius
Nationalism

Do we want to turn research back on? I would pick education if we did. Your thoughts?

CDZ said they are going after Divine Right- this will give them more religion to spread to the peninsula. It might be worth it to research drama so we can build theaters on the peninsula. Education is also a good pick.

Top Bottom